×
Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7

Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Celebs cartoon cfce93feab0316bf700026de7ec97f7de6e9ad1915d2ce24ce54a99a68a2b199
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.

So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 2468

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?

*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.

Jeffery and Darrel


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"imp3rfect-porcelain" wrote:


Urm. No. I'd put it on the same level as "I'm singing these words and I have no idea what they mean"
I know I did. I done it again just there. But that's my opinion and I don't really understand why you're getting so worked up about it.

You can put emotion into your work without lyrics, but if you add in lyrics it takes it to a whole new level. You haven't failed as a musician if you use more words than sounds. It just shows you're a great writer with musical talent. Being able to play both the sounds and the lyrics together takes you to a new level in music. If you just happen to be better at one than the other that doesn't mean you've failed. 

Yay you.

How is singing words without knowing what they mean lowering the value of the work?
I bet in primary school you didn't have a clue what those hymns meant or were about, but you still sang them. Semantics, semantics.

That "whole new level" is about 3 levels below the instrumental level. If you rely on words more than sounds either do spoken word (which is not music) or write poetry. Because if lyrics are the one thing carrying your "music" career, you're a failure as a musician and should be left in the special corner with artists like Adele.
If you had musical talent, you wouldn't rely on words for what they say, you'd rely on how they sound.
Stop trying to treat music like literature.

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 2468

*Eats popcorn*
Mhm
*Sips coke*
Yep.

Jeffery and Darrel


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"Blind Faith" wrote:

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?
*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.


So you care what they think, but only if they follow the Bambi teachings of philosophy?
You can't have productive discussion if the rules say "Nothing positive? Nothing said".

Your thoughts are childish, as are your ways.
If you don't like being told you're wrong, go somewhere else or become a creationist.

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
I like Gangnam Style, but that's only because I listen to Korean music in the first place, not 'cause everyone else likes it. 


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 440

There is a very successful Icelandic post-rock band called Sigur Ros, and in the songs with vocals, the lead singer sings in something called 'Hopelandic,' which is just gibberish, but it sounds good. The idea being that the lyrics act as another instrument, and the words don't have any pre-determined meanings, allowing each individual to interpret it. 


I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 2468

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?
*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.

So you care what they think, but only if they follow the Bambi teachings of philosophy?
You can't have productive discussion if the rules say "Nothing positive? Nothing said".

Your thoughts are childish, as are your ways.
If you don't like being told you're wrong, go somewhere else or become a creationist.

Dude, you're making this harded than it needs to be. First of all, you're STILL wrong. I'll underline this so you understand. I respect others' opinions, but if they're gunna be wads, I couldn't care less what they think. In this case would be you.

Maybe my thoughts are childish because I am a child.

Jeffery and Darrel


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"imp3rfect-porcelain" wrote:


Urm. No. I'd put it on the same level as "I'm singing these words and I have no idea what they mean"
I know I did. I done it again just there. But that's my opinion and I don't really understand why you're getting so worked up about it.

You can put emotion into your work without lyrics, but if you add in lyrics it takes it to a whole new level. You haven't failed as a musician if you use more words than sounds. It just shows you're a great writer with musical talent. Being able to play both the sounds and the lyrics together takes you to a new level in music. If you just happen to be better at one than the other that doesn't mean you've failed. 

Yay you.
How is singing words without knowing what they mean lowering the value of the work?
I bet in primary school you didn't have a clue what those hymns meant or were about, but you still sang them. Semantics, semantics.

That "whole new level" is about 3 levels below the instrumental level. If you rely on words more than sounds either do spoken word (which is not music) or write poetry. Because if lyrics are the one thing carrying your "music" career, you're a failure as a musician and should be left in the special corner with artists like Adele.
If you had musical talent, you wouldn't rely on words for what they say, you'd rely on how they sound.
Stop trying to treat music like literature.


Because it's stupid. Why sing something you don't understand?
I can't say I didn't do that, but I'm not a little kid anymore and I don't go around singing songs in different languages, unlike others.

I beg to differ. You don't just rely on words, but it helps. Poetry and words can be put beautifully in songs and by doing so you just made that music ten times better.
Adele and artists like her are amazing. They sing, they put emotion into, and I don't see Adele playing any instruments, but she must be pretty good to make it as far as she has. 
Music with lyrics doesn't sell. Does that make them bad? No. Does that put them 3 levels above music with lyrics? No. 
Stop treating music like it shouldn't have lyrics.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"Blind Faith" wrote:


Dude, you're making this harded than it needs to be. First of all, you're STILL wrong. I'll underline this so you understand. I respect others' opinions, but if they're gunna be wads, I couldn't care less what they think. In this case would be you.

Maybe my thoughts are childish because I am a child.


So people are wads just because they express their opinions in condescending ways you can't comprehend?

That's just double standards.

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

School of Heirs [ATJ | Limi... in School posted by AnnaOfExquizurd
School of Heirs [ATJ | Limi... in School posted by fandom-in-reverse
The person below me in Forum Games posted by aashilove
Ilvermorny: School of Witch... in School posted by fandom-in-reverse
The Wrong Answers Game! :3 ... in Forum Games posted by Mermaid_Author14
Throw anything at the user ... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
The Wrong Answers Game! :3 ... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
Demi-God High in School posted by Puppilover100
Throw anything at the user ... in Forum Games posted by Mermaid_Author14
Throw anything at the user ... in Forum Games posted by rainbowpoptart
The person below me in Forum Games posted by aashilove
Are you Innocent or Guilty? in Forum Games posted by 346popss
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Mermaid_Author14
Throw anything at the user ... in Forum Games posted by BlackWolfee
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by AnnaOfExquizurd
The Wrong Answers Game! :3 ... in Forum Games posted by BlackWolfee
abortion is murder in Politics and Current Events posted by coolderp11
Gay marriage: OK or not?? in Express Your Faith posted by coolderp11
riverdale roleplay in General Roleplays posted by jake495
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
How the Russians Interfered... in Current Events posted by jake495
School Shooting in New Features on KW posted by RedGem
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by resist_
What do you want for 2018 in Current Events posted by Abbergrl
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by Rach
What do you want for 2018 in Current Events posted by Rach
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by Jordan
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by TwiinSane91
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Abbergrl
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Abbergrl
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Abbergrl
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by rainbowpoptart
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by Mermaid_Author14
Happy birthday Nisha! (2/20) in Random posted by ValenciaRose
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by Abbergrl
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by Abbergrl
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by BabyMiracle83
Abbergrl's Birthday Thingyyyy~ in Poetry & Stories posted by AnnaOfExquizurd