Kw-logo-holiday

Music

Everything Music
Talk about music, lyrics, singers, writers and news! Who is the best and who is the worst? Let’s hear your input!

Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871 Lock
The Mighty Ra_2013871
Member since:
January, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 230

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.

So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
Member since:
October, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2473

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?

*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.

Jeffery and Darrel


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871 Lock
The Mighty Ra_2013871
Member since:
January, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 230

"imp3rfect-porcelain" wrote:


Urm. No. I'd put it on the same level as "I'm singing these words and I have no idea what they mean"
I know I did. I done it again just there. But that's my opinion and I don't really understand why you're getting so worked up about it.

You can put emotion into your work without lyrics, but if you add in lyrics it takes it to a whole new level. You haven't failed as a musician if you use more words than sounds. It just shows you're a great writer with musical talent. Being able to play both the sounds and the lyrics together takes you to a new level in music. If you just happen to be better at one than the other that doesn't mean you've failed. 

Yay you.

How is singing words without knowing what they mean lowering the value of the work?
I bet in primary school you didn't have a clue what those hymns meant or were about, but you still sang them. Semantics, semantics.

That "whole new level" is about 3 levels below the instrumental level. If you rely on words more than sounds either do spoken word (which is not music) or write poetry. Because if lyrics are the one thing carrying your "music" career, you're a failure as a musician and should be left in the special corner with artists like Adele.
If you had musical talent, you wouldn't rely on words for what they say, you'd rely on how they sound.
Stop trying to treat music like literature.

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
Member since:
October, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2473
*Eats popcorn*
Mhm
*Sips coke*
Yep.

Jeffery and Darrel


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871 Lock
The Mighty Ra_2013871
Member since:
January, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 230

"Blind Faith" wrote:

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?
*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.


So you care what they think, but only if they follow the Bambi teachings of philosophy?
You can't have productive discussion if the rules say "Nothing positive? Nothing said".

Your thoughts are childish, as are your ways.
If you don't like being told you're wrong, go somewhere else or become a creationist.

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
YumejiUsagi
YumejiUsagi
Member since:
February, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2771
I like Gangnam Style, but that's only because I listen to Korean music in the first place, not 'cause everyone else likes it. 



Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
Member since:
November, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 440
There is a very successful Icelandic post-rock band called Sigur Ros, and in the songs with vocals, the lead singer sings in something called 'Hopelandic,' which is just gibberish, but it sounds good. The idea being that the lyrics act as another instrument, and the words don't have any pre-determined meanings, allowing each individual to interpret it. 



I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
Member since:
October, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2473

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"Blind Faith" wrote:

Because I want to.
So you want to create discussion, without actually "caring" for the discussion that isn't yours?
Don't you think that's incredibly narcissistic?
*Shakes head* Nope. I care about what other people think. I just don't care when they don't like what I think.

So you care what they think, but only if they follow the Bambi teachings of philosophy?
You can't have productive discussion if the rules say "Nothing positive? Nothing said".

Your thoughts are childish, as are your ways.
If you don't like being told you're wrong, go somewhere else or become a creationist.

Dude, you're making this harded than it needs to be. First of all, you're STILL wrong. I'll underline this so you understand. I respect others' opinions, but if they're gunna be wads, I couldn't care less what they think. In this case would be you.

Maybe my thoughts are childish because I am a child.

Jeffery and Darrel


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
imp3rfect-porcelain Lock
imp3rfect-porcelain
Member since:
November, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 214

"The Mighty Ra" wrote:

"imp3rfect-porcelain" wrote:


Urm. No. I'd put it on the same level as "I'm singing these words and I have no idea what they mean"
I know I did. I done it again just there. But that's my opinion and I don't really understand why you're getting so worked up about it.

You can put emotion into your work without lyrics, but if you add in lyrics it takes it to a whole new level. You haven't failed as a musician if you use more words than sounds. It just shows you're a great writer with musical talent. Being able to play both the sounds and the lyrics together takes you to a new level in music. If you just happen to be better at one than the other that doesn't mean you've failed. 

Yay you.
How is singing words without knowing what they mean lowering the value of the work?
I bet in primary school you didn't have a clue what those hymns meant or were about, but you still sang them. Semantics, semantics.

That "whole new level" is about 3 levels below the instrumental level. If you rely on words more than sounds either do spoken word (which is not music) or write poetry. Because if lyrics are the one thing carrying your "music" career, you're a failure as a musician and should be left in the special corner with artists like Adele.
If you had musical talent, you wouldn't rely on words for what they say, you'd rely on how they sound.
Stop trying to treat music like literature.


Because it's stupid. Why sing something you don't understand?
I can't say I didn't do that, but I'm not a little kid anymore and I don't go around singing songs in different languages, unlike others.

I beg to differ. You don't just rely on words, but it helps. Poetry and words can be put beautifully in songs and by doing so you just made that music ten times better.
Adele and artists like her are amazing. They sing, they put emotion into, and I don't see Adele playing any instruments, but she must be pretty good to make it as far as she has. 
Music with lyrics doesn't sell. Does that make them bad? No. Does that put them 3 levels above music with lyrics? No. 
Stop treating music like it shouldn't have lyrics.


Am I the only one who hates gangnam style??

Posted By:
The Mighty Ra_2013871 Lock
The Mighty Ra_2013871
Member since:
January, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 230

"Blind Faith" wrote:


Dude, you're making this harded than it needs to be. First of all, you're STILL wrong. I'll underline this so you understand. I respect others' opinions, but if they're gunna be wads, I couldn't care less what they think. In this case would be you.

Maybe my thoughts are childish because I am a child.


So people are wads just because they express their opinions in condescending ways you can't comprehend?

That's just double standards.

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain


play online games

Hour-of-code-tumb

Codey the troll is lost! Help him avoid obstacles and get back into the computer...

Candy-quest-feature

Your troll is lost! Help it avoid obstacles and get back into the computer.

Fo...

Dragon-dash

Your dragon must return to guard the treasure! Help it gather lost coins and avo...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properties to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be r...

1005_cc_kidz_100x100_vlh

Candy's got her candies into a terrible mess, can you help her to sort them out?

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

_thumb_100x100

Bloons 2 is here! A worthy and awesome sequel at last to our original Bloons gam...

Frostbox_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Where would you be if the internet didn't ...

Where would you be if the internet didn't ...

What Are You Listening To Right Now - 2014

Username Change-moved

Where would you be if the internet didn't ...

Username Change-moved

latest videos