Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Should swearing be illegal?

Posted By:
american in paris
american in paris
StarStarStarStar
no not at all swearing are just words with some bad meanings but nothing more than it is up to you if you want to swear or not it is a part of our freedom of speech

Dont blue cuz i may love yew!! Dont hate ppl cuz they are better looking then you but u have ur own specail traits that make you, you so.dont hate and ppl who steal.pictures plz just stop its so stupid.

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
I personally don't like swearing, but it shouldn't be illegal.

Posted By:
american in paris
american in paris
StarStarStarStar

"noordinarygirl" wrote:

I personally don't like swearing, but it shouldn't be illegal.
what dont you like about it and i love yr quote of bob

Dont blue cuz i may love yew!! Dont hate ppl cuz they are better looking then you but u have ur own specail traits that make you, you so.dont hate and ppl who steal.pictures plz just stop its so stupid.

Posted By:
nedurak
nedurak
StarStarStar
Why? Swearing is a part of a normal conversation here in Russia, both for children and adults. Swearing can sound a little harsh but it is a way to speak emotionally.

The little the better

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar

"Jack Mack" wrote:

So much for freedom of speech. 
It's not effecting freedom of speech. the law referenced to by the op is not against people swearing casually, but against people yelling out swear words to each other from across the street and such. It's no more anti freedom of speech than the "no swearing" rule here on KW

I'm sarcastic a lot. If I offended you I probably didn't mean to. Probably.

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar

"CantBeGood" wrote:

lol it doesnt matter swearing is in music so what you gonna ban music cus there's swearing in it,swearing will be here no law is gonna stop people from cursing,shoot say what you gotta say
Many radio stations bleep the swear words. Some choose not to. 

Posted By:
dirtbiker2
dirtbiker2
StarStarStarStar
But if it was illegal doesnt that mean you go to jail for swearing.  

Adele may be able to set fire to the rain but Spongebob can make a campfire underwater

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar

"pandalover919" wrote:

No swearing is just words with a bad connotation, so if there's a law against it in america it's unconstitutional(bill of rights' freedom of speech) and if you don't want your kid to hear te words: cover their ears.
So parents are meant to be psychic? Know when someone is about to swear? By the time said parent hears someone yell a swear word at someone else (I reiterate, that's what the law is about, not casual swearing.) The word is out. it's been said. The kid hear's it at the same time as the parent. What you're suggesting as a solution is, in essence, for parents to walk down the main streets, go to parks, go to mall walking around with something over their kids ears.  The anti swearing law is not against freedom of speech. it's against people who abuse it. As I said a second ago (sorry to me making so many posts btw. paste is disable on my comp for some stupid reason. have to figure that out. lol. I didn't even know it was possible. ) It's not more anti free speech than the no swearing rule on KW.

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar

"nedurak" wrote:

Why? Swearing is a part of a normal conversation here in Russia, both for children and adults. Swearing can sound a little harsh but it is a way to speak emotionally.
Russian has a very different culture for the of Massachusetts. You need to keep that in mind, as that is the actual law given to be discussed.

Posted By:
pandalover919
pandalover919
StarStarStarStar

"ImSoOld" wrote:

"pandalover919" wrote:

No swearing is just words with a bad connotation, so if there's a law against it in america it's unconstitutional(bill of rights' freedom of speech) and if you don't want your kid to hear te words: cover their ears.
So parents are meant to be psychic? Know when someone is about to swear? By the time said parent hears someone yell a swear word at someone else (I reiterate, that's what the law is about, not casual swearing.) The word is out. it's been said. The kid hear's it at the same time as the parent. What you're suggesting as a solution is, in essence, for parents to walk down the main streets, go to parks, go to mall walking around with something over their kids ears. The anti swearing law is not against freedom of speech. it's against people who abuse it. As I said a second ago (sorry to me making so many posts btw. paste is disable on my comp for some stupid reason. have to figure that out. lol. I didn't even know it was possible. ) It's not more anti free speech than the no swearing rule on KW.
I meant if you hear someone swearing you should do that because if somones yelling it, you know there's going to be more, though if youre really against it, you should just get your kids away and if its a public place, then yes its against freedom of speech, as far as i know KW is privatly owned and how can you abuse somthing that says you can say anything you want lastly, if it's yelling it's disturbing the peace

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

Dressed up or dressed down

Me and My Sister.... again.

What/How are you feeling right now?

We the Kidz

latest videos