×
Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7
Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 12692

You need to control your emotions first in order to debate. It doesn't matter if you have strong belief for what you're stating but you need to control your emotions because if you're a good debater but you can't control your emotions then you already lost.


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl ebfa4eefafa81bb90719837d64c24469880b9b6f180430fe833764236bc8b5a4
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 1136

"Jack Mack" wrote:

getting angry doesn't show that people are weak. it shows they have strong emotional beliefs in what they want to debate which makes the debate so much more fun. if you can provide emotion to a debate, it becomes something new. what ramones meant about getting angry encompasses directly insulting people and bringing up things that do not have to do with the debate in an attempt to hurt someone. like I said before, it's only fun when you're winning, but when you're on the losing side it's not good. ever.
^^


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
I'm going to stay here for another 5 minutes, so if there's any other burning statements you need to get out go for it. I'm tired and my girlfriend will throttle me if she found out I stayed awake longer than I told her I would. (I'm an insomniac, so she always worries that I'll slip back into sleepless nights.) 


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"macyismydog" wrote:

"jdawg47" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

Actually I'll just say one last thing, because I like you so much jdawg. You're not a good debater, you're a good at being flame-bait. You honestly cannot win a debate by continuing to make people angry, I know, I used to try and do that. I'd come off as Mr. High and Mighty and poke fun and jab at people and wait for them to get so extremely pissed at me that I'd do what you're doing, be quiet and let them rage at you so you look like Mr. Innocent. All I've got to say is, that doesn't fly well around here, especially not in threads that have more than just debatable meaning to people but rather have emotional value to back them. In a few years I believe you have the potential to be a great debater, but as of now if you don't want to look like an immature kid I'd suggest staying out of debates until you can stop purposely trying to get people angry.
Noo please stay cuz i have a reasoning behind me getting ppl angry. Number 1 its really fun lolz jk smile number 1 When eople get mad, it shows how weak they are , it breaks rule number 2 smile this might be hard to beleive but ive been in PLENTY of debates, not on here but in real life so i kinda know how to debate just not properly when it comes to typing, i find it much harder to say what i really mean in typing than it is to say it in voice. My point is i wuld be much more fun to debate with in person rathr then on here smile
Making people mad to show their weakness and breaking the rules in debates do not get you very far. I know from past experience.
O and btw guys i just realized something,,, about Rule number 2 He stated , Dont get mad or irritated at the other persons opinion, cuz it will show u dont know how too debate,.   So if i get mad  in a debate it will show i cant debate.  ( btw i dont know if u have noticed this but i havent broken tht rule at all smile ) anyways if i get or show anger, i cant debate. Well Mr. Ramones what happnes if i Show Happiness? OR smile? what idf i smile alot during a debate? does tht mean i cant debate??? Embarrassed?

"Gohan. Let it go. It is not a sin, to fight for the right cause. There are those, who words alone will not reach. Cell, is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan. You are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it."-#16


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 12692

"jdawg47" wrote:

O and btw guys i just realized something,,, about Rule number 2 He stated , Dont get mad or irritated at the other persons opinion, cuz it will show u dont know how too debate,.   So if i get mad  in a debate it will show i cant debate.  ( btw i dont know if u have noticed this but i havent broken tht rule at all smile ) anyways if i get or show anger, i cant debate. Well Mr. Ramones what happnes if i Show Happiness? OR smile? what idf i smile alot during a debate? does tht mean i cant debate??? Embarrassed?
That means that you're playing mind games. And also, if someone could look at that thread about Government, you can see that he just changed it into a debate about Religious when it's about Politics. That's the reason why you failed to debate. That's all.


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
We get it, you like to be a for lack of a better word, a smartarse. The only thing you're honestly making yourself look is worse. Ramones is saying that if you get angry, it's ok, however, don't go out and directly insult someone. Other emotions are usually not provoked in a debate. Debates are supposed to be proper and well versed in etiquette. Believe it or not, that's why Congress has seemingly not got much done. They cannot follow proper etiquette and let the differentiating factor of "You're a democrat, I'm a republican we can't be friends!" get in the way. 


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl ebfa4eefafa81bb90719837d64c24469880b9b6f180430fe833764236bc8b5a4
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 1136

"jdawg47" wrote:

"macyismydog" wrote:

"jdawg47" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

Actually I'll just say one last thing, because I like you so much jdawg. You're not a good debater, you're a good at being flame-bait. You honestly cannot win a debate by continuing to make people angry, I know, I used to try and do that. I'd come off as Mr. High and Mighty and poke fun and jab at people and wait for them to get so extremely pissed at me that I'd do what you're doing, be quiet and let them rage at you so you look like Mr. Innocent. All I've got to say is, that doesn't fly well around here, especially not in threads that have more than just debatable meaning to people but rather have emotional value to back them. In a few years I believe you have the potential to be a great debater, but as of now if you don't want to look like an immature kid I'd suggest staying out of debates until you can stop purposely trying to get people angry.
Noo please stay cuz i have a reasoning behind me getting ppl angry. Number 1 its really fun lolz jk smile number 1 When eople get mad, it shows how weak they are , it breaks rule number 2 smile this might be hard to beleive but ive been in PLENTY of debates, not on here but in real life so i kinda know how to debate just not properly when it comes to typing, i find it much harder to say what i really mean in typing than it is to say it in voice. My point is i wuld be much more fun to debate with in person rathr then on here smile
Making people mad to show their weakness and breaking the rules in debates do not get you very far. I know from past experience.
O and btw guys i just realized something,,, about Rule number 2 He stated , Dont get mad or irritated at the other persons opinion, cuz it will show u dont know how too debate,. So if i get mad in a debate it will show i cant debate. ( btw i dont know if u have noticed this but i havent broken tht rule at all smile ) anyways if i get or show anger, i cant debate. Well Mr. Ramones what happnes if i Show Happiness? OR smile? what idf i smile alot during a debate? does tht mean i cant debate??? Embarrassed?
I think what JiMi said was right. Here is how I see it anyway. If you try to make somebody upset or angry in a debate to get them to show their weakness and/or going off subject doing it, those people can't debate. It's not a real debate if your doing this because it gets the debate nowhere except being locked my Jr.Mods.


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I'm going to stay here for another 5 minutes, so if there's any other burning statements you need to get out go for it. I'm tired and my girlfriend will throttle me if she found out I stayed awake longer than I told her I would. (I'm an insomniac, so she always worries that I'll slip back into sleepless nights.) 
Theres alot of things i dont understand about authority and how people think they can use it.  Anyways about debating i nev said im good at debating, btw did i ever even say i WANTED to be good at debating? maybe i just like to debate for fun,  And btw PPL need too understand this! There is NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY of debating, sorry i put tht i caps too make it bigger smile im not angry smile  so the rulese for debating is pointless, cuz not matter what ppl say i am gunna debate the way i  debate  cuz like i said Debating, is really defined as "putting ure Opinion in the pot", I mean U cant Put ure opinion in the pot  Wrongly, tht doesnt even make any sense Same for u cant put ure opinion in the pot Rightly I say this cuz the Rules for debating is basically saying  " There is a right way t o debat and a wrong way to debate" When honeslty THERE ISNT Big Grin

"Gohan. Let it go. It is not a sin, to fight for the right cause. There are those, who words alone will not reach. Cell, is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan. You are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it."-#16


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
But there is, there are proper rules to debating. It's like we're going around and around on a merry-go-round because I feel that my conversation has gotten nowhere with you. Debates are meant to be stimulating events and can only work if both parties in a debate adhere to general rules and etiquette. 


Posted over 6 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl ebfa4eefafa81bb90719837d64c24469880b9b6f180430fe833764236bc8b5a4
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 1136

"jdawg47" wrote:

"macyismydog" wrote:

"jdawg47" wrote:

"macyismydog" wrote:

"jdawg47" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

Actually I'll just say one last thing, because I like you so much jdawg. You're not a good debater, you're a good at being flame-bait. You honestly cannot win a debate by continuing to make people angry, I know, I used to try and do that. I'd come off as Mr. High and Mighty and poke fun and jab at people and wait for them to get so extremely pissed at me that I'd do what you're doing, be quiet and let them rage at you so you look like Mr. Innocent. All I've got to say is, that doesn't fly well around here, especially not in threads that have more than just debatable meaning to people but rather have emotional value to back them. In a few years I believe you have the potential to be a great debater, but as of now if you don't want to look like an immature kid I'd suggest staying out of debates until you can stop purposely trying to get people angry.
Noo please stay cuz i have a reasoning behind me getting ppl angry. Number 1 its really fun lolz jk smile number 1 When eople get mad, it shows how weak they are , it breaks rule number 2 smile this might be hard to beleive but ive been in PLENTY of debates, not on here but in real life so i kinda know how to debate just not properly when it comes to typing, i find it much harder to say what i really mean in typing than it is to say it in voice. My point is i wuld be much more fun to debate with in person rathr then on here smile
Making people mad to show their weakness and breaking the rules in debates do not get you very far. I know from past experience.
O and btw guys i just realized something,,, about Rule number 2 He stated , Dont get mad or irritated at the other persons opinion, cuz it will show u dont know how too debate,. So if i get mad in a debate it will show i cant debate. ( btw i dont know if u have noticed this but i havent broken tht rule at all smile ) anyways if i get or show anger, i cant debate. Well Mr. Ramones what happnes if i Show Happiness? OR smile? what idf i smile alot during a debate? does tht mean i cant debate??? Embarrassed?
I think what JiMi said was right. Here is how I see it anyway. If you try to make somebody upset or angry in a debate to get them to show their weakness and/or going off subject doing it, those people can't debate. It's not a real debate if your doing this because it gets the debate nowhere except being locked my Jr.Mods.
Theres alot of things i dont understand about authority and how people think they can use it. Anyways about debating i nev said im good at debating, btw did i ever even say i WANTED to be good at debating? maybe i just like to debate for fun, And btw PPL need too understand this! There is NO RIGHT OR WRONG WAY of debating, sorry i put tht i caps too make it bigger [img]../../../../../images/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] im not angry [img]../../../../../images/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] so the rulese for debating is pointless, cuz not matter what ppl say i am gunna debate the way i debate cuz like i said Debating, is really defined as "putting ure Opinion in the pot",I mean U cant Put ure opinion in the pot Wrongly, tht doesnt even make any senseSame for u cant put ure opinion in the pot RightlyI say this cuz the Rules for debating is basically saying " There is a right way t o debat and a wrong way to debate" When honeslty THERE ISNT [img]../../../../../images/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
Wrong way to debate, Right way to debate. There's a major difference.


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

The Great Release | Open in General Roleplays posted by fandom-in-reverse
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by distant
School of Heirs [ATJ | Limi... in School posted by AnnaOfExquizurd
The Wrong Answers Game! :3 ... in Forum Games posted by Mermaid_Author14
My Hero Academia/Boku no He... in TV Shows posted by SimplyMeJayden
The person below me in Forum Games posted by Mermaid_Author14
This isn’t family but I nee... in Family Issues posted by Kirsteeeeen
Please Help Me in Family Issues posted by Kirsteeeeen
How Do You Deal With Others... in Friends posted by Kirsteeeeen
The Wrong Answers Game! :3 ... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
The person below me in Forum Games posted by aashilove
School of Heirs [ATJ | Limi... in School posted by Phantom_Queen
Throw anything at the user ... in Forum Games posted by BlackWolfee
The Wrong Answers Game! :3 ... in Forum Games posted by BlackWolfee
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by AnnaOfExquizurd
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by AnnaOfExquizurd
The Great Release | Open in General Roleplays posted by fandom-in-reverse
Are you Innocent or Guilty? in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
who is ur favourite youtube... in Celebs posted by BlackWolfee
Gay marriage: OK or not?? in Express Your Faith posted by Dinosnore
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by distant
How the Russians Interfered... in Current Events posted by jake495
School Shooting in New Features on KW posted by RedGem
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by resist_
What do you want for 2018 in Current Events posted by Abbergrl
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by Rach
What do you want for 2018 in Current Events posted by Rach
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by Jordan
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Abbergrl
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Abbergrl
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Abbergrl
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by rainbowpoptart
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Mermaid_Author14
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by ValenciaRose
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by Abbergrl
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by Abbergrl
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by BabyMiracle83
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by AnnaOfExquizurd