Kw-halloween-logo-small

Music

Everything Music
Talk about music, lyrics, singers, writers and news! Who is the best and who is the worst? Let’s hear your input!

Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871 Lock
The Mighty Ra_2013871
StarStarStarStar

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.

So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
StarStarStarStarStar

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?

*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.

Jeffery and Darrel

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871
StarStarStarStar

"imp3rfect-porcelain" wrote:

Urm. No. I'd put it on the same level as "I'm singing these words and I have no idea what they mean"
I know I did. I done it again just there. But that's my opinion and I don't really understand why you're getting so worked up about it.

You can put emotion into your work without lyrics, but if you add in lyrics it takes it to a whole new level. You haven't failed as a musician if you use more words than sounds. It just shows you're a great writer with musical talent. Being able to play both the sounds and the lyrics together takes you to a new level in music. If you just happen to be better at one than the other that doesn't mean you've failed. 

Yay you.

How is singing words without knowing what they mean lowering the value of the work?
I bet in primary school you didn't have a clue what those hymns meant or were about, but you still sang them. Semantics, semantics.

That "whole new level" is about 3 levels below the instrumental level. If you rely on words more than sounds either do spoken word (which is not music) or write poetry. Because if lyrics are the one thing carrying your "music" career, you're a failure as a musician and should be left in the special corner with artists like Adele.
If you had musical talent, you wouldn't rely on words for what they say, you'd rely on how they sound.
Stop trying to treat music like literature.

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
StarStarStarStarStar
*Eats popcorn*
Mhm
*Sips coke*
Yep.

Jeffery and Darrel

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871
StarStarStarStar

"Blind Faith" wrote:

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.

So you care what they think, but only if they follow the Bambi teachings of philosophy?
You can't have productive discussion if the rules say "Nothing positive? Nothing said".

Your thoughts are childish, as are your ways.
If you don't like being told you're wrong, go somewhere else or become a creationist.

Posted By:
YumejiUsagi
YumejiUsagi
StarStarStarStarStar
I like Gangnam Style, but that's only because I listen to Korean music in the first place, not 'cause everyone else likes it. 

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
StarStarStarStar
There is a very successful Icelandic post-rock band called Sigur Ros, and in the songs with vocals, the lead singer sings in something called 'Hopelandic,' which is just gibberish, but it sounds good. The idea being that the lyrics act as another instrument, and the words don't have any pre-determined meanings, allowing each individual to interpret it. 

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
StarStarStarStarStar

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.

So you care what they think, but only if they follow the Bambi teachings of philosophy?
You can't have productive discussion if the rules say "Nothing positive? Nothing said".

Your thoughts are childish, as are your ways.
If you don't like being told you're wrong, go somewhere else or become a creationist.

Dude, you're making this harded than it needs to be. First of all, you're STILL wrong. I'll underline this so you understand. I respect others' opinions, but if they're gunna be wads, I couldn't care less what they think. In this case would be you.

Maybe my thoughts are childish because I am a child.

Jeffery and Darrel

Posted By:
imp3rfect-porcelain Lock
imp3rfect-porcelain
StarStarStarStar

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"imp3rfect-porcelain" wrote:

Urm. No. I'd put it on the same level as "I'm singing these words and I have no idea what they mean"
I know I did. I done it again just there. But that's my opinion and I don't really understand why you're getting so worked up about it.

You can put emotion into your work without lyrics, but if you add in lyrics it takes it to a whole new level. You haven't failed as a musician if you use more words than sounds. It just shows you're a great writer with musical talent. Being able to play both the sounds and the lyrics together takes you to a new level in music. If you just happen to be better at one than the other that doesn't mean you've failed. 

Yay you.
How is singing words without knowing what they mean lowering the value of the work?
I bet in primary school you didn't have a clue what those hymns meant or were about, but you still sang them. Semantics, semantics.

That "whole new level" is about 3 levels below the instrumental level. If you rely on words more than sounds either do spoken word (which is not music) or write poetry. Because if lyrics are the one thing carrying your "music" career, you're a failure as a musician and should be left in the special corner with artists like Adele.
If you had musical talent, you wouldn't rely on words for what they say, you'd rely on how they sound.
Stop trying to treat music like literature.

Because it's stupid. Why sing something you don't understand?
I can't say I didn't do that, but I'm not a little kid anymore and I don't go around singing songs in different languages, unlike others.

I beg to differ. You don't just rely on words, but it helps. Poetry and words can be put beautifully in songs and by doing so you just made that music ten times better.
Adele and artists like her are amazing. They sing, they put emotion into, and I don't see Adele playing any instruments, but she must be pretty good to make it as far as she has. 
Music with lyrics doesn't sell. Does that make them bad? No. Does that put them 3 levels above music with lyrics? No. 
Stop treating music like it shouldn't have lyrics.

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871
StarStarStarStar

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Dude, you're making this harded than it needs to be. First of all, you're STILL wrong. I'll underline this so you understand. I respect others' opinions, but if they're gunna be wads, I couldn't care less what they think. In this case would be you.

Maybe my thoughts are childish because I am a child.

So people are wads just because they express their opinions in condescending ways you can't comprehend?

That's just double standards.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

music is my life

Describe the profile pic above you

A message to all my (Indian) friends.

Describe the profile pic above you

latest videos