x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Is there any reason not to believe in God?

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:


I don't see it as proof. I see it as just another religious text. I don't think there's any reason to believe it's special or particularly true. It was written by humans, and coincidentally reflects the views of people at the time. I don't think there's any reason to believe it was divinely inspired. 
I see it as proof, and while of course it reflects people of that time, it being from their time. It was written by men, but their words were from God himself. Consider the fact that there is not one verse that contradicts any other verse and no verse has ever be proven to not happen considering prophecy, and that no verse has ever been invalid from a scientific standpoint.


1 Kings 7:23 is flat out wrong. 

I hear from some Muslims about the Quran, and how the Quran is written in this completely unique literary style unlike any other in Arabic. So unique, that it challenges people to attempt to write a chapter in a similar form, and nobody can do it. They claim that this is proof that it must be authored by God. 

I say that to say, many people of all different religions think their holy book is unique and indescribable and unexplainable without their god. Why is yours any different from the others who claim their book to be something divinely inspired? 

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 10965
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:




I don't see it as proof. I see it as just another religious text. I don't think there's any reason to believe it's special or particularly true. It was written by humans, and coincidentally reflects the views of people at the time. I don't think there's any reason to believe it was divinely inspired. 
I see it as proof, and while of course it reflects people of that time, it being from their time. It was written by men, but their words were from God himself. Consider the fact that there is not one verse that contradicts any other verse and no verse has ever be proven to not happen considering prophecy, and that no verse has ever been invalid from a scientific standpoint.


1 Kings 7:23 is flat out wrong. 

I hear from some Muslims about the Quran, and how the Quran is written in this completely unique literary style unlike any other in Arabic. So unique, that it challenges people to attempt to write a chapter in a similar form, and nobody can do it. They claim that this is proof that it must be authored by God. 

I say that to say, many people of all different religions think their holy book is unique and indescribable and unexplainable without their god. Why is yours any different from the others who claim their book to be something divinely inspired? 
Rounding was used. If it was not used, the author would still be writing today. People in that day would give a respective number to judge their numbers. If The Bible were to be as mathematic as you would want, you would have, just for 2 Kings 7, over 146 Billion pages more in The Bible and still counting to this day.

Why is mine? Well, you could indeed write a chapter like that of the Bible or the Quran. However, going back many millennia ago, you cannot explain how these people were able to write such a book without contradiction.















Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:






"AlphaT" wrote:









"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:






I don't see it as proof. I see it as just another religious text. I don't think there's any reason to believe it's special or particularly true. It was written by humans, and coincidentally reflects the views of people at the time. I don't think there's any reason to believe it was divinely inspired. 
I see it as proof, and while of course it reflects people of that time, it being from their time. It was written by men, but their words were from God himself. Consider the fact that there is not one verse that contradicts any other verse and no verse has ever be proven to not happen considering prophecy, and that no verse has ever been invalid from a scientific standpoint.


1 Kings 7:23 is flat out wrong. 

I hear from some Muslims about the Quran, and how the Quran is written in this completely unique literary style unlike any other in Arabic. So unique, that it challenges people to attempt to write a chapter in a similar form, and nobody can do it. They claim that this is proof that it must be authored by God. 

I say that to say, many people of all different religions think their holy book is unique and indescribable and unexplainable without their god. Why is yours any different from the others who claim their book to be something divinely inspired? 
Rounding was used. If it was not used, the author would still be writing today. People in that day would give a respective number to judge their numbers. If The Bible were to be as mathematic as you would want, you would have, just for 2 Kings 7, over 146 Billion pages more in The Bible and still counting to this day.

Why is mine? Well, you could indeed write a chapter like that of the Bible or the Quran. However, going back many millennia ago, you cannot explain how these people were able to write such a book without contradiction.
















I don't think God would have rounded. It means either man changed it, and that means the entire bible could have been changed by man, or that God rounded. I just don't feel like the divinely inspired writ of God would round it. I'm not asking for the whole sequence of pi, but I think it could have been an opportunity to drop some knowledge on early man, if God just told them about pi. I feel like there are a lot of useful things God could have told us in the bible, that he didn't. Instead, he tells us not to eat pigs. 

As far as I'm aware, there are numerous contradictions between modern science and the bible. Primarily regarding the origin of life and Earth. 

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 10965
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:









"AlphaT" wrote:












"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:








I don't see it as proof. I see it as just another religious text. I don't think there's any reason to believe it's special or particularly true. It was written by humans, and coincidentally reflects the views of people at the time. I don't think there's any reason to believe it was divinely inspired. 
I see it as proof, and while of course it reflects people of that time, it being from their time. It was written by men, but their words were from God himself. Consider the fact that there is not one verse that contradicts any other verse and no verse has ever be proven to not happen considering prophecy, and that no verse has ever been invalid from a scientific standpoint.


1 Kings 7:23 is flat out wrong. 

I hear from some Muslims about the Quran, and how the Quran is written in this completely unique literary style unlike any other in Arabic. So unique, that it challenges people to attempt to write a chapter in a similar form, and nobody can do it. They claim that this is proof that it must be authored by God. 

I say that to say, many people of all different religions think their holy book is unique and indescribable and unexplainable without their god. Why is yours any different from the others who claim their book to be something divinely inspired? 
Rounding was used. If it was not used, the author would still be writing today. People in that day would give a respective number to judge their numbers. If The Bible were to be as mathematic as you would want, you would have, just for 2 Kings 7, over 146 Billion pages more in The Bible and still counting to this day.

Why is mine? Well, you could indeed write a chapter like that of the Bible or the Quran. However, going back many millennia ago, you cannot explain how these people were able to write such a book without contradiction.













 


I don't think God would have rounded. It means either man changed it, and that means the entire bible could have been changed by man, or that God rounded. I just don't feel like the divinely inspired writ of God would round it. I'm not asking for the whole sequence of pi, but I think it could have been an opportunity to drop some knowledge on early man, if God just told them about pi. I feel like there are a lot of useful things God could have told us in the bible, that he didn't. Instead, he tells us not to eat pigs. 

As far as I'm aware, there are numerous contradictions between modern science and the bible. Primarily regarding the origin of life and Earth. 
So, your argument is that 'I don't feel that God would"? How are any of us, me included, supposed to have any validity of your opinion of an all power all knowing God? 
*headdesk* Levitican Laws.


Posted By:
LiifaLoved_2116091 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
LiifaLoved_2116091
Member since:
May 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 23
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago
When so many bad things occur in your life & you lose your faith in God. Or... having lack of evidence that there is a God.

__||| Tupac's Baby Mama |||__


Posted By:
Aarjan
Aarjan
Member since:
April 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1900
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Aarjan" wrote:


I have a question.....Why do we need a God ?
Who or what created us?


So ? we should make an assumption that God created us ? with our current knowledge, we can not give a scientific answer. there are many unsolved mystery which may take another 1000 years to be answered. But, That doesn't means We should make an assumption of God.

God is only needed to answer some thing that we can't answer. Early primitive people created a god since they couldn't answer everything around them. If you discover how something works, Some certain laws are enough to understand that.....now, we created a God since we can't answer questions like "Who created the Universe".....we created the concept of God. it's nothing more than an illusion........

this universe may exits without a God. we do not need  a God to create a zero....... Laws of physics are enough to explain everything or will be one day. God is illusion.


 

 

the rest is silence 


Posted By:
Aarjan
Aarjan
Member since:
April 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1900
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Aarjan" wrote:


Lord of the rings. No contradictions. Written by  By J.R.R. Tolkien. What if, God Himself said him to write Lord of the Rings ? Any proof that God Didn't ?  May be it was from God himself/herself/itself.
How does this pertain tot he topic? Also we know that Lord of The Rings is false, given that the writer expresses it as fiction, and that no one believes that It is real. Also, you can go to tolikengateway for a complete list of major and minor contradictions in his books.


well, yup.
every one knows that Lord of the rings is not even true. But, only a few can believe that Bible is not even true.
What's the special about Bible ? As far as I know, there's no contradiction in Hindu holy books. Bible is just another holy book.....

You believe that Bible is a direct message from God. Since god is perfect, Bible is perfect. Why do you believe that Bible is a direct message from God ?

Bible doesn't supports almost everything what science supports..lol.
I can't understand, what's so special About Bible ?

the rest is silence 


Posted By:
Aarjan
Aarjan
Member since:
April 2013
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1900
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago
um...hum... Why Bible supports after life...??

the rest is silence 


Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 10965
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"Aarjan" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"Aarjan" wrote:




I have a question.....Why do we need a God ?
Who or what created us?


So ? we should make an assumption that God created us ? with our current knowledge, we can not give a scientific answer. there are many unsolved mystery which may take another 1000 years to be answered. But, That doesn't means We should make an assumption of God.

God is only needed to answer some thing that we can't answer. Early primitive people created a god since they couldn't answer everything around them. If you discover how something works, Some certain laws are enough to understand that.....now, we created a God since we can't answer questions like "Who created the Universe".....we created the concept of God. it's nothing more than an illusion........

this universe may exits without a God. we do not need  a God to create a zero....... Laws of physics are enough to explain everything or will be one day. God is illusion.


 

 

Play both sides of the equation here. If we don't have the knowledge yet...then God is not out of the question.

Aarjan you are guessing...nothing more than a guess. You have no evidence of this happening.


Aarjan I have the answer, you don't. "In a thousand year's we'll figure it out or we will one day" Is again you guessing. You are simply using words to describe your opinion of the unforeseeable future.






Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 10965
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted almost 4 years ago

"Aarjan" wrote:



"AlphaT" wrote:






"Aarjan" wrote:




Lord of the rings. No contradictions. Written by  By J.R.R. Tolkien. What if, God Himself said him to write Lord of the Rings ? Any proof that God Didn't ?  May be it was from God himself/herself/itself.
How does this pertain tot he topic? Also we know that Lord of The Rings is false, given that the writer expresses it as fiction, and that no one believes that It is real. Also, you can go to tolikengateway for a complete list of major and minor contradictions in his books.


well, yup.
every one knows that Lord of the rings is not even true. But, only a few can believe that Bible is not even true.
What's the special about Bible ? As far as I know, there's no contradiction in Hindu holy books. Bible is just another holy book.....

You believe that Bible is a direct message from God. Since god is perfect, Bible is perfect. Why do you believe that Bible is a direct message from God ?

Bible doesn't supports almost everything what science supports..lol.
I can't understand, what's so special About Bible ?
The Hindu holy books we know are wrong. Simply a lack ######## or evidence.
The Bible is perfect, no contradiction. I would also advise you to look into Radio-Isotope dating, its  a fun subject.





Latest Forum Posts

What did you last drink today?

What did you last drink today?

Throw anything at the user below

ONE YEAR CLOSER TO DEATH

ONE YEAR CLOSER TO DEATH

Type the lyrics of a song you know and love

What Song are You Addicted to Right Now?

What Song are You Addicted to Right Now?

A Mark of Red [Experimental; Ocarina of Ti...

What Song are You Addicted to Right Now?

Latest Videos

Play Online Games