Kw-halloween-logo-small

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
Vertigo
Vertigo
StarStarStarStarStar
I'm curious. Maybe you've heard the joke, "Anything a white guy can do, an Asian can do better." This is a stereotype towards Asians, obviously. But is it racist? Is something good towards your race bad? Like if I said, "All black people are great chess players." Or, "All white people are great swimmers." would you take offense? So, is it racist?

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
Shadeslayer13 Lock
Shadeslayer13
StarStarStarStarStar
Not necessarily, just stereotyping. Racism is actively hating a race, or believing that one is vastly superior.

Praise the Sun

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
[thinks] This is the awesome question and does you mind if I move it to the debates? I does think something what offends another race by saying one race is better then the other is the racists but if its not said in the offending way and its the fact then im not sure. Heres me example and Im not sure Americans has the whiter teeth then British people If its the proven fact then I dont think its the racist But British people is smarter then [some other race] people who is stupids This is not the fact and its offending Im against racism 100% [thinks more]

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
Vertigo
Vertigo
StarStarStarStarStar

"hugebear" wrote:

[thinks] This is the awesome question and does you mind if I move it to the debates?
Yeah, go ahead! smile

"hugebear" wrote:

I does think something what offends another race by saying one race is better then the other is the racists but if its not said in the offending way and its the fact then im not sure. Heres me example and Im not sure Americans has the whiter teeth then British people If its the proven fact then I dont think its the racist But British people is smarter then [some other race] people who is stupids This is not the fact and its offending Im against racism 100% [thinks more]
Yeah, you got it.

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar

"Vertigo" wrote:

"hugebear" wrote:

[thinks] This is the awesome question and does you mind if I move it to the debates?
Yeah, go ahead! smile

"hugebear" wrote:

I does think something what offends another race by saying one race is better then the other is the racists but if its not said in the offending way and its the fact then im not sure. Heres me example and Im not sure Americans has the whiter teeth then British people If its the proven fact then I dont think its the racist But British people is smarter then [some other race] people who is stupids This is not the fact and its offending Im against racism 100% [thinks more]
Yeah, you got it.
Alrighty  and thank you Big Grin  Blush [moves the topic to the Debates section]

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
Vertigo
Vertigo
StarStarStarStarStar

"hugebear" wrote:

Alrighty  and thank you Big Grin  Blush [moves the topic to the Debates section]
I don't remember the last time a mod asked me 4 approval. But I digress.

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
AsiaCrazii
AsiaCrazii
StarStarStar
Well,of course they are going to take offense, technically you are talking about another race. And just like you said Black people are better at chess, a white person or Asian person may take offense because it's just like your saying that they are not as good. 

GOT SWAG ?
CAUSE Y.O.L.O

YOUR BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR OWN SPECIAL WAY NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
Alexithymia_1396133 Lock
Alexithymia_1396133
StarStarStarStarStar

"Vertigo" wrote:

I'm curious. Maybe you've heard the joke, "Anything a white guy can do, an Asian can do better." This is a stereotype towards Asians, obviously. But is it racist? Is something good towards your race bad? Like if I said, "All black people are great chess players." Or, "All white people are great swimmers." would you take offense?

So, is it racist?

Depends which definition you're using. It can be considered racism under the definition that "racism" is "a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others." But, I wouldn't use the word racism in this case, or ever when it came to white people. I think there needs to be a clear difference between a single person's prejudice and discrimination, what I'd call this, and the system of discrimination established by our government and contributed to by the overwhelming majority of white people, who aren't aware of their priviledge.  

"A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek proverb

Because of school, I don't have much time to be on KW atm.

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
iamalive
iamalive
StarStarStarStarStar
Only if your trying to be mean, it would be racism. But if you really mean it, and you don't wanna be mean, I'd say it isn't racism.

I honestly can't say anything without sounding like a troll.

Is it racist?-moved

Posted By:
Dezarkle
Dezarkle
StarStarStarStarStar
No, I don't see it as racism. I see it as more of a stereotype. There's so much media of Asians being completely amazing at things that people have just said "Wow, all Asians must be this good." If you're Asian and you go up to someone proclaiming that you're better than them because you're Asian, then yeah, that's racism, because you're offending another race. Otherwise I just see it as harmless stereotyping.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

What is your biggest fear?

Is religion good or bad?

Is religion good or bad?

Is religion good or bad?

latest videos