Kw-halloween-logo-small

Sports

Everything Sports
Chat about your favorite team and get on track with the latest sports stars.

JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Member since:
February, 2007
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 24811
Ello Please post all the positions of rugby and the rules too and thank you in advance and how does the scoring work and Im confused about it. Thank you xD

___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy


hugebearkeep calm and hug ted


JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
-Ramones- Lock
-Ramones-
Member since:
September, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 12694
positions of rugby
The picture above will show the position of Rugby and where they needed to be. People would sometimes get confused between Rugby and American Football and describe Rugby as American Football without pads but that's not true. The main similarities between rugby and American football are that they’re both running games played with a ball that’s roughly the same shape and size. Picture above shows how Rugby pitch look like. The pitch is expected to be a grass field hundred metres long by metres wide. The sidelines are called touchlines and there are two in-goal areas which are expected to be ten to twenty metres deep with a tryline marking the front and a dead ball line at the back. The goal posts are located on the try line and are 5.6 metres apart with a crossbar set at three metres. The height of the posts varies.Other important lines on the pitch include the half way mark at fifty metres. A dashed ten metre line set each side of the the fifty metre line, which is used to judge kickoffs, and a solid twenty two yard line marked twenty two yard from each tryline. Other lines include two dashed lines set at five and fifteen metres marked parallel to each touchline that are used mostly to identify the zones for lineouts.
how does the scoring work
First way : The first is to ground the ball in the scoring area at the far end of the field/. Grounding the ball must be done with downward pressure and results in a "try", worth five points. Second way : Another way to score a point is to kick the ball through the goal post and over the crossbar. Points you get depends on when you do it. A goal scored after a try is worth two points while a goal scored from a penalty kick is worth three points.If a foul is committed by the opposing team during an attempt to score, the referee will award the points if the try or goal would otherwise have been scored.
The rules.
Playing The Game :

"Source" wrote:

The team currently with the ball (called ‘having possession’) moves the ball up the field toward his opponent’s goal line or to try for a dropped goal. These are the only two ways a team can score in ‘open play’. In moving the ball up the field, the team with possession meets with the defending team who wish to stop their opponent’s progress; or take control of the ball (A ‘turn over’)attack the other goalThis process is repeated until Someone violates the Laws of the game  – a foul; the ball moves off the field of play – into touch; or atry or goal is scored.
Ball Travel :

"Source" wrote:

The team in possession may choose to advance by kicking the ball forward. The ball may be passed from one player’s hand to another as long as the ball does not travel forwards in the pass. Rugby union is one of the few ball games where the ball cannot be passed forwards.
Offside :

"Source" wrote:

Any player who is part of the attacking team must be behind the ball to take an active part in the game. A player taking up a position between the ball carrier and the opposition goal is offside and may not join the game or interfere with play.
Tackling :

"Source" wrote:

The defending team who wants to take possession will tackle the ball carrier to stop him and make him release the ball. A tackle consists of grabbing hold of the opposing player and bringing them to ground. A tackled player must either pass or release the ball otherwise a foul is called. Releasing the ball allows the opposition to contest possession of the loose ball in open play. Play continues like this until a rule is broken or the ball goes out of play.
Line Out :

"Source" wrote:

If the ball goes into touch it is thrown back into play. This may be taken quickly from one player to a member of his own team. More usual is the ‘line-out‘; here, both teams line up in equal numbers, one metre apart and contest a ball thrown between them.
Restarts :

"Source" wrote:

If the game stops because a rule has been broken, play restarts with either. - a scrum, - free kick or - penalty kick The decision whether to award a Penalty Kick or a Free kick rests with the refereeing team and is dependent on the nature and severity of the infringement. A penalty is a more severe award than a free kick.
I use source because I got too tired to type and they are more accurate. Cool thread title.

JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
-Ramones- Lock
-Ramones-
Member since:
September, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 12694

"hugebear" wrote:

Ello Please post all the positions of rugby and the rules too and thank you in advance and how does the scoring work and Im confused about it. Thank you xD
I like the title.

JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
OnceForgotten
OnceForgotten
Member since:
January, 2007
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 2492
It's so complicated O.O

JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
nascarawesome
nascarawesome
Member since:
May, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 17217
lol'd at the title) Idk!

TIIITTTTAANNNSSSSSSSS.


JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
x Amazing Ally x
x Amazing Ally x
Member since:
June, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 39291
...and apparently JiMi knows heaps about rugby because it's in his blood. Heh. 

unicorns and rainbows. x3


JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
x Amazing Ally x
x Amazing Ally x
Member since:
June, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 39291
Rugby is awesome. I love watching it. xDD

unicorns and rainbows. x3


JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Member since:
February, 2007
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 24811

"-Ramones-" wrote:

positions of rugby
The picture above will show the position of Rugby and where they needed to be. People would sometimes get confused between Rugby and American Football and describe Rugby as American Football without pads but that's not true. The main similarities between rugby and American football are that they’re both running games played with a ball that’s roughly the same shape and size. Picture above shows how Rugby pitch look like. The pitch is expected to be a grass field hundred metres long by metres wide. The sidelines are called touchlines and there are two in-goal areas which are expected to be ten to twenty metres deep with a tryline marking the front and a dead ball line at the back. The goal posts are located on the try line and are 5.6 metres apart with a crossbar set at three metres. The height of the posts varies.Other important lines on the pitch include the half way mark at fifty metres. A dashed ten metre line set each side of the the fifty metre line, which is used to judge kickoffs, and a solid twenty two yard line marked twenty two yard from each tryline. Other lines include two dashed lines set at five and fifteen metres marked parallel to each touchline that are used mostly to identify the zones for lineouts.
how does the scoring work
First way : The first is to ground the ball in the scoring area at the far end of the field/. Grounding the ball must be done with downward pressure and results in a "try", worth five points. Second way : Another way to score a point is to kick the ball through the goal post and over the crossbar. Points you get depends on when you do it. A goal scored after a try is worth two points while a goal scored from a penalty kick is worth three points.If a foul is committed by the opposing team during an attempt to score, the referee will award the points if the try or goal would otherwise have been scored.
The rules.
Playing The Game :

"Source" wrote:

The team currently with the ball (called ‘having possession’) moves the ball up the field toward his opponent’s goal line or to try for a dropped goal. These are the only two ways a team can score in ‘open play’. In moving the ball up the field, the team with possession meets with the defending team who wish to stop their opponent’s progress; or take control of the ball (A ‘turn over’)attack the other goalThis process is repeated until Someone violates the Laws of the game  – a foul; the ball moves off the field of play – into touch; or atry or goal is scored.
Ball Travel :

"Source" wrote:

The team in possession may choose to advance by kicking the ball forward. The ball may be passed from one player’s hand to another as long as the ball does not travel forwards in the pass. Rugby union is one of the few ball games where the ball cannot be passed forwards.
Offside :

"Source" wrote:

Any player who is part of the attacking team must be behind the ball to take an active part in the game. A player taking up a position between the ball carrier and the opposition goal is offside and may not join the game or interfere with play.
Tackling :

"Source" wrote:

The defending team who wants to take possession will tackle the ball carrier to stop him and make him release the ball. A tackle consists of grabbing hold of the opposing player and bringing them to ground. A tackled player must either pass or release the ball otherwise a foul is called. Releasing the ball allows the opposition to contest possession of the loose ball in open play. Play continues like this until a rule is broken or the ball goes out of play.
Line Out :

"Source" wrote:

If the ball goes into touch it is thrown back into play. This may be taken quickly from one player to a member of his own team. More usual is the ‘line-out‘; here, both teams line up in equal numbers, one metre apart and contest a ball thrown between them.
Restarts :

"Source" wrote:

If the game stops because a rule has been broken, play restarts with either. - a scrum, - free kick or - penalty kick The decision whether to award a Penalty Kick or a Free kick rests with the refereeing team and is dependent on the nature and severity of the infringement. A penalty is a more severe award than a free kick.
I use source because I got too tired to type and they are more accurate. Cool thread title.
Thank you JiMi and this is awesome [reads it three times] Big Grin

___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy


hugebearkeep calm and hug ted


JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Member since:
February, 2007
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 24811
[waits for the comment before this one to get past the filter monster] xD Thank you for posting and for the advises and I JiMi knows loads about rugby cos we talked about it before Its complicated and I tried it last week and it was kind of enjoying but i didnt know many of the rules and i didnt want to ask Blush

___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy


hugebearkeep calm and hug ted


JiMi and Rugby Experts advise please

Posted By:
x Amazing Ally x
x Amazing Ally x
Member since:
June, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 39291

"hugebear" wrote:

[waits for the comment before this one to get past the filter monster] xD Thank you for posting and for the advises and I JiMi knows loads about rugby cos we talked about it before Its complicated and I tried it last week and it was kind of enjoying but i didnt know many of the rules and i didnt want to ask Blush
Awww[: Do you get it now? [JiMi proved that he loves rugby. x3]

unicorns and rainbows. x3


← Previous 1 3

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

We the Kidz

latest videos