x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

Becoming an Atheist

Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Sage_kittycat" wrote:

Well, I am an Atheist, and that's just because I follow logic and science. I was raised in a Christian school - even though my mom is an Atheist too - so I had to decide for myself. It's okay to go against your parents as long as it's what you truly believe in. The question is if you follow logic. Atheism is basically logic-and-science-based.
science and logic were both created by man and man is not very smart
Science and logic are both natural...
true but also man wasn't givin  the knowledge to do anything, just like how god didn't want Adam and eve to eat off the tree of knowledge, the reason for scientists is totally accidental if the incident with the serpent telling eve to eat off the tree of knowledge  didn't happen no scientists would exist if I said it correctly
I literally have no idea what you just said. But I did highlight where you contradict yourself. 


Posted By:
JoshizMyName13 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
JoshizMyName13
Member since:
July 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 79
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Sage_kittycat" wrote:

Well, I am an Atheist, and that's just because I follow logic and science. I was raised in a Christian school - even though my mom is an Atheist too - so I had to decide for myself. It's okay to go against your parents as long as it's what you truly believe in. The question is if you follow logic. Atheism is basically logic-and-science-based.
science and logic were both created by man and man is not very smart
Science and logic are both natural...
true but also man wasn't givin  the knowledge to do anything, just like how god didn't want Adam and eve to eat off the tree of knowledge, the reason for scientists is totally accidental if the incident with the serpent telling eve to eat off the tree of knowledge  didn't happen no scientists would exist if I said it correctly
I literally have no idea what you just said. But I did highlight where you contradict yourself. 
let me say it better scientists are stupid, with out their "theories" and "logic" they'd look like idiots

Posted By:
Sage_kittycat
Sage_kittycat
Member since:
July 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 6827
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Sage_kittycat" wrote:

Well, I am an Atheist, and that's just because I follow logic and science. I was raised in a Christian school - even though my mom is an Atheist too - so I had to decide for myself. It's okay to go against your parents as long as it's what you truly believe in. The question is if you follow logic. Atheism is basically logic-and-science-based.
science and logic were both created by man and man is not very smart
Science and logic are both natural...
true but also man wasn't givin  the knowledge to do anything, just like how god didn't want Adam and eve to eat off the tree of knowledge, the reason for scientists is totally accidental if the incident with the serpent telling eve to eat off the tree of knowledge  didn't happen no scientists would exist if I said it correctly
I literally have no idea what you just said. But I did highlight where you contradict yourself. 
let me say it better scientists are stupid, with out their "theories" and "logic" they'd look like idiots
Dude, scientists are basically theories and logic. Your point?


Posted By:
Jack Mack_1822069 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Jack Mack_1822069
Member since:
June 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 4844
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Jack Mack" wrote:

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Sage_kittycat" wrote:

Well, I am an Atheist, and that's just because I follow logic and science. I was raised in a Christian school - even though my mom is an Atheist too - so I had to decide for myself. It's okay to go against your parents as long as it's what you truly believe in. The question is if you follow logic. Atheism is basically logic-and-science-based.
science and logic were both created by man and man is not very smart
Science and logic are both natural...
true but also man wasn't givin  the knowledge to do anything, just like how god didn't want Adam and eve to eat off the tree of knowledge, the reason for scientists is totally accidental if the incident with the serpent telling eve to eat off the tree of knowledge  didn't happen no scientists would exist if I said it correctly
I literally have no idea what you just said. But I did highlight where you contradict yourself. 
let me say it better scientists are stupid, with out their "theories" and "logic" they'd look like idiots
uh...if you remove logic from anything you'll look like an idiot. if you remove the bible from a preacher he'll look like an idiot. 


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"PrincessCarly" wrote:

"onlyindarkness" wrote:

I'm not seeing the question in this post. Can you rephrase what you're asking?
Absolutely. I am trying to see the different options in a more mature manner than hearing people argue over the existence of God. I obviously know that is a difference. But I want to see the more important changes you go through when you go from believing in God to not. Because I am undecided since I am not sure of the details. I guess the basic question would be, what are the serious believes you express when saying, I am an atheist?"
The only idea you express by stating you're an atheist is that you don't believe in God.  Being an atheist doesn't necessarily mean you believe in evolution, or the big bang, or anything. (although, most atheists do) 

Posted By:
JohnySteel
JohnySteel
Member since:
January 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 95
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"PrincessCarly" wrote:

It's pretty obvious in my past that I truly have been highly offended by Atheists attacking my religion. I do apologize for my harshness. For the past year, events have taken place in my life (don't say what) that have led me to become skeptical and disbelieving. My family thinks I am just too busy with school to attend church anymore when in fact I have no desire in going. If there was a guy, why do things that scar you for life happen? My boyfriend now said that God uses us as pawns and laughs at us suffering. We were both raised in the church and because of family issues and our parents claiming to be Christians yet being terrible, we have tried to figure out what to believe. All groups (especially Atheists) are welcome. I would like some opinions that are MATURE. And I don't mean 'Jesus loves you' crap.
Alright,let me clarify that I am a Catholic. I personally do find that confusing as well,but I've been taught the God has a plan,and that even things that may seem bad are leading to something good,but even then,I can understand why atheists don't believe.So,if you think God is an impossibility,that's alright,it's understandable,so do what you think is right. Life should be lived happily,without worries,and if atheism makes you happy,go for it.

I am physic,your argument is invalid.


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"JoshizMyName13" wrote:

"Sage_kittycat" wrote:

Well, I am an Atheist, and that's just because I follow logic and science. I was raised in a Christian school - even though my mom is an Atheist too - so I had to decide for myself. It's okay to go against your parents as long as it's what you truly believe in. The question is if you follow logic. Atheism is basically logic-and-science-based.
science and logic were both created by man and man is not very smart
We're the smartest thing we know of, and since "smart" is subjective... Yeah, man is pretty smart.  Although there are obviously exceptions. 

Posted By:
JohnySteel
JohnySteel
Member since:
January 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 95
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
[quote="Teh_Skittlez"][quote="JoshizMyName13"][quote="Sage_kittycat"]Well, I am an Atheist, and that's just because I follow logic and science. I was raised in a Christian school - even though my mom is an Atheist too - so I had to decide for myself. It's okay to go against your parents as long as it's what you truly believe in. The question is if you follow logic. Atheism is basically logic-and-science-based.[/quote] science and logic were both created by man and man is not very smart[/quote] We're the smartest thing we know of, and since "smart" is subjective... Yeah, man is pretty smart.  Although there are obviously exceptions. [/quote Man is indeed pretty darn smart. Personally,I say,that those that say science contradicts religion are wrong. Religion explains the possibility of there being a deity,while science explains everything in particular,such as molecules,and how our body works and all that good stuff,and whether or not there is a deity can only be proven by dying,because,most religions say that there is an afterlife,and if there is,that would prove it,but for the moment,we are left with two options,either we believe in there being one,or we don't. I believe in there being one,but that's just me,and I'm fine with people not agreeing with me.

I am physic,your argument is invalid.


Posted By:
MikhailTal Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MikhailTal
Member since:
April 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 443
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
Being an atheist is very freeing, but that's not always a good thing. The core of atheism releases you from having what you view as a moral / natural necessity to (blindly) worship a being that probably conflicts with certain morals you have (like you said in your post). When you've done that, a lot of reason and logic can be utilized to truly understand the natural Universe, and precisely why things happen.  Religions act upon faith, atheism typically has more rational/scientifically-minded individuals in their ranks, but the absolute most important thing to accept if you do decide to throw away the concept of a God is that you don't know everything like you thought you did. With religion, you're essentially granted an answer to everything. How the universe began (God did it), why bad things happen to good people (Satan did it / God has a plan) etc. Once you do this, you can actually start learning things that can be observed, tested, and verified. The bad part is that you don't have someone you believe to be a God guiding you, which is pretty awful. It's a lot easier to give up control than make actual decisions, no matter the circumstance. 


Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
Member since:
March 2011
Status:
Offline

Posts: 11044
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"MikhailTal" wrote:

Being an atheist is very freeing, but that's not always a good thing. The core of atheism releases you from having what you view as a moral / natural necessity to (blindly) worship a being that probably conflicts with certain morals you have (like you said in your post). When you've done that, a lot of reason and logic can be utilized to truly understand the natural Universe, and precisely why things happen. Religions act upon faith, atheism typically has more rational/scientifically-minded individuals in their ranks, but the absolute most important thing to accept if you do decide to throw away the concept of a God is that you don't know everything like you thought you did. With religion, you're essentially granted an answer to everything. How the universe began (God did it), why bad things happen to good people (Satan did it / God has a plan) etc. Once you do this, you can actually start learning things that can be observed, tested, and verified. The bad part is that you don't have someone you believe to be a God guiding you, which is pretty awful. It's a lot easier to give up control than make actual decisions, no matter the circumstance.
And that is why the Pascals Wagel has never been proven wrong. If you do believe in God, and you are wrong.youve led a life of at least hope... If you are right and everything about God, as well as your Reigion and Christians and heaven are correect, you go with God... At least have a chance at it. Honestly and if you are goign to post back saying "Maybe God sends Atheists to Heaven" being God, and since he created us, hes all loving.


Latest Forum Posts

The last one to make a 100 will win!

Poem

The last one to make a 100 will win!

School logo

Pasta vs. Hamburgers

cupcakes or cookies

What is Your Religion?

What is Your Religion?

Is bisexuality legitimate? Why or Why not?

Is bisexuality legitimate? Why or Why not?

Latest Videos

Play Online Games