Back left
Back right

Should Christians read Harry Potter?

Celebs cartoon
Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 1

why not i mean it's obviously their type of book

ps my English is not perfect I'm from Europe


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
Some people think no, because of all the witchcraft and such. But if you look past that, you see Christian themes and values, such as self-sacrifice, friendship, etc. So yes, it should be fine. Only if said Christian reader begins meddling in the occult and such should they not read it, if it's affecting them negatively like that.






Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock

"AlphaT" wrote:

As long as it does not effect what you believe, I don't see why not.






Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 123

Anyone can read Harry Potter. It's a freaking fantasy book. 

"Everyone makes mistakes. That's why pencils have erasers."
"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car can go straight upwards."~ A British Astronomer


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
I don't see an issue with it. They're just imaginary stories, not something to live by.

Banner


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
It's the person's choice. If they don't want to read it, then they don't have to read it. No one should really be forced to read something if they don't want to read it.




"You know what you are? Selfish. I've done nothing but sacrifice to get us here, and what have you sacrificed? Nothing. Zero. All you've done is boss me around - well now who's the boss? Who's the boss? It's me."



Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 5

im a Christian and i was watching this religious programme on tv that was saying before you watch anything ask yourself if you would want to invite the story and the people in the movie in your life or house........so when u watch those twilight or read them its as if u want to invite them......i dont think its a good idea to read or watch them.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"AshleyisadorableDC" wrote:

It's the person's choice. If they don't want to read it, then they don't have to read it. No one should really be forced to read something if they don't want to read it.


Exactly, but the thing is, some parents force the children who WANT to read it, not to. They take the books/movies and hide them/throw them away. 

Dumbledore.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"zonkela" wrote:

im a Christian and i was watching this religious programme on tv that was saying before you watch anything ask yourself if you would want to invite the story and the people in the movie in your life or house........so when u watch those twilight or read them its as if u want to invite them......i dont think its a good idea to read or watch them.


What type of books DO you read? 

Dumbledore.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"MustbeaWeasley" wrote:



"AshleyisadorableDC" wrote:


It's the person's choice. If they don't want to read it, then they don't have to read it. No one should really be forced to read something if they don't want to read it.


Exactly, but the thing is, some parents force the children who WANT to read it, not to. They take the books/movies and hide them/throw them away. 
What about going to the library, though? Reading them in school? Reading them at a friend's house? Watching the movie at your friend's house? There's always a way to read a book or watch a movie without having your parents finding out.




"You know what you are? Selfish. I've done nothing but sacrifice to get us here, and what have you sacrificed? Nothing. Zero. All you've done is boss me around - well now who's the boss? Who's the boss? It's me."



News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity