Kw-logo-smaller

Music

Everything Music
Talk about music, lyrics, singers, writers and news! Who is the best and who is the worst? Let’s hear your input!

Hey, anyone here of the 70's and 80's?

Posted By:
ZippyTheCrazy-l Lock
ZippyTheCrazy-l
StarStarStarStar
So yeah, a long long time ago there use to be a time when bands such as Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Led Zepplin, Judas Preist, Iron Maiden, Black Sabath, The Oz man, Metallica and many more roamed the earth. This was a time when songs lasted longer then 3 minutes and could last for almost half a hour xhard to believe, but I''ve got a version of Dazed and Confused by Led Zepplin thats 26 Minutes long.) Also bands were more artistic with things like Concept albumns. This was truly the golden age of Rock with artists who could play millions of times better then anything else existing today. So kiddies if you''d like to take a trip back into this magic land you could pick up a albumn like "The Wall" "The Number of the Beast" "The Black Albumn" "Led Zepplin I, II, or II" and many more. I wish you the best of the luck.

Some times laying the smack down is a little to easy.

By the way, for a band that doesn''t suck and is actually..you know good. Try Iron Maiden, the best and i mean best band in the universe.

Up the IRONS!

Posted By:
Unforgotten-l Lock
Unforgotten-l
StarStarStarStarStar
Of course, that''s all a matter of opinion, and there''s still plenty of bands that do long, epic songs today.

See:
Iced Earth
Modest Mouse
The Paper Chase
Streetlight Manifesto
Apocalyptica
Blind Guardian
Dragonforce
Muse

Etc.

Well, maybe some of them aren''t great example of "long" songs, but they are great bands of today.

Oh, and I''ve listened to old rock, and even though I do find some of it to be good, it''s really not my type of music.

Posted By:
XvengeanceX Lock
XvengeanceX
StarStarStarStarStar
I have one example of a band who make semi-long songs, they are Avenged Sevenfold.
Two bands off the top of my head that have concept albums are My Chemical Romance and Cursive.
My personal opinion about Black Sabbeth is that the music is good but the vocals leave much to be desired.

Posted By:
Unforgotten-l Lock
Unforgotten-l
StarStarStarStarStar
Oh yeah, I forgot he mentioned concept albums.

The best concept albums I''ve ever heard were from The Paper Chase. Hide The Kitchen Knives and Now You Are One Of Us are amazing.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

speak about the above user

Pray For Israel

speak about the above user

Pray For Israel

Pray For Israel

Whar's Your Favorite Radio Station?

latest videos