Kw-logo-holiday

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should swearing be illegal?

Posted By:
nascarawesome
nascarawesome
StarStarStarStarStar
Well what do you think? On the news today a town in Massachuchets said if you swear in public you get fined $20.

Attack On Titan Quote

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
That's a bit over the top. I don't think it should be illigeal. I swear sometimes, but it sometimes slips out when people are angry. I personally think it's ugly, but it should'nt be illeagal.

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar
Actually, It's against the law to swear in public. It's aggressive language, and in some cases can class as verbal assault and you can even go to jail for it. for up to 6 months in some states in Australia. Though this isn't for letting the "f" word slip in public during a casual conversation, this is for threatening or violent language. Yelling swear words at someone combined with aggressive body language should always get police attention, and continuing to do so after being told not to would get you a trip to a holding cell so you could cool off. a jail sentence would take a lot more. lol. Anyway, the mass. Law in question also isn't really for simply letting a swear word slip in casual conversation, It's for people who, In public yell across the street (eg) to each other and swear. It's because people are fed up with all the swearing (which must be rather common place there) many people are offended by the words, or simply don't want their kids to hear that kind of language.

I'm sarcastic a lot. If I offended you I probably didn't mean to. Probably.

Posted By:
CuriousJake Lock
CuriousJake
StarStarStarStarStar
It's called Disorderly Conduct.

I'm Jacob, rustlin' jimmies is my thing.

Are your jimmies rustled?

Posted By:
too kute''jada''
too kute''jada''
StarStar
i think if people chose to swear let them do that... but in one pacific religion ur not suspose to swear

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar

"too kute''jada''" wrote:

i think if people chose to swear let them do that... but in one pacific religion ur not suspose to swear
more than one religion has not swearing as a rule.  If people yell swears in public I don't think that's ok. not only is is inconsiderate to everyone around you but many people find it offensive and children can hear it.

Posted By:
too kute''jada''
too kute''jada''
StarStar
oh i didnt know that i was thinking about my religion i really dont know about other religions...

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar

"too kute''jada''" wrote:

oh i didnt know that i was thinking about my religion i really dont know about other religions...
I'm guessing you're Christian? as Christianity was originally a sect of Judaism, as was Islam, as a rule of thumb anything in the first testament applies to Christianity/Catholicism as well as Judaism and Islam, as the first testament is  part of all those religions smile

Posted By:
becky.barbiee_2159334 Lock
becky.barbiee_2159334
Star
lol no! :b

Posted By:
MikhailTal Lock
MikhailTal
StarStarStarStar
No. They're strong expressions that are only considered bad because people think they're bad. Like all words, they have no inherent values.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 32 33

play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Should we bring back the death penalty?

am i wrong

Top 3 fav animals

supernatural adventure chistmas celebratio...

iPhone 6

Rate the signature above you!

latest videos