Back left
Back right
Posted 11 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

A lot a people ask me what religion I am, and for awhile, I didn't know. So I did some research and found out that I'm a Secular. A Secular doesn't judge people, for what they look like on the outside, and most of the Seculars people won't judge if your BI either. So you can ask me anything and I won't judge. Flower Rainbow

Posted 10 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
This isn't a religion, this is a political philosophy.

And you're not a "secular". If you agree with secularism, the idea that the state ought to be separate from any religious institution, then you're a secularist. 

Posted 10 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

I hate to break it to you, but you either misinterpreted your research or you were really misinformed.

While secular can mean to have a strict neutrality towards religion by the government (as Alpha said about the separation and stuff, it's a whole thing), it's more known as the broad term for nonreligious people. It's more than just "Hey, I'm super nice and won't judge what you believe in!!". That's just being accepting.

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

I prefer not to believe in religions. i look at myself as a spiritual person who tries to be nice to people and help when I can. If I can encourage someone with a comforting word or words than I will do so. It doesn't have to be religious in nature, but something that could lift the persons spirits ups. 

I just really don't like labels like if you are Catholic and say you believe in abortion than a lot of people think you can't be a Catholic. That is stupid. Or if you are a Fundamental Christian you can't like the LBGT Community and rights. That is bull. 

Rachel & Jake 2/20/2016 <3

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"Rach" wrote:

I prefer not to believe in religions. i look at myself as a spiritual person who tries to be nice to people and help when I can. If I can encourage someone with a comforting word or words than I will do so. It doesn't have to be religious in nature, but something that could lift the persons spirits ups. 

I just really don't like labels like if you are Catholic and say you believe in abortion than a lot of people think you can't be a Catholic. That is stupid. Or if you are a Fundamental Christian you can't like the LBGT Community and rights. That is bull. 

just want to point out that some views are incompatible. like i couldn't think that its moral to kill an animal for taste pleasure while also holding an ethical vegan belief system. it would be a contradiction.

not saying you can't be catholic while believing in abortion because i don't know. i just brought it up because it sounds like you think a person can believe anything while still being in a particular group

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

Why Not? Each person is their own individual and each person has there own beliefs. Sure when you are in a certain group or religion you are going to be taught the belief system of the group or religion but ultimately it is the individuals choice to believe in it or not. So I don't think someone could be apart of a group and be against everything they believe in but they certainly can be against several of the things. However, my point there are people who don't believe that and this is why I do not affiliate myself with any religion or group.

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

you can believe whatever you want but like i said some are incompatible with each other

"Rach" wrote:

So I don't think someone could be apart of a group and be against everything they believe in but they certainly can be against several of the things.  

ok i kinda see what you mean. like a could be a republican while being against several republican beliefs but not if i disagree with all of them. 

the problem is when i say that is that you only know a couple of things, usually that i support more republican ideas than not. thats all.

if i say that I'm an atheist and then you ask me about if i believe in a god and i say yes.. then I'm not an atheist ...... see what i mean? 

sorry, its kind of petty and I'm going all philosophical over here. i just want to have that point understood.

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

A core belief of being an atheist though is not believing in god. You however can be an atheist and listen to christian music if you want. I guess what I am saying is there are core beliefs that make up a belief system and not believing in god is one of them for being an atheist.

As for being republican you can love a candidate on year and then the next time not support the republican candidates beliefs.

Posted 5 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb

"Rach" wrote:

A core belief of being an atheist though is not believing in god. You however can be an atheist and listen to christian music if you want. I guess what I am saying is there are core beliefs that make up a belief system and not believing in god is one of them for being an atheist.

As for being republican you can love a candidate on year and then the next time not support the republican candidates beliefs.

yes, exactly. 

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity