x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends
Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Posted By:
Vertigo_2009544 Lock
Vertigo_2009544
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 2745
StarStarStarStarStar
I'm curious. Maybe you've heard the joke, "Anything a white guy can do, an Asian can do better." This is a stereotype towards Asians, obviously. But is it racist? Is something good towards your race bad? Like if I said, "All black people are great chess players." Or, "All white people are great swimmers." would you take offense? So, is it racist?


Posted By:
Shadeslayer13 Lock
Shadeslayer13
Member since:
May 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 3283
StarStarStarStarStar
Not necessarily, just stereotyping. Racism is actively hating a race, or believing that one is vastly superior.

Praise the Sun


Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
Member since:
February 2007
Status:
Offline

Posts: 30569
StarStarStarStarStar
[thinks] This is the awesome question and does you mind if I move it to the debates? I does think something what offends another race by saying one race is better then the other is the racists but if its not said in the offending way and its the fact then im not sure. Heres me example and Im not sure Americans has the whiter teeth then British people If its the proven fact then I dont think its the racist But British people is smarter then [some other race] people who is stupids This is not the fact and its offending Im against racism 100% [thinks more]

___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy


hugebearkeep calm and hug ted


Posted By:
Vertigo_2009544 Lock
Vertigo_2009544
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 2745
StarStarStarStarStar

"hugebear" wrote:

[thinks] This is the awesome question and does you mind if I move it to the debates?
Yeah, go ahead! smile

"hugebear" wrote:

I does think something what offends another race by saying one race is better then the other is the racists but if its not said in the offending way and its the fact then im not sure. Heres me example and Im not sure Americans has the whiter teeth then British people If its the proven fact then I dont think its the racist But British people is smarter then [some other race] people who is stupids This is not the fact and its offending Im against racism 100% [thinks more]
Yeah, you got it.


Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
Member since:
February 2007
Status:
Offline

Posts: 30569
StarStarStarStarStar

"Vertigo" wrote:

"hugebear" wrote:

[thinks] This is the awesome question and does you mind if I move it to the debates?
Yeah, go ahead! smile

"hugebear" wrote:

I does think something what offends another race by saying one race is better then the other is the racists but if its not said in the offending way and its the fact then im not sure. Heres me example and Im not sure Americans has the whiter teeth then British people If its the proven fact then I dont think its the racist But British people is smarter then [some other race] people who is stupids This is not the fact and its offending Im against racism 100% [thinks more]
Yeah, you got it.
Alrighty  and thank you Big Grin  Blush [moves the topic to the Debates section]

___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy


hugebearkeep calm and hug ted


Posted By:
Vertigo_2009544 Lock
Vertigo_2009544
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 2745
StarStarStarStarStar

"hugebear" wrote:

Alrighty  and thank you Big Grin  Blush [moves the topic to the Debates section]
I don't remember the last time a mod asked me 4 approval. But I digress.


Posted By:
AsiaCrazii
AsiaCrazii
Member since:
July 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 57
StarStarStar
Well,of course they are going to take offense, technically you are talking about another race. And just like you said Black people are better at chess, a white person or Asian person may take offense because it's just like your saying that they are not as good. 

GOT SWAG ?
CAUSE Y.O.L.O

YOUR BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR OWN SPECIAL WAY NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY


Posted By:
Alexithymia_1396133 Lock
Alexithymia_1396133
Member since:
December 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 9052
StarStarStarStarStar

"Vertigo" wrote:

I'm curious. Maybe you've heard the joke, "Anything a white guy can do, an Asian can do better." This is a stereotype towards Asians, obviously. But is it racist? Is something good towards your race bad? Like if I said, "All black people are great chess players." Or, "All white people are great swimmers." would you take offense?

So, is it racist?

Depends which definition you're using. It can be considered racism under the definition that "racism" is "a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others." But, I wouldn't use the word racism in this case, or ever when it came to white people. I think there needs to be a clear difference between a single person's prejudice and discrimination, what I'd call this, and the system of discrimination established by our government and contributed to by the overwhelming majority of white people, who aren't aware of their priviledge.  


"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek proverb

Because of school, I don't have much time to be on KW atm.


Posted By:
iamalive
iamalive
Member since:
August 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13296
StarStarStarStarStar
Only if your trying to be mean, it would be racism. But if you really mean it, and you don't wanna be mean, I'd say it isn't racism.

ur mem


Posted By:
Dezarkle_1622138 Lock
Dezarkle_1622138
Member since:
October 2010
Status:
Offline

Posts: 9127
StarStarStarStarStar
No, I don't see it as racism. I see it as more of a stereotype. There's so much media of Asians being completely amazing at things that people have just said "Wow, all Asians must be this good." If you're Asian and you go up to someone proclaiming that you're better than them because you're Asian, then yeah, that's racism, because you're offending another race. Otherwise I just see it as harmless stereotyping.

Adieu.


Latest Forum Posts

Is ______ In Your Class?

A Very Lame Joke

Type The First Word That You Think Of!

Whats Ewww to You?

Is ______ In Your Class?

Is ______ In Your Class?

Whats Ewww to You?

What was the last thing you ate?

ThE WoRd GaMe

The yes and no game

Latest Videos

Play Online Games