Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock
Jack Mack_1822069
StarStarStarStarStar
I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
StarStar
I somewhat agree... I guess. If you were in my shoes you'd probably feel the same way. Are you really interested in this topic? If so, you should check out the documentary "Sound and Fury". It's pretty neat Wink

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
StarStar
I guess

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock
Jack Mack_1822069
StarStarStarStarStar
The whole argument is silly is what I'm saying. It's similar to saying "Black people getting equal rights means Black culture is going away." Just because you can hear doesn't mean you lose your culture. 

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
peapod1026
peapod1026
StarStar
It's what you think best. But my American sign language teacher told me is that thenDeaf community frowns apoun people getting them. Deaf people can speak: with their mouth but they normally don't, and with their hands. American sign language is a great language and it's really cool. the reason why the community frowns apoun it is because they don't have a big population of deaf people and if everyone went out and got Cochlear implants then the language would soon be a dead language. FYI: there is a difference between deaf and Deaf. Deaf means you are using the language and you consider yourself to be part of the Deaf community. deaf is where you just can't hear, youndontbsign that much or anything like that.

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
peapod1026
peapod1026
StarStar

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 
The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
peapod1026
peapod1026
StarStar
Everyone just needs to watch the show thats on abc family. It's switched at birth. It has ask in it and you get to know and understand their culture. 

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock
Jack Mack_1822069
StarStarStarStarStar

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth
Not being able to hear is a disability... 

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
peapod1026
peapod1026
StarStar

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

No it's not. I are American sign language 2 and my teachers are/where interpreters and they have told us that it is not a disability. 

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock
Jack Mack_1822069
StarStarStarStarStar

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

No it's not. I are American sign language 2 and my teachers are/where interpreters and they have told us that it is not a disability. 
Okay...so being deaf is not disabling you from hearing? 

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Debating tips?

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

Describe the profile pic above you

We the Kidz

Newbie Alert!

latest videos