×
Back left
Back right
Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Alekhine" wrote:

He didnt make you sin. And sends sin to ####, just as salvation to Jesus binds with you, contract to sin binds with you as well.

He doesn't make you 'sin' (though he decides what is and isn't sin), but he chooses the unbelievably unjust punishment for it.





That depends on what you believe is unjust true? 


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"AlphaT" wrote:

That depends on what you believe is unjust true? 


I think eternal suffering for sins of a lifetime that is about 75 years on average is unjust in anyone's book.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Kerpele" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

That depends on what you believe is unjust true? 

I think eternal suffering for sins of a lifetime that is about 75 years on average is unjust in anyone's book.

I think based on what we've all done, everyone deserves it.


But uh, I have to go right now. Be back later in the evening. 


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"AlphaT" wrote:

I think based on what we've all done, everyone deserves it.


But uh, I have to go right now. Be back later in the evening. 


What exactly HAVE we done, on a personal level? Is everyone on this board a vile person who has done nothing but evil during their entire lives?


"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Kerpele" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

I think based on what we've all done, everyone deserves it.


But uh, I have to go right now. Be back later in the evening. 

What exactly HAVE we done, on a personal level? Is everyone on this board a vile person who has done nothing but evil during their entire lives?




You know, some atheists argue that religion doesent have a purpose since everything good it does can be done by someone else, Every good thing you and me do, can be done with just a snap of the fingers by God, so what purpose is good deeds?  


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"AlphaT" wrote:

You know, some atheists argue that religion doesent have a purpose since everything good it does can be done by someone else, Every good thing you and me do, can be done with just a snap of the fingers by God, so what purpose is good deeds?  


Empathy and caring are hard wired aspects of human behavior, designed to help the species survive.

Also, shouldn't the purpose of good deeds be proving God that you are a good person? Or does he not care about that?

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Kerpele" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

You know, some atheists argue that religion doesent have a purpose since everything good it does can be done by someone else, Every good thing you and me do, can be done with just a snap of the fingers by God, so what purpose is good deeds?  

Empathy and caring are hard wired aspects of human behavior, designed to help the species survive.

Also, shouldn't the purpose of good deeds be proving God that you are a good person? Or does he not care about that?



And who do you think hard wired them?

I think he cares about your heart. And if you show your heart and faith in him by doing good deeds then yes by all means he cares about good deeds.


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock
Posts: 440

And who do you think hard wired them?

Not a who. The forces of natural selection and evolution.

he cares about good deeds.

Except no amount of good deeds will spare you from burning if you don't have faith. It clearly doesn't matter in the eyes of a malevolent deity who, according to you, gives free will, yet punishes you for making wrong decisions. 

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"AlphaT" wrote:

And who do you think hard wired them?

I think he cares about your heart. And if you show your heart and faith in him by doing good deeds then yes by all means he cares about good deeds.


So doing good deeds is the same as believing in him? What about people who do not believe in him and still do good?

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


Posted over 5 years ago

Posted By:

Thumb
Lock

"Kerpele" wrote:

"AlphaT" wrote:

And who do you think hard wired them?

I think he cares about your heart. And if you show your heart and faith in him by doing good deeds then yes by all means he cares about good deeds.

So doing good deeds is the same as believing in him? What about people who do not believe in him and still do good?



No, he cares about you having faith in him. I did not say it was the same thing...its just that having faith in him is the top priority...and please do not say "Then you do not have to do good if you believe in him?"  Because I have already explained that God works through you when you accept him.  


News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity