Back left
Back right

Just a Question... God and Religion?

Celebs cartoon
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
Okay so I believe in God, I want to say I am a Christian. There is a problem with that though. Whenever I talk to a person who doesn't believe in God they start trying to tell me about my belief, saying that I follow a religion when that isn't exactly true... Now I know this might seem a bit silly but are there any people who believe in God and but don't believe they follow a religion? I want to know if someone else has my view point, which is that I believe in faith and don't need a religion to help me classify myself as a believer.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
*Raises up hand* Me, I don't think I'm following a religion, but more of a spiritual thing.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"CursedNights" wrote:

Okay so I believe in God, I want to say I am a Christian. There is a problem with that though. Whenever I talk to a person who doesn't believe in God they start trying to tell me about my belief, saying that I follow a religion when that isn't exactly true... Now I know this might seem a bit silly but are there any people who believe in God and but don't believe they follow a religion? I want to know if someone else has my view point, which is that I believe in faith and don't need a religion to help me classify myself as a believer.
Do you believe in the God from the Bible? or just a god in general? 

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
The God from the Bible. I was brought up on the Faith aspect of Him, not the religion. I was always taught Religion was created to practice your Faith. I also was taught to question what we were taught and... Well even though I was taught and brought up this way I believe in God I just don't follow a religion...

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
This is kind of a mix of....dogmatisim with agnosticism.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
I feel like I once knew those words but I can not remember them. Can you please explain to me what they mean?

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"CursedNights" wrote:

I feel like I once knew those words but I can not remember them. Can you please explain to me what they mean?
Agnosticism is like when you believe in God, but do not fall into the religious thing. Dogmatisim, as I was refering to the movie 'dogma', meaning you believe in just having faith.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
I do. Its called non-practicing its very popular actually.

Thats me!

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Default girl
Lock
Okay, then yay. Most people I meet follow a religion and assume I do to, it gets pretty annoying actually.

Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Just a question... Why do you feel the need  to be exempt and be a special little snowflake?

The foul realism is unleashed
Upon the Earth we'll bleed

The kindness of deaths grasp
Relieves us from the pain

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity