Back left
Back right

Have a Question about God or Religion? Ask it here!

Celebs cartoon
Posted 10 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
If i may. Ur only going on ur own religion. Not taking others into account. Like the Pagans believe that your soul stays on earth under a veil in which we cannot see. They see us and everything around us but we cannot see them. Like one way glass. Some open minded people or children can see them becuz they do not judge nor hate. If the soul needs to redo something in life, it is reincarnated to have another chance to fix what it wronged.

BeatleBabeWink

Posted 10 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"AlphaT" wrote:

"briteesh95" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

"loldntcillme" wrote:

I am scared of eternity, I am a christian. These 2 things are contradictary, but eternity still scares me. What do I do?
I use to be scared of eternity too. I thought about eternity as a slide, but one where you never reach the bottom. Continued exists, forever and ever, and ever after that. It can be intimidating, but if you're a Christian then you should welcome this. Eternity with God means that your existence will forever be fulfilled, even when your existence doesn't end.

i'll also make an addition to this by saying that living for eternity basically means that you life here on Earth ends when u die, but ur soul lives for eternity and how and where? depending on how u live Ur life here on Earth, until the day of salvation, when Jesus comes back on a white horse ready to eradicate all the eveil from thsi world completely, whether dead or

alive
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking what happens to the soul after we die. 

The soul is eternal. When you die, the soul lives on. Now, "where" is the wrong question to ask. The soul isn't physical, it doesn't go to a certain space. What we know from The Bible is that the dead await the dead of judgment, like a sleeping person waiting to be woken up. Obviously we don't wait to wake up, we're unaware of the fact that we're sleeping. This "feeling" (or lack thereof) is what we "experience" until the day that God judges us. 

when i say where, i mean heaven, purgatory and hell

Thank you and God bless.

Posted 10 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"Yellowpig84" wrote:

I am wondering is God real like do you ever think about it
i have the exact same problem i some times just cry in bed about it. but it helps to have a sort of thing you ask god to help you with, like, "dear god, I need you to help me to know that you are really there. please give me a sign. Amen." a sign could be anything from someone saying something about god, to an actual sign fly by that says "god is real, believe it!"

I hope this helps, kittylovepug=happy

signed, call me kitty

Posted 10 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"kittylovepug=happy" wrote:

"Yellowpig84" wrote:

I am wondering is God real like do you ever think about

it
i have the exact same problem i some times just cry in bed about it. but it helps to have a sort of thing you ask god to help you with, like, "dear god, I need you to help me to know that you are really there. please give me a sign. Amen." a sign could be anything from someone saying something about god, to an actual sign fly by that says "god is real, believe it!"

I hope this helps, kittylovepug=happy
God is real. Everything around us has a beginning, so there has to be something that started it all. God is the only one who is capable of starting everything without needing a beginning for Himself. That means God must exist. 

Posted 8 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

What happened to the Ark of the Coven

Posted 3 months ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock

"AlphaT_1747988" wrote:

"RawrImacat" wrote:

I never actually thought about using this thread until now. I don't know if these questions are good or not, but I literally know nothing. The questions range, but are mostly about about God.

So, communication with God. How exactly do you communicate with him? I assume that praying is one, but does God reply? How does He reply? Is it like a voice in your head?  If it is a voice, is there a way to know it is different? Could it be the Devil?

I always see that God knows all, sees all, etc. Does that mean He can read your mind and know everything about you? If He knows all, why does it seem that demonstrating your faith by worship is necessary? If God knows you, then He should know you are a believer without any worship? Does that make sense?

God is omnipotent, right? If He has unlimited power, then why did it take six days to create the universe?

Does God have a human form? If not, could He?
Every question is a good question, as long as it's asked for the purpose of gaining knowledge. By that standard, I think your questions are great. 

First off, communication with God. How do we communicate with Him? Well, there are many ways to communicate with God. God has talked to many people over history, in many different ways, but there always remains one constant....God makes Himself known. So, how can we make God's presence known? Well, we can't. God isn't under our power. What we can do is call to Him and ask Him to make Himself known to us, and listen for Him. Essentially, this is what prayer is. It can be done while on the bus back home, in the privacy of your own room, while you're at church, or when you're tucked into bed at night. All that matters is that you ask God to make Himself known, and that you remain tentative to His response. 

And yes, God does reply, but not in the way that you might reply to a message. Often, when we don't reply, we're too busy or frustrated with the other person. But, that's not how God works. God responds when you need Him to respond, but He won't always respond just because you ask Him to. Every single person encounters this in their spiritual life, a time where God seems distant from them. This silence can make us reflect on our own lives, and it almost always is some sort of sin we're committing which keeps us from fully connecting with God. 

"Pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil." -1 Thessalonians 5:17-22

Lastly on this issue, how does God reply? To be frank, it's probably not a voice in your head. If you're hearing actual voices, find a doctor. God's replies are very awkward to say the least, and I can only speak from my own experience. You feel a presence, as if something amazing is in you, and you become very joyful in an instant. Your outlook on everything changes, you feel as if a heavy weight has been taken off of you, and your heart feels like it's pouring out. This is the kind of response that one gets when they accept Christ, or repent for something that they've been doing wrong, or even simply by rejoicing and worshiping God. Even specific things, like what we should do, seem to come in this kind of form. You might have something pop into your head, or feel a new kind of assurance about making a certain decision. I hope that makes some sense. 
On one final note, it probably can't be the devil. After all, that kind of feeling makes you get out of sinful thinking, and the devil doesn't want that to happen. 

I'm sorry that this was a long answer, but that's a more spiritual matter than your other questions. Spiritual matters often aren't simple. 

Now to your next question, can God read your mind? No. God is omnipresent, there's nothing to read. He already knows everything you've ever thought, what you're thinking, and what you will ever think of. Professor X reads minds to acquire new information, but why read them when you already know what's inside? 

Why is worship necessary? It's not, you have free will. You can choose not to worship God. However, if you choose to accept God and turn to Him, then worship is a natural consequent. It's not something that you do because you have to, it's something you do because you realize that God deserves it from you. And it's not for God to know that you love Him, it's the fact that worship is what we ought to do. Also, worship is a powerful way to be in communion with God, so it's not as if God is some kind of conceited king on a throne demanding we gratify Him.
Put simply, worship is something we ought to do, and it lets us experience God Himself. It's not a matter of God knowing that we believe, it's a matter of growing in and experiencing the reality of that belief. 

Now, why did God take six days to create The Universe, if He is omnipotent? I think this question assumed that God needed six days to create The Universe. I'm trying to imagine God coming home from a long day's work, plopping down on His freshly created heavens saying "Yeesh! That sky took forever to get up!" 
The reality is that God didn't need six days to create The Universe. He could have done it in five, or four, or three. After all, Genesis records God speaking his creation into existence. Surely it didn't take God all day to finish a complete sentence. 
However, I don't think that Genesis describes creation over a literal period of six, 24 hour days. I think it describes different periods in which God creates His Universe, and then adds function to it accordingly. However, this is a different issue. The basic answer I want to give is that no matter how long God took to create The Universe, it wasn't due to a lack of power. 

Finally, does God have a human form? Yeah, Jesus is God, and Jesus became human. Jesus became human, took on the life of the perfect being that He is, and died the death of an imperfect being that He is not. His sacrifice allows us to be forgiven for the evils we have done, and spares us from the punishment that we deserve. 

That's a really long reply, but I wanted to make sure that I fully addressed your questions. If you need anything clarified, or if you have any follow up questions, don't hesitate. (: 

For the God replying thing, what if God always replies but not necessarily with words but with occurrences like symbols, places you go, or people you meet in your daily life? And God made man free so like we get to choose where we want to go so we might not get the "message" from Him right away because we choose not to go to that place where we might find a symbol or a person that will help us learn something new or guide us in some way.

Lucky

Posted 3 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

I don't have a ques smile

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity