Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7
Posted almost 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

We could just as well debate if Harry Potter is a factual recount of the events that took place in an interdimensional castle called Hogwarts, because both are books written by men.

The only difference is that the author of the other one admits it is fiction.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Posted By:

Thumb

"Kerpele" wrote:

We could just as well debate if Harry Potter is a factual recount of the events that took place in an interdimensional castle called Hogwarts, because both are books written by men.

The only difference is that the author of the other one admits it is fiction.

Ah, typical...compare a book of Scientific prophecy, as well as Historical accounts and even more over a book that has divinely inspired one third of the planet...present day.

Difference is, HP can be proven fiction, The Bible is just too logical not to believe.  

Posted By:

Thumb

"AlphaT" wrote:

Difference is, HP can be proven fiction, The Bible is just too logical not to believe.

Yes, because suggesting a ship large enough to house two of each species on the planet is logical.

I think I have done this before, but let us do a little thought exercise.

If the average animal takes about 10 feet by 5 feet of space on the ship, we need to multiply that by the amount of known species, which at this point in time is approximately 8.7 million different species.

But let's be generous and assume that only 8 million species existed back then. That will also give us an even number that is easier to work with.

Now, as mentioned above, the average animal would take about 15 feet of space in total. Multiply that by 8 million and we arrive to a humble ###,###,## ####. To keep matters simple, let us assume that the ark was about 30 feet high throughout, leaving the ship to be ###,###,### #### long.

This translates to a whopping 22726 miles. Just to help you grasp how enormous the ship would have been, the circumference of the earth at the equator is a little shy of 25000 miles.

This means that the "logical" Ark would have almost encircled the entire planet.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Posted By:

Thumb

"Kerpele" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

Yes, because suggesting a ship large enough to house two of each species on the planet is logical.

I think I have done this before, but let us do a little thought exercise.

If the average animal takes about 10 feet by 5 feet of space on the ship, we need to multiply that by the amount of known species, which at this point in time is approximately 8.7 million different species.

But let's be generous and assume that only 8 million species existed back then. That will also give us an even number that is easier to work with.

Now, as mentioned above, the average animal would take about 15 feet of space in total. Multiply that by 8 million and we arrive to a humble ###,###,## ####. To keep matters simple, let us assume that the ark was about 30 feet high throughout, leaving the ship to be ###,###,### #### long.

This translates to a whopping 22726 miles. Just to help you grasp how enormous the ship would have been, the circumference of the earth at the equator is a little shy of 25000 miles.

This means that the "logical" Ark would have almost encircled the entire planet.

I'll give you credit. You can write alot based on one sentence..but et me examine what you wrote first. I'll list my responce by numbers, which responds to each paragraph you made.

1. When you think of the dimensions, time, and understand what the animals were and how they got on there, it is common logic.  

2. I explained this to Zach, as well as alot of other people. The way the Bible words it...it seems that God doesent say "take two of every species and put them on an Ark." God gives classifications for which types or animals and types of pairs that should go on the Ark. Kind of like scientific classifictations for animals, liek how some animals are grouped into pairs because they can interbreed or they have the same skull or bone structure or something like that? And we dont auctauly know when the flood occured so it could have been thousands of years in between Noah and his decendents because remember Moses wrote Genesis, not Noah.

So, to sum it up...Animals adapt. Its a known fact, God made us so we could thrive in the vast planet which he created for us.  Givng the correct time of the flood, the animals could very well have adapted to their new found habitats..because remember the grand scheme of the whole story is that there was a worldwide flood destroying the entire earth, thus the earth had to have changed..so prior to that we would not have the same kinds of animals before The Flood. However this does not condesend into evolution. Since they are not naturaly selected and it does not have to do with survival as well as population.

If you want to get even more techinal the Ark was measured to be 300x50x30 cubits. And though the numbers are too much for the filter to carry, it is enough for 'babies' of each pair of animal to be caged on the Ark, with around the space of 99 railroad box cars for Noah and his family, as well as food supply and free up space for the animals.

Posted By:

Thumb

Even if we assume such a ship was built and it only housed the genus of each species and not every sub-species, the ship would have been so large still that there would have been a substantial amount of wood wreckage left. And there would have been wood left, as it takes a much longer time to decompose than most other materials, especially if it has been treated in some way as it presumably was, having been made into a sailworthy ship.

Take the supposed evidence for the "Ark" that was found in the mountain range near Uzengili. The imprint there is not nearly big enough for even just mammals to be placed inside and only very small quantities of wood was found at the site, and all of it was laminated which would indicate it is from a later time period.

Posted By:

Thumb

"Kerpele" wrote:

Even if we assume such a ship was built and it only housed the genus of each species and not every sub-species, the ship would have been so large still that there would have been a substantial amount of wood wreckage left. And there would have been wood left, as it takes a much longer time to decompose than most other materials, especially if it has been treated in some way as it presumably was, having been made into a sailworthy ship.

Take the supposed evidence for the "Ark" that was found in the mountain range near Uzengili. The imprint there is not nearly big enough for even just mammals to be placed inside and only very small quantities of wood was found at the site, and all of it was laminated which would indicate it is from a later time period.

The Bible lists the types of animals to bring as pairs of clean and unclean. So they were most likely on the Ark.

Uzengili was a myth, btw. Because we still havent found the original Mt. Ararat, well you know not reconized as Mt. Ararat.  And Kerpele...no one knows what type of wood the Ark was made out of...just the Bible refrences it as gopher wood. And so many big time scholars say it means smoothed wood, Cypress, reed, Ceadr even. No one knows, so depending on the wood..it could have very well only left some peices left. or it could have been recycled to make huts or fires or whatever since the earth was just destroyed. Sure, its all a hypothesis..but theres nothing that can be thrown at it where i would have to chnage the whole idea, so its a good start to something i came up with 3 days ago.

Posted By:

Thumb

The idea of the global flood of Noah's Ark is a complete joke. There is no archaeological evidence, and the gap that you would expect in the development of technologies or record keeping isn't there. It's laughable at best to suggest that a flood wiped these civilizations out, and a few years later they were back and running at the exact same level they had been previously after the world was reduced to a population of 8. 

However, the idea of a local flood that ended up making its way into religious texts is plausible. 

Posted By:

Thumb

"AlphaT" wrote:

The Bible is just too logical not to believe.  

And then you get to the talking snakes. 

Posted By:

Thumb

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

The Bible is just too logical not to believe.  

And then you get to the talking snakes. 

Wow, how erm...Original.  

Yeah well go back and check your facts. He wasnt a snake up until he tempted eve.

Posted By:

Thumb

"AlphaT" wrote:

Wow, how erm...Original.  

Yeah well go back and check your facts. He wasnt a snake up until he tempted eve.

How does that remove the fact that Satan took the form of a snake and talked in that form, thus being a talking snake for the time being?

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

What do you think i am?(hon... in Say Anything posted by TXSL9
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
What do you think i am?(hon... in Say Anything posted by ImagineOrdinary
Let's count to 1 Million! in Forum Games posted by baceking
First Period Storys. (Girls... in Girls Only posted by WinxFanBloomKia231AP
Let's count to 1 Million! in Forum Games posted by bacequeen
Favourite Gaming YouTube Ch... in Forum Games posted by tiffanygamer123
Rate the YouTube channel ab... in Forum Games posted by tiffanygamer123
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf