x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

What if there was no religion?

← Previous 1 3
Posted By:
Starry Eyed
Starry Eyed
Member since:
October 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 588
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago
I am a Christian, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like without religion? I've been listening to that song "Imagine" and it really makes me think....


Tongue Tied!!


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago
There would be one less dividing factor between people. Of course, we'd still have war and fighting and everything, just not for the same reasons, and not quite as much. 

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 10847
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago
We wouldnt be here.


Posted By:
MNRKAgentSmithy_1603372 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MNRKAgentSmithy_1603372
Member since:
September 2010
Status:
Offline

Posts: 160
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago
If religion were non-existent, the world would be a much better place. People would not live in fear of fictional characters and would instead think rationally. Science would be far more advanced than it is, as the only thing holding scientists back many centuries ago was religion. Galileo, who proved that the Earth orbits the sun, was hated by the Catholic church and the pope did everything in his power to make sure people ignored Galileo and believe that he was a maniac, when in fact, as we now know, he was 100% correct. Religion is the biggest problem with society. It does nothing more than hold us back. I don't say this to be mean. I say this because it's an accurate statement.

Peace and love, man.


Posted By:
EnglandUKHetalia
EnglandUKHetalia
Member since:
February 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1119
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago

"MNRKAgentSmithy" wrote:

If religion were non-existent, the world would be a much better place. People would not live in fear of fictional characters and would instead think rationally. Science would be far more advanced than it is, as the only thing holding scientists back many centuries ago was religion. Galileo, who proved that the Earth orbits the sun, was hated by the Catholic church and the pope did everything in his power to make sure people ignored Galileo and believe that he was a maniac, when in fact, as we now know, he was 100% correct. Religion is the biggest problem with society. It does nothing more than hold us back. I don't say this to be mean. I say this because it's an accurate statement.


I agree~

Hello! I am Russia!

My favorite hobby is partitioning!

Sorry if I disappear from the thread! I have many things to do as a country!

But I would really like to be friends!


Posted By:
Storm1232
Storm1232
Member since:
November 2010
Status:
Offline

Posts: 16374
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago

"Starry Eyed" wrote:

I am a Christian, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like without religion? I've been listening to that song "Imagine" and it really makes me think....


I don't truly see that as possible, becasue a lot (not all but alot) of peopl just need something/one to believe in. Something they feel is greater than them, and gives them the hope to carry on. Without religion, people would see no reason to try, they'd see life as life and death, and when you die.. you're gone forever. With religion, it gives them something to look forward to, a way to feel like what they're doing today will benifit them years later.

I do not like bad grammar, and there is a high chance of me correcting you.

Yes Stormie-chan is back once again.
Kon'nichiwa, futatabi min'na!
(Hello Agin Everyone!)


Posted By:
zak514_1614303 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
zak514_1614303
Member since:
October 2010
Status:
Offline

Posts: 398
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago

"MNRKAgentSmithy" wrote:

If religion were non-existent, the world would be a much better place. People would not live in fear of fictional characters and would instead think rationally. Science would be far more advanced than it is, as the only thing holding scientists back many centuries ago was religion. Galileo, who proved that the Earth orbits the sun, was hated by the Catholic church and the pope did everything in his power to make sure people ignored Galileo and believe that he was a maniac, when in fact, as we now know, he was 100% correct. Religion is the biggest problem with society. It does nothing more than hold us back. I don't say this to be mean. I say this because it's an accurate statement.


I agree as well. smile

Posted By:
MNRKAgentSmithy_1603372 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MNRKAgentSmithy_1603372
Member since:
September 2010
Status:
Offline

Posts: 160
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago

"Storm1232" wrote:



"Starry Eyed" wrote:


I am a Christian, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like without religion? I've been listening to that song "Imagine" and it really makes me think....


I don't truly see that as possible, becasue a lot (not all but alot) of peopl just need something/one to believe in. Something they feel is greater than them, and gives them the hope to carry on. Without religion, people would see no reason to try, they'd see life as life and death, and when you die.. you're gone forever. With religion, it gives them something to look forward to, a way to feel like what they're doing today will benifit them years later.



I strongly disagree. I don't believe in any sort of higher power whatsoever but I still strive for everything I can. I have aspirations. I have ambition. I have goals. Why? Because I believe in myself, and at the end of the day, I am the highest power in my life. I control everything I do. 

As for your point about mortality, that only makes me want to work even harder, so I can accomplish as much as I can in the one life I have. I acknowledge that death is merely the end, and that does not bother me in any way, shape, or form. All things must come to an end. It's a simple fact, and being able to understand the concept from a young age allows one to come to terms with it and take control to be the best person they can while they can.

Lastly, while Christians, Muslims, and people of all other religions do good simply to gain entrance into heaven or whatever it is they're promised at the end of this life, we secularists do good things with much different intentions. Intentions that actually help the world more than our own selves. Like me for example. I want to become a computer scientist so that I can contribute to the advancement of technology for future generations. I also want to help humans get into space and explore new galaxies, as we've seen pretty much all there is to see on this planet and it's time we find out what's out there in this vast, unexplored universe of ours.

TL;DR: Your points are all moot.

Peace and love, man.


Posted By:
Storm1232
Storm1232
Member since:
November 2010
Status:
Offline

Posts: 16374
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago

"MNRKAgentSmithy" wrote:



"Storm1232" wrote:






"Starry Eyed" wrote:




I am a Christian, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like without religion? I've been listening to that song "Imagine" and it really makes me think....


I don't truly see that as possible, becasue a lot (not all but alot) of peopl just need something/one to believe in. Something they feel is greater than them, and gives them the hope to carry on. Without religion, people would see no reason to try, they'd see life as life and death, and when you die.. you're gone forever. With religion, it gives them something to look forward to, a way to feel like what they're doing today will benifit them years later.
 


I strongly disagree. I don't believe in any sort of higher power whatsoever but I still strive for everything I can. I have aspirations. I have ambition. I have goals. Why? Because I believe in myself, and at the end of the day, I am the highest power in my life. I control everything I do. 

As for your point about mortality, that only makes me want to work even harder, so I can accomplish as much as I can in the one life I have. I acknowledge that death is merely the end, and that does not bother me in any way, shape, or form. All things must come to an end. It's a simple fact, and being able to understand the concept from a young age allows one to come to terms with it and take control to be the best person they can while they can.

Lastly, while Christians, Muslims, and people of all other religions do good simply to gain entrance into heaven or whatever it is they're promised at the end of this life, we secularists do good things with much different intentions. Intentions that actually help the world more than our own selves. Like me for example. I want to become a computer scientist so that I can contribute to the advancement of technology for future generations. I also want to help humans get into space and explore new galaxies, as we've seen pretty much all there is to see on this planet and it's time we find out what's out there in this vast, unexplored universe of ours.

TL;DR: Your points are all moot.



I read the first sentence, and from that I see that you comepletely misread from the begining.. I said MOST people, I didn't say 'EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD'.. 

Good for you that you strive to achieve your best, no one said you shouldn't. BTW. I'm Christian. But, I don't do good thing "simply to gain entrance into heaven"  I like the feeling and thought of helping others in the world same as you. But instead of technology, I belive in exploration of the mind.. Attempting to see why we only use 10% and trying to achieve the possiblility of someday making it so we use more.

I do not like bad grammar, and there is a high chance of me correcting you.

Yes Stormie-chan is back once again.
Kon'nichiwa, futatabi min'na!
(Hello Agin Everyone!)


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted about 4 years ago

"Storm1232" wrote:



"MNRKAgentSmithy" wrote:






"Storm1232" wrote:









"Starry Eyed" wrote:






I am a Christian, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like without religion? I've been listening to that song "Imagine" and it really makes me think....


I don't truly see that as possible, becasue a lot (not all but alot) of peopl just need something/one to believe in. Something they feel is greater than them, and gives them the hope to carry on. Without religion, people would see no reason to try, they'd see life as life and death, and when you die.. you're gone forever. With religion, it gives them something to look forward to, a way to feel like what they're doing today will benifit them years later.
 


I strongly disagree. I don't believe in any sort of higher power whatsoever but I still strive for everything I can. I have aspirations. I have ambition. I have goals. Why? Because I believe in myself, and at the end of the day, I am the highest power in my life. I control everything I do. 

As for your point about mortality, that only makes me want to work even harder, so I can accomplish as much as I can in the one life I have. I acknowledge that death is merely the end, and that does not bother me in any way, shape, or form. All things must come to an end. It's a simple fact, and being able to understand the concept from a young age allows one to come to terms with it and take control to be the best person they can while they can.

Lastly, while Christians, Muslims, and people of all other religions do good simply to gain entrance into heaven or whatever it is they're promised at the end of this life, we secularists do good things with much different intentions. Intentions that actually help the world more than our own selves. Like me for example. I want to become a computer scientist so that I can contribute to the advancement of technology for future generations. I also want to help humans get into space and explore new galaxies, as we've seen pretty much all there is to see on this planet and it's time we find out what's out there in this vast, unexplored universe of ours.

TL;DR: Your points are all moot.



I read the first sentence, and from that I see that you comepletely misread from the begining.. I said MOST people, I didn't say 'EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD'.. 

Good for you that you strive to achieve your best, no one said you shouldn't. BTW. I'm Christian. But, I don't do good thing "simply to gain entrance into heaven"  I like the feeling and thought of helping others in the world same as you. But instead of technology, I belive in exploration of the mind.. Attempting to see why we only use 10% and trying to achieve the possiblility of someday making it so we use more.

"Storm1232" wrote:



"MNRKAgentSmithy" wrote:






"Storm1232" wrote:









"Starry Eyed" wrote:






I am a Christian, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like without religion? I've been listening to that song "Imagine" and it really makes me think....


I don't truly see that as possible, becasue a lot (not all but alot) of peopl just need something/one to believe in. Something they feel is greater than them, and gives them the hope to carry on. Without religion, people would see no reason to try, they'd see life as life and death, and when you die.. you're gone forever. With religion, it gives them something to look forward to, a way to feel like what they're doing today will benifit them years later.
 


I strongly disagree. I don't believe in any sort of higher power whatsoever but I still strive for everything I can. I have aspirations. I have ambition. I have goals. Why? Because I believe in myself, and at the end of the day, I am the highest power in my life. I control everything I do. 

As for your point about mortality, that only makes me want to work even harder, so I can accomplish as much as I can in the one life I have. I acknowledge that death is merely the end, and that does not bother me in any way, shape, or form. All things must come to an end. It's a simple fact, and being able to understand the concept from a young age allows one to come to terms with it and take control to be the best person they can while they can.

Lastly, while Christians, Muslims, and people of all other religions do good simply to gain entrance into heaven or whatever it is they're promised at the end of this life, we secularists do good things with much different intentions. Intentions that actually help the world more than our own selves. Like me for example. I want to become a computer scientist so that I can contribute to the advancement of technology for future generations. I also want to help humans get into space and explore new galaxies, as we've seen pretty much all there is to see on this planet and it's time we find out what's out there in this vast, unexplored universe of ours.

TL;DR: Your points are all moot.



I read the first sentence, and from that I see that you comepletely misread from the begining.. I said MOST people, I didn't say 'EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WORLD'.. 

Good for you that you strive to achieve your best, no one said you shouldn't. BTW. I'm Christian. But, I don't do good thing "simply to gain entrance into heaven"  I like the feeling and thought of helping others in the world same as you. But instead of technology, I belive in exploration of the mind.. Attempting to see why we only use 10% and trying to achieve the possiblility of someday making it so we use more.



The 10% of the brain thing is a myth. Practically every part of your brain has some function. 

← Previous 1 3

Latest Forum Posts

Ask a gay Christian

Ask a gay Christian

Ask a gay Christian

Ask a gay Christian

Ask a gay Christian

Ask a gay Christian

Ask a gay Christian

Riddles

Sensitivity :( girls only

Ask a gay Christian

Latest Videos

Play Online Games