×
Back left
Back right

Should Christians read Harry Potter?

Celebs cartoon
Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Um....i do and i'm Christian....as long as you don't believe in stuff like that, which, why would you? O.O

Riolet, Miros, and Jaziel are OTP.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Are you guys serious?
You're debating over whether or not people of a certain religion should read a fantasy novel?
I've read the bible, and I'm pretty sure that the 11th commandment isn't, "THOU SHALT NOT READ HARRY POTTER!"  

Come on guys, we're better than this.

It's not witchcraft, it's not evil, and it's not going to send you to Hell.

And if it does, hey, you've got several million people joining you for the same reason.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Vertigo" wrote:

Are you guys serious?

You're debating over whether or not people of a certain religion should read a fantasy novel?

I've read the bible, and I'm pretty sure that the 11th commandment isn't, "THOU SHALT NOT READ HARRY POTTER!"  


Come on guys, we're better than this.


It's not witchcraft, it's not evil, and it's not going to send you to Hell.


And if it does, hey, you've got several million people joining you for the same reason.
I agree.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Vertigo" wrote:

Are you guys serious?

You're debating over whether or not people of a certain religion should read a fantasy novel?

I've read the bible, and I'm pretty sure that the 11th commandment isn't, "THOU SHALT NOT READ HARRY POTTER!"  


Come on guys, we're better than this.


It's not witchcraft, it's not evil, and it's not going to send you to Hell.


And if it does, hey, you've got several million people joining you for the same reason.


Actually, many people wanted to ban Harry Potter because they believe it's promoting Witchcraft.

Dumbledore.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 5

we are just writing our opinions..........and i know that the bible does not directly say u should not read harry potter, but if u read it carefully through the new and old testament u will understand what it really says on those type of thngs like twilight and harry potter...u will notice tht it indirectly says u should not read or watch them...


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"zonkela" wrote:

we are just writing our opinions..........and i know that the bible does not directly say u should not read harry potter, but if u read it carefully through the new and old testament u will understand what it really says on those type of thngs like twilight and harry potter...u will notice tht it indirectly says u should not read or watch them...


I seem to also remember old testament god flooding the world because nobody prayed to him.
So, there's your old testament logic.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 70

no nor the movie's as its whitches and stuff which against us Christian.

Don't mess with the Best cause' the best don't mess.

God = real = hero
Mine and God's relationship: God my father and bestest friend.

Profile:
Name DiamBars
Nick name Diam
Age 12


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"DiamBars" wrote:

no nor the movie's as its whitches and stuff which against us Christian.



Did you watch The Lion King?
Did you watch Toy Story?
Did you watch Cars?

The Catholic/Christian religions are very against talking animals/inanimate objects.
They feel that it takes the gift of like and degrades it.

So a lot of stuff that isn't harmful is against your faith.


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 70

"Vertigo" wrote:



"DiamBars" wrote:


no nor the movie's as its whitches and stuff which against us Christian.



Did you watch The Lion King?
Did you watch Toy Story?
Did you watch Cars?

The Catholic/Christian religions are very against talking animals/inanimate objects.
They feel that it takes the gift of like and degrades it.

So a lot of stuff that isn't harmful is against your faith.


ive watched Narnia - yes that as a witch, but in this film the  whitch represents satan and Aslan as Jesus. in the end Aslan defeats death and the witch, like the Easter story. 
But stuff like harry potter is a whole different content and just showing witch craft and demons.

Don't mess with the Best cause' the best don't mess.

God = real = hero
Mine and God's relationship: God my father and bestest friend.

Profile:
Name DiamBars
Nick name Diam
Age 12


Posted about 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"DiamBars" wrote:

ive watched Narnia - yes that as a witch, but in this film the  whitch represents satan and Aslan as Jesus. in the end Aslan defeats death and the witch, like the Easter story. 

But stuff like harry potter is a whole different content and just showing witch craft and demons.


Voldemort = Devil
Harry Potter = Jesus
Harry Potter defeating Voldemort = Bible win


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity