x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

General

Cochlear Implants

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 


Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
Member since:
August 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 24
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I somewhat agree... I guess. If you were in my shoes you'd probably feel the same way. Are you really interested in this topic? If so, you should check out the documentary "Sound and Fury". It's pretty neat Wink

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!


Posted By:
Sign Lover
Sign Lover
Member since:
August 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 24
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I guess

Sign Lover
I luv my peeps!


Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
The whole argument is silly is what I'm saying. It's similar to saying "Black people getting equal rights means Black culture is going away." Just because you can hear doesn't mean you lose your culture. 


Posted By:
peapod1026_2170022 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
peapod1026_2170022
Member since:
June 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 25
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
It's what you think best. But my American sign language teacher told me is that thenDeaf community frowns apoun people getting them. Deaf people can speak: with their mouth but they normally don't, and with their hands. American sign language is a great language and it's really cool. the reason why the community frowns apoun it is because they don't have a big population of deaf people and if everyone went out and got Cochlear implants then the language would soon be a dead language. FYI: there is a difference between deaf and Deaf. Deaf means you are using the language and you consider yourself to be part of the Deaf community. deaf is where you just can't hear, youndontbsign that much or anything like that.

Posted By:
peapod1026_2170022 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
peapod1026_2170022
Member since:
June 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 25
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 
The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth

Posted By:
peapod1026_2170022 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
peapod1026_2170022
Member since:
June 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 25
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
Everyone just needs to watch the show thats on abc family. It's switched at birth. It has ask in it and you get to know and understand their culture. 

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 
The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth
Not being able to hear is a disability... 


Posted By:
peapod1026_2170022 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
peapod1026_2170022
Member since:
June 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 25
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 
The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth
Not being able to hear is a disability... 
No it's not. I are American sign language 2 and my teachers are/where interpreters and they have told us that it is not a disability. 

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"peapod1026" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

I've never understood why deaf people get so upset that people just want to hear, and be normal. No one is forcing deaf people to get cochlear implants but if I was disabled and could fix it....I would. 
The are not DISABLE. People have got to see tha they can do everything that we can do. It's just that they cant hear. Watch the show switched at birth
Not being able to hear is a disability... 
No it's not. I are American sign language 2 and my teachers are/where interpreters and they have told us that it is not a disability. 
Okay...so being deaf is not disabling you from hearing? 


Latest Forum Posts

did you ever change your religion?

Rate the metal band above you.

Rate the metal band above you.

Funny Quotes

did you ever change your religion?

did you ever change your religion?

did you ever change your religion?

Rate the singer above you

Funny Quotes

The Like Button Debacle

Latest Videos

Play Online Games