Back left
Back right

Why do you think people are against gays?

Celebs cartoon
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 571

But in all honestly Zack, it depends on the person...just as some people are born with a short temper, which is a health condition..its what they do with that anger when they are angered that sin takes effect, since acting of anger in certain forms is a sin. Just as homosexuality..if you act out upon that then and you cannot help it then it is a sin, that is when you have to resist temptation.and everyone has temptation, jsut homosexuality is a different form..now for those who truly can help it, where it isnt really that big of an issue, it is their responsibility to take up the cross and with God in prayer and in mind try and come of it completely. And entire books have been written on it so it is possible to change.


Acting out in anger is considered a sin if it's directly impeding upon other people's happiness in some way, i.e. beating them, murder, etc. Two people in love and getting married does not impede upon other people's happiness unless they want it to. 

It's not possible to change your biology, unfortunately. If someone's body tells them that they're only attracted to people of the same gender, that cannot change, you can only bury it, but it'll always be there. It's not like being born with a medical condition that can be treated by surgery or anything like that. It's deep in your genes and unchangeable, as far as we know. 

Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"-Zachary-" wrote:


But in all honestly Zack, it depends on the person...just as some people are born with a short temper, which is a health condition..its what they do with that anger when they are angered that sin takes effect, since acting of anger in certain forms is a sin. Just as homosexuality..if you act out upon that then and you cannot help it then it is a sin, that is when you have to resist temptation.and everyone has temptation, jsut homosexuality is a different form..now for those who truly can help it, where it isnt really that big of an issue, it is their responsibility to take up the cross and with God in prayer and in mind try and come of it completely. And entire books have been written on it so it is possible to change.


Acting out in anger is considered a sin if it's directly impeding upon other people's happiness in some way, i.e. beating them, murder, etc. Two people in love and getting married does not impede upon other people's happiness unless they want it to. 

It's not possible to change your biology, unfortunately. If someone's body tells them that they're only attracted to people of the same gender, that cannot change, you can only bury it, but it'll always be there. It's not like being born with a medical condition that can be treated by surgery or anything like that. It's deep in your genes and unchangeable, as far as we know. 



Anger is a sin if you do anything that the Bible says is wrng..and refer to Leviticus of what i meant about the sin. part.


Exctly, just as people with Special Needs will never truly not have them, but its thier responsibility to not give up, not quit, and try and bury it.  


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 7276

You're always incorrect on this point. You think it, but it's not reality. Some people just will what they wish and expect others to conform. But thankfully biologically its not possible.

Potato

I Support Equal Rights  


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 571



Exctly, just as people with Special Needs will never truly not have them, but its thier responsibility to not give up, not quit, and try and bury it.  


All in the name of homogenization in accordance with the Bible, real nice. 

People with special needs and gays don't harm other people with their practices, they shouldn't have to conform to the ideals of what is 'right'' (which you're getting from the Bible).

Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
Im not....


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
In other words, the Bible apparently supports not being who you are, and instead hiding away the things that make you different.

That sounds lovely.

Adieu.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"-Allie-" wrote:

You're always incorrect on this point. You think it, but it's not reality. Some people just will what they wish and expect others to conform. But thankfully biologically its not possible.



Okay, assuming that i'm the one with the whole arguement, and the fact that you never refer to me by my username im guessing  that was refered to me...well Allie I can understand that you might not get it at the moment..see thing is thats why i refer it to be a special need or 'phycological issue'. Sure its in the genes, recurring patterns might even increase the numbers...but everything happens for a reason, just like i have genes that make me, i guess you could say, difeccent...but that does not mean i should use that to a bad advantage such as willing people to do things for me or use it as a 'firewall'....you see the problem, its there for a reason, you deal with it. That ties into sin and God a whole lot more than you can imagine.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 571

"AlphaT" wrote:



"-Allie-" wrote:


You're always incorrect on this point. You think it, but it's not reality. Some people just will what they wish and expect others to conform. But thankfully biologically its not possible.



Okay, assuming that i'm the one with the whole arguement, and the fact that you never refer to me by my username im guessing  that was refered to me...well Allie I can understand that you might not get it at the moment..see thing is thats why i refer it to be a special need or 'phycological issue'. Sure its in the genes, recurring patterns might even increase the numbers...but everything happens for a reason, just like i have genes that make me, i guess you could say, difeccent...but that does not mean i should use that to a bad advantage such as willing people to do things for me or use it as a 'firewall'....you see the problem, its there for a reason, you deal with it. That ties into sin and God a whole lot more than you can imagine.


Everything happens for a reason? I'd love to know why millions of people (especially children) die for silly reasons that could be effortlessly remedied by an omnipotent God. Adding to this, I'd like to know why people get cancerous growths all over their body that slowly eat away at them until they die. Even further, why does an omnipotent God not intervene when his subjects are killing each other over petty things like land and money, or someone breaking into my house and stabbing me because he's addicted to some form of narcotic.

Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"-Zachary-" wrote:




Exctly, just as people with Special Needs will never truly not have them, but its thier responsibility to not give up, not quit, and try and bury it.  


All in the name of homogenization in accordance with the Bible, real nice. 

People with special needs and gays don't harm other people with their practices, they shouldn't have to conform to the ideals of what is 'right'' (which you're getting from the Bible).



Im assuming the first sentence was sarcastic.

Wow...and yeah your right this is where it gets tricky and almost impossible to understand without being a Christian or willing to be a Christian...I'm going to try and explain it best i can.


And really it all comes down to this one fact: The Bible is an infallible, non dependent, divinely inspired book. This is ture, therefore what it says is true. So i guess you could say  it is fair to go with the Bible. I mean its like saying "This man should not have to submit to the law and not murder, when it is in his nature to do things without thinking if he gets angry". Thats the point that were at in the debate.


(Now, you might sy that murder has an impact on socieity and homosexuality does not, but im taking it from the perspective that both are sin ((pending)) and all sin is equal.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 571

Don't really need to say anything other than

And really it all comes down to this one fact: The Bible is an infallible, non dependent, divinely inspired book.


The Bible is not fact. Many of the things in it are not capable of being reproduced and tested (such as the miracles). There is no evidence for Adam and Eve having existed, no Garden, no evidence for a flood, an Ark that carried a whooooole lot of animals, etc. 

Mutual caring relationships require kindness and patience, tolerance, optimism, joy in the other's achievements, confidence in oneself, and the ability to give without undue thought of gain.


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity