Kw-logo-smaller

Random

Debating
Love to debate? Need a place? Choose a subject and get it going. Others will join in.

Teachers On Strike. Good thing? Or Bad Thing?-moved

Posted By:
gonandi
gonandi
StarStarStarStar
today: Monday 9:54 am. boooreeed. you know why? cause the teachers are on strike. so i am here at home, waiting to go somewhere. Its kinda a good thing that the teachers are on strike to me because homework won't be due till wednsday or thursday, and also because our mayor changed our school hors, so i am not used to getting up this early for school, and getting out this late, so school is giving me a headache. but i am sad cause i was looking forward to seeing my friends, but it is what it is. so, do you think that the tasters on strike are a good thing, or a bad thing?

Posted By:
GawjussGracieex
GawjussGracieex
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
I'm sure it'll be good for the students if they're not fond of school but ultimately, they're missing out on part of their education. Frustrated

Junior Mod
Ask me if you have any questions or need any help.

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar
Teachers are grossly underpaid. I mean, we think our school work and homework and assignments are tough- our teachers have to grade everything, plan our lessons, pan our homework and assignments, organise our field trips.  It's not like they do it for the money, they do it because it's what they want to do and it's what they love. If they've had go as far as actually striking, you know they think something is really wrong. 'specially since it;s the first in chicago in about 25 years. They want a teacher evaluation system that isn't dependant on the test scores of students. They want teachers who have been fired due to budget cuts or school closures to be considered over new coming teachers when there are job openings. Both of those seem very fair to me. 

I'm sarcastic a lot. If I offended you I probably didn't mean to. Probably.

Posted By:
Directioner2165
Directioner2165
StarStarStarStar
I know its for student benifiets but no. Learning should be going on...not protests.

ILYYYY

I love youuuuusmilesmilesmile

Posted By:
barney12345
barney12345
Star
i think it on the good  and  bad side becase you get a day of but you dont get to learn any thing but if you at home with mum and dad it gets boring Devil

Posted By:
lovecaringhapiness
lovecaringhapiness
Star
ITS GOOD   Angel   AND BAD   Devil  PEOPLES WE ALL KNOW THAT DEPENDING ON OPPINIONS AND FACTS. Wink

Genny

Posted By:
Twilight Bella :)_1492891 Lock
Twilight Bella :)_1492891
StarStarStarStarStar
A bad thing. Education is very important, and although school can be a bore and pain at most times, it's still essential. Also, along with all the homework and tests, you get to hang with your friends and do after school activities, and other stuff. 

Two quotes I fully support:
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~ Charlie Chaplin ♥

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." ~ Dalai Lama

******CountessFantacula*******

Posted By:
Super-Girl16
Super-Girl16
StarStarStarStarStar

"GawjussGracieex" wrote:

I'm sure it'll be good for the students if they're not fond of school but ultimately, they're missing out on part of their education. Frustrated
Not only are they missing out a part of their education., they're also missing important Class Works, Tests and homework assigned to them by their teachers. However, I do agree, that teachers work very hard., and do deserve a break.

Window snap.

Let the storm rage on.♥

Posted By:
Dilemmian
Dilemmian
StarStarStar

"ImSoOld" wrote:

Teachers are grossly underpaid. I mean, we think our school work and homework and assignments are tough- our teachers have to grade everything, plan our lessons, pan our homework and assignments, organise our field trips.  It's not like they do it for the money, they do it because it's what they want to do and it's what they love. If they've had go as far as actually striking, you know they think something is really wrong. 'specially since it;s the first in chicago in about 25 years. They want a teacher evaluation system that isn't dependant on the test scores of students. They want teachers who have been fired due to budget cuts or school closures to be considered over new coming teachers when there are job openings. Both of those seem very fair to me. 
I agree with this post.

D͙̪͡͡ơ͉̮̺͢n̫͓ͅ'̧̲̬̰̩̞̖̝͜t͏̧҉̬͍̪͓̻̱̝̪̳ ̱̻̫̞̦̥͢͝l̠̝̯̭͖̩͍͚o̼̦̜͙o̸̯̣̘͙̣͔̫̞̘͟k̖̟͔̞̹͘͠ ̶̡̟͔̫͚͘b̡҉̰̬̱̯͖͘ͅe̱̥͔h̶̶̥̝͇͉̮i̷̘̲̝͚͙͢ͅņ͞͏̺͖d̢̼̯̮͚̱̜͙́ͅ ͓͈̭̞̬̟̗̀y̢̛͕̠͇͚͢o҉͇̲̪̥͇͍͇͢ṵ̥̜̞̖̝͝.̵͉͙̣͎͎͡

Posted By:
ImSoOld
ImSoOld
StarStarStarStarStar
As far as the lack of education goes, it;s not forever, and the students can catch up. there'll probably just be less messing around and "fun" stuff, but catchup will be done.

I'm sarcastic a lot. If I offended you I probably didn't mean to. Probably.

← Previous 1 3 4

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

write any kw members name

jusitce_090

Rate the signature above you!

Words that start with C.

latest videos