Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
-Ramones- Lock
-Ramones-
StarStarStarStarStar
This is the rules of debating The reason this thread is created is because there are so many users who decides to enter a debate thread and start posting without having the intention of debating and it ends with someone disagreeing with their opinion and then an argument would happen thus ruining the debate and the thread will obviously be locked for being off topic or drama. If you can't debate or have any intention of debating, then don't post because you're ruining the thread for others. What is "debate"? - A formal discussion/argument on a particular topic in a formal manner. - To engage in an discussion by discussion opposing points. Rules Of Debating 1Do not debate if you can't debate. Simple. Because all you're doing is ruining the fun for other people who want to debate. 2. Be calm while debating. Don't get angry and start using inappropriate language just because you don't agree with other people opinion or that someone disagree with you. 3 It wouldn't hurt if you could maybe use a proper grammar and perfect spelling. It's that simple. No one can understand what you're talking about and I see that happen a lot. 4. This part is for all the O.P's to read. Some O.P's would just create a thread and leave it just like that. If you create the thread, you should maybe share some of your opinions. And what I hate the most is that while people are debating, the O.P's would enter the thread and starts acting all bossy when they didn't even share any opinions at all. 5. When you are debating, give an opinion that actually makes sense and maybe explain the reason for your opinion because I've seen a lot of people giving a stupid opinion and defend them when they couldn't even provide a fact to back their opinion. 6

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

Just because something is your opinion does not make it. a. Right. b. Intelligent. c. Any less criticizable. d. Acceptable Playing the "It's my opinion, so deal with it" card is pathetic. It means you understand your opinion is based on pure bias, but because it's your opinion, that somehow means it's okay? Wut?
7. Respect other debaters. Don't start any nonsense bull and turned it into an argument. No one likes an idiot who ruins a debate. 8

"Jack Mack" wrote:

No sweeping generalizations or statements, seriously, I've gotten so tired of seeing this. Don't debate and then claim you are correct without understanding the topic/other person's argument/etc. If you don't know something, ask. No "red roosters" as people like to call them. Don't try to lead the argument or topic away from something by bringing up an unrelated subject open for debate.
The end. Note : Other users can also post anything they might like to add to the rules.

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
Tenko
Tenko
StarStarStarStarStar
The only thing I've ever kind of broken is being angry. But that's generally because people never listen. :l Plus, some things make me depressed because of my history. Hng.

hit me more yuukarin (。ワ。)ハァァ

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
-Ramones- Lock
-Ramones-
StarStarStarStarStar

"Tenko" wrote:

The only thing I've ever kind of broken is being angry. But that's generally because people never listen. :l Plus, some things make me depressed because of my history. Hng.
Agree -.- I hate when people do all that because it's a waste of time of other people

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
Tenko
Tenko
StarStarStarStarStar

"-Ramones-" wrote:

"Tenko" wrote:

Agree -.- I hate when people do all that because it's a waste of time of other people
I know, ugh. They repeat themselves over and over until you give up from being so tired of typing the same stuff. I have a suggestion for the anger section - I've seen a lot of people hounding each other through new threads and comments, and then stalking the other person. I've also seen people trying to swarm others with their irl friends.

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
-Ramones- Lock
-Ramones-
StarStarStarStarStar

"Tenko" wrote:

"-Ramones-" wrote:

"Tenko" wrote:

I know, ugh. They repeat themselves over and over until you give up from being so tired of typing the same stuff. I have a suggestion for the anger section - I've seen a lot of people hounding each other through new threads and comments, and then stalking the other person. I've also seen people trying to swarm others with their irl friends.
I know right All i want is one simple answer to their statement and all they did is acting smart about it -.-

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock
Jack Mack_1822069
StarStarStarStarStar
this was such a long overdue post.  thanks for finally making a general rules thread, ramones 

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
-Ramones- Lock
-Ramones-
StarStarStarStarStar

"jdawg47" wrote:

So wait a sec  does this mean ure the king of debaters? u make the rules of debating now huh? i see..
Silly fool, i am the debate ;D But that's not the reason, anyone can make rules on debate and this is from other people suggestion as well. I just post what others suggest to me. Don't take it so bad, i know that you suck at debating but there's no need to be acting like a fool on this Thread as well smile

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
Tenko
Tenko
StarStarStarStarStar

"jdawg47" wrote:

So wait a sec  does this mean ure the king of debaters? u make the rules of debating now huh? i see..
Actually, no. We've all done some of this stuff before. We're just more experienced with these types of things.

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
-Ramones- Lock
-Ramones-
StarStarStarStarStar

"Jack Mack" wrote:

this was such a long overdue post.  thanks for finally making a general rules thread, ramones 
You're welcome And thanks for reading it smile

Rules Of Debating

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock
Jack Mack_1822069
StarStarStarStarStar

"jdawg47" wrote:

"-Ramones-" wrote:

There are so many people acting like they can Debate and end up ruining them self and also, making a Thread being locked for being ''Off Topic'' and ''Arguments''. If you can't Debate, don't Debate because you clearly are making a fool of yourself by acting/thinking that you can Debate. I made this Thread to tell you the rules of Debating because clearly most of you can't handle Debating at all. Rules Of Debating 1Do not act like you can debate at all. I see some people thinking like they can debate when the fact is, you can't debate at all. Just don't act like you can debate because you're making the debate become less fun for other people who can actually debate. 2. Be calm. Don't become angry and ticked if you don't agree with other peoples opinion because if you can't handle it, then don't try to debate because that is the reason why ''arguments'' happen and ''arguments'' that are mostly ''Off Topic'' and that also the reason why Thread's are being locked by Junior Mods because it's their Job to do so. And you as the people who debate on the debating thread need's to think on how the O.P will feel when their Thread is being locked. Some Thread got like almost 50 pages sometimes and it all ends in locked. 3Do not curse. I see some idiots cursing a lot on debating Threads when they should know that this is a Kids Site and they should control their language because cursing means that you're angry and it's stupid for you to show your anger while debating because the moment you do that, you already lost the debate and also making a fool out of yourself and have a huge chance of being in the Penalty Box. And also, some Threads been delete because it got curse in it and again, that is not fair for the O.P. 4Speak Properly. It's that simple. Don't use no Noob Language because no one can understand what you're talking about. It's not hard for you to speak properly and it doesn't matter if you spelled something incorrectly or using the wrong grammar as long as someone can understand what you're talking about. 5This is for the O.P to read. Some O.P would make a Thread in debating and they just want other people's opinion when they don't even gave their own opinion. And even worst, when some users are debating, they would act like they control the Thread [Which they do control it since they made it] and they would ask people who replied with ''Yes'' or ''No'' and quote them and say some silly things and it's annoying. And also, some O.P would be stupid and thinks that they are right and if someone disagree with them, they would ask them to leave the Thread and that is just not a good O.P. 6. When you're debating, please give a good opinion and not a stupid one. Because it's called ''Debating'' so you need to actually ''debate'' in order to make it a good debate. 7

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

Just because something is your opinion does not make it. a. Right. b. Intelligent. c. Any less criticizable. d. Acceptable Playing the "It's my opinion, so deal with it" card is pathetic. It means you understand your opinion is based on pure bias, but because it's your opinion, that somehow means it's okay? Wut?
8. Respect other debaters. Just respect them even if they are giving you a stupid opinions because by not respecting them, it will only provoking the situation and turning it into an arguments. End That is all that i got. Other users can post some stuff for me to put in the Rules. Other debaters just want some good debate. That's all we're asking for. Not much. Just debate if you know how to but if you don't know how to debate, then don't debate at all.
furthermore, that's the immaturity we're talking about here. honestly, I'm not really in the mood tonight for dealing with much more of this website and it's little things like this that are willing to set me off. if you cannot say anything mature or take it maturely, I kindly ask you to leave. we've had one to many good threads lost or gone down the drain do to immaturity. 

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

What's Your Favourite Animal? x3

Hunger Games Or Maze Runner

DIVERGENT OR HUNGER GAMES???

Anybody Seen The Maze Runner?

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

latest videos