×
Back left 6d79ffa2165c70419b5d81367025d889a832b878a14a24f303dd5f6f59a4f2c5
Back right 7131bbac0729874ea35f73598ddf94d2e1f7db07d23b55f12e0a2064353ff6d7
Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
July 2007
Posts: 198

 "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence". -- Richard Dawkins

Many Atheists, in their arguments, I have seen on this website resort to quoting and using Big-name authors, noblemen & scientists to disprove the existence of God. 

"I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side" - Abraham Lincoln

"I am an agnostic" - Carl Sagan

"None of us can be as Great as God, but any of us can be just as Good"- Mark Twain certainly hated religion, but he certainly wasn't an atheist. 

"God governs in the affairs of men." - Benjamin Franklin

"There is a great directing head of people and things -- a Supreme Being who looks after the destinies of the world" - Thomas Edison, is not an Atheist. 

'Say nothing of my religion. It is known to myself and my God alone." - Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein rejected the Bible as the word of God, and said that the creator was unknowable, and that God being personal was child-like.

He also lamented -- "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God."

then he added

"But what really makes me angry, is that they quote me for the support of such views."

oops.

He used the term "fanatical atheists" of people who denied the existence of the creator. 

Charles Darwin said, "I have never been an Atheist." (The life and Letters of Charles Darwin)

credz to "God Vs. Evolution" project.

If I got a dollar for every time someone told me God came on this earth to make people "Happy"...


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
So, before I attempt to help. You ARE asking why Atheists quote people, but in a way which the quotes were not meant to be taken, right?


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
July 2007
Posts: 198

"AlphaT" wrote:

So, before I attempt to help. You ARE asking why Atheists quote people, but in a way which the quotes were not meant to be taken, right?


Yes, specifically Atheists.  

If I got a dollar for every time someone told me God came on this earth to make people "Happy"...


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Posts: 13507

okay


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"Jesse" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

So, before I attempt to help. You ARE asking why Atheists quote people, but in a way which the quotes were not meant to be taken, right?


Yes, specifically Atheists.  
It stacks up their arguement. Problem solved.


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
July 2007
Posts: 198

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Jesse" wrote:




"AlphaT" wrote:


So, before I attempt to help. You ARE asking why Atheists quote people, but in a way which the quotes were not meant to be taken, right?


Yes, specifically Atheists.  
It stacks up their arguement. Problem solved.

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Jesse" wrote:




"AlphaT" wrote:


So, before I attempt to help. You ARE asking why Atheists quote people, but in a way which the quotes were not meant to be taken, right?


Yes, specifically Atheists.  
It stacks up their arguement. Problem solved.


no stack. How is it a problem? No problem was solved.

If I got a dollar for every time someone told me God came on this earth to make people "Happy"...


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef

"Jesse" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Jesse" wrote:




"AlphaT" wrote:


So, before I attempt to help. You ARE asking why Atheists quote people, but in a way which the quotes were not meant to be taken, right?


Yes, specifically Atheists.  
It stacks up their arguement. Problem solved.

"AlphaT" wrote:



"Jesse" wrote:




"AlphaT" wrote:


So, before I attempt to help. You ARE asking why Atheists quote people, but in a way which the quotes were not meant to be taken, right?


Yes, specifically Atheists.  
It stacks up their arguement. Problem solved.


no stack. How is it a problem? No problem was solved.
Yes stack. And it was a figure of speech.


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Posts: 1900

"Jesse" wrote:

 "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence". -- Richard Dawkins


Many Atheists, in their arguments, I have seen on this website resort to quoting and using Big-name authors, noblemen & scientists to disprove the existence of God. 


"I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side" - Abraham Lincoln


"I am an agnostic" - Carl Sagan


"None of us can be as Great as God, but any of us can be just as Good"- Mark Twain certainly hated religion, but he certainly wasn't an atheist. 


"God governs in the affairs of men." - Benjamin Franklin


"There is a great directing head of people and things -- a Supreme Being who looks after the destinies of the world" - Thomas Edison, is not an Atheist. 


'Say nothing of my religion. It is known to myself and my God alone." - Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein rejected the Bible as the word of God, and said that the creator was unknowable, and that God being personal was child-like.


He also lamented -- "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God."


then he added

"But what really makes me angry, is that they quote me for the support of such views."


oops.


He used the term "fanatical atheists" of people who denied the existence of the creator. 


Charles Darwin said, "I have never been an Atheist." (The life and Letters of Charles Darwin)


credz to "God Vs. Evolution" project.



If you believe in a moral or religious ideal, It is not hard to take a decision. Because, Many have uttered their opinion on the subject and determined right-wrong. You can easily follow them. 

Now, from your post, You are implying that You shouldn't take a decision according to an ideal - your decision must be unique ( you are writing this about atheists who follows an ideal. )

But there is no difference between atheists who quotes famous people and Christians who quotes Bible's verse-  Both follows an ideal- opinions of some one else. But it is serious with Christians- as they are being controlled by Bible.

the rest is silence 


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Member since:
June 2013
Posts: 474

I think he's asking why atheists bring up things scientists have said to add to their argument to prove that a God doesn't exist. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) Some atheist  use quotes from scientist as if as if they stood there beside them through every step of their research.
 
If that's what you're asking, atheists are simply hypocritical and if anything, just as gullible as religious people are in my opinion. I don't care if science experiments are repeatable and sometimes shown. 99% of scientist are atheist but not all atheists are scientist. Therefore they're relying on scientist's research they heard about or who knows, maybe falsely shown. The point is, while  there is insufficient evidence that any god exist, there's still no proof that they don't exist either. 
 
Sure science can tell me how my body works, how I was brought into the world but can it tell me why I am here, ever? No.
 
and the evolution thing. god it's not even funny, the amount of flaws that whole theory has. sooo many more reasons to be skeptical. not even going to start on that. 
 
The absence of evidence does not mean something is not true. Why must everything need a scientific reason? That is what I do not understand. If science actually held the truth we should have the answer to all our questions by now. But we don't. It's so ironic, how much faith they put into science.
 
but you know what? atheist reminds me so much of scientologists. wow. i wouldn't say their personalities are the same, but their way of thinking, their reasoning and outlook is so alike. hmm, never thought of that. 

but anyways. you know, it's funny when they ask christians (or any other religious followers of course) why we quote the bible when debating about such topics since they  believe it's just
made-up stories and don't hold any evidence(although I personally don't because it is rather pointless), and in no way will change what they believe yet they quote scientists and their research. how is that any different? i mean,  don't worry, quoting from atheist scientists carry no value with me either, so you can stop talking now?? 

sig


Posted over 4 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Member since:
July 2007
Posts: 198

"Aarjan" wrote:



"Jesse" wrote:


 "Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence". -- Richard Dawkins



Many Atheists, in their arguments, I have seen on this website resort to quoting and using Big-name authors, noblemen & scientists to disprove the existence of God. 



"I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side" - Abraham Lincoln



"I am an agnostic" - Carl Sagan



"None of us can be as Great as God, but any of us can be just as Good"- Mark Twain certainly hated religion, but he certainly wasn't an atheist. 



"God governs in the affairs of men." - Benjamin Franklin



"There is a great directing head of people and things -- a Supreme Being who looks after the destinies of the world" - Thomas Edison, is not an Atheist. 



'Say nothing of my religion. It is known to myself and my God alone." - Thomas Jefferson

Albert Einstein rejected the Bible as the word of God, and said that the creator was unknowable, and that God being personal was child-like.



He also lamented -- "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human understanding, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God."



then he added

"But what really makes me angry, is that they quote me for the support of such views."



oops.



He used the term "fanatical atheists" of people who denied the existence of the creator. 



Charles Darwin said, "I have never been an Atheist." (The life and Letters of Charles Darwin)



credz to "God Vs. Evolution" project.




If you believe in a moral or religious ideal, It is not hard to take a decision. Because, Many have uttered their opinion on the subject and determined right-wrong. You can easily follow them. 

Now, from your post, You are implying that You shouldn't take a decision according to an ideal - your decision must be unique ( you are writing this about atheists who follows an ideal. )

But there is no difference between atheists who quotes famous people and Christians who quotes Bible's verse-  Both follows an ideal- opinions of some one else. But it is serious with Christians- as they are being controlled by Bible.



Religious idea is not based on moral absolute, who told you that?

Seems like you're taking scripture way out of context, if you think that.

I agree, a huge amount of Christians love to take biblical context to support their views, you can support any view you want from the Bible just by taking a few scriptures and making a good sermon to support whatever you want. 

I'm not saying any of these writers were 100% in belief of Jesus, from the Bible; but do you know what these authors intentions are when they give out their knowledge?

It obviously isn't to disprove the existence of God, for Albert Einstein. 

I like your argument, but you miss the big idea, and the intentions of why these authors lived. It wasn't to disprove God. They are more rational about it than that.

If I got a dollar for every time someone told me God came on this earth to make people "Happy"...


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity

You Failed To Mention in Forum Games posted by Mermaid_Author14
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
What instrument or instrume... in Everything Music posted by Wolf74
What instrument or instrume... in Everything Music posted by Wolf74
Count to 60 before a Jr. Mo... in Forum Games posted by Itzmedacheese
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Shadeleaf
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Sillyvision next Generation... in General Roleplays posted by Tord_Trash
Home For the Strange ( for ... in Private Roleplay posted by ThisNameWasStolen
Role play anyone? Open one ... in General Roleplays posted by Carters
type whatever comes 2 your ... in Forum Games posted by Abbergrl
Fragments [Violet] | [Uni, ... in Private Roleplay posted by Phantom_Queen
Fragments [INDIGO LEAGUE!] ... in Private Roleplay posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
Favourite Gaming YouTube Ch... in Forum Games posted by Shysenpai133
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by Abbergrl
Count to 60 before a Jr. Mo... in Forum Games posted by CobaltBlue
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by ajcj
what do you want to be when... in Current Events posted by ajcj
NORTH KOREA!!! in Current Events posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New Real Time Private Messa... in New Features on KW posted by ajcj
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by slurpie3
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by James
New site layout this week! in New Features on KW posted by SnowflakeAngelKitten
why are girls so girly in Debating posted by simran88
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by Nightmare_is_me
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by DallasCowboy
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by Abbergrl
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by FlutePlayer197
Would you happen to have th... in Say Anything posted by MechaMaiden23
Choose a word to describe y... in Random posted by MechaMaiden23
Would u date the person abo... in Random posted by dragongirl555
See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by ImagineOrdinary
See you... **NOT CLICKBAIT** in Random posted by rainbowpoptart