x

Meet New Friends!

Recommended friends are based on your interests. Make sure they are up to date.

Friends ff8c072dd79a91c1300f032d674241a8d64367100ffb1f25fa3f9bec4a05319f
Kidzworld Logo

Politics and Religion

I'm not sure why Christianity isn't a dead religion.

Posted By:
bpbpbp_2003574 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
bpbpbp_2003574
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1309
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"hugebear" wrote:

"Storm1232" wrote:

"bpbpbp" wrote:

"hugebear" wrote:

Im just gonna reply to the original question 

Im not sure why Christianity isn't a dead religion

I think its cos billions of people believes in it and its unquestioned in that way and and its lasted for thousands of years and  its part of there family history and culture and society.

  You make an interesting point, how it's lasted for thousands of years teaching creationism and yet evolution-ism has only been around since the 1850's. I know I'm outta line with the subject but I just thought I'd point that out. I think it's still alive because people are teaching Christianity to their kids just like you do with anything you think is a fact.

Smart children^^

I dunno if it is the fact [cos according to the Christian religion you dont need proof but faith] but it is the traditions and what alot of people who believes in Christianity thinks.  They believes it cos its the faith 


Yup!

Posted By:
bpbpbp_2003574 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
bpbpbp_2003574
Member since:
January 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 1309
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"bpbpbp" wrote:

"hugebear" wrote:

Im just gonna reply to the original question 

Im not sure why Christianity isn't a dead religion

I think its cos billions of people believes in it and its unquestioned in that way and and its lasted for thousands of years and  its part of there family history and culture and society.

  You make an interesting point, how it's lasted for thousands of years teaching creationism and yet evolution-ism has only been around since the 1850's. I know I'm outta line with the subject but I just thought I'd point that out. I think it's still alive because people are teaching Christianity to their kids just like you do with anything you think is a fact.

What are you trying to say by pointing out that Evolution is a much newer idea? 

I feel as though you're trying to say that some how diminishes its credibility. If I'm wrong please correct me. 
There are plenty of other ways that Creationism diminishes Evolutionism's credibility. For example, the ocean is full of salt. If the earth is billions of years old as you say, what is the ocean would be a huge mound of salt! Another example, paleontologists have found T-Rex bones that had live blood cells in its tissue, with all that time to decay, they would be dead, but they're not. Why is that?

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"bpbpbp" wrote:

"Teh_Skittlez" wrote:

"bpbpbp" wrote:

"hugebear" wrote:

Im just gonna reply to the original question 

Im not sure why Christianity isn't a dead religion

I think its cos billions of people believes in it and its unquestioned in that way and and its lasted for thousands of years and  its part of there family history and culture and society.

  You make an interesting point, how it's lasted for thousands of years teaching creationism and yet evolution-ism has only been around since the 1850's. I know I'm outta line with the subject but I just thought I'd point that out. I think it's still alive because people are teaching Christianity to their kids just like you do with anything you think is a fact.

What are you trying to say by pointing out that Evolution is a much newer idea? 

I feel as though you're trying to say that some how diminishes its credibility. If I'm wrong please correct me.  There are plenty of other ways that Creationism diminishes Evolutionism's credibility. For example, the ocean is full of salt. If the earth is billions of years old as you say, what is the ocean would be a huge mound of salt! Another example, paleontologists have found T-Rex bones that had live blood cells in its tissue, with all that time to decay, they would be dead, but they're not. Why is that?


No, the ocean wouldn't be a bunch of salt. Do you have any idea how much water is in the ocean? 

Also, what are your sources for that? 

Evolution is a fact. You don't understand evolution at all. Evolution has very little to do with the Earth itself. Evolution is about how generations of animals change over time due to slight mutations and natural selection. 

Posted By:
Alekhine Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Alekhine
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 440
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
There are plenty of other ways that Creationism diminishes Evolutionism's credibility. For example, the ocean is full of salt. If the earth is billions of years old as you say, what is the ocean would be a huge mound of salt!

Please look up the water cycle



I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez_1249024 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Teh_Skittlez_1249024
Member since:
April 2009
Status:
Offline

Posts: 13978
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"Alekhine" wrote:

There are plenty of other ways that Creationism diminishes Evolutionism's credibility. For example, the ocean is full of salt. If the earth is billions of years old as you say, what is the ocean would be a huge mound of salt!

Please look up the water cycle





Yay 2nd grade science. 

Posted By:
MOTBS_2299819 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MOTBS_2299819
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 78
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I haven't read through the whole forum so here is my response to just the topic.  First off, Christianity had already spread far and wide by the time such events happened, so even if it did die off in the area, it would have probably made a revival. Second, having religion helps people get through the darkest times. I will assume your not religious because if you were then you would know that being religious really does give you hope in life, and I'm not trying to insult you. Third, with the base of your question you could easily replace 'Christianity' with 'English monarchy'. I realize that the English government has greatly changed throughout the years but so has Christianity. I mean, you haven't seen many Christians hunting witches lately, have you?

So, to summarize, it had been around too long, affected too many people and has adapted to much to have 'died'

*You wanna know what the most important part of a joke is?
^Sure, what's the mo-
*TIMING!!


Posted By:
MOTBS_2299819 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MOTBS_2299819
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 78
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I agree that the proof of evolution is pretty much undeniable but don't you think that if God is all powerful He could have very easily used evolution as a means to prepare the earth for man? Consider- since the beginning of life on this planet the number of species coming into existence and going out has been pretty steady. However, as soon as #### Sapiens came into the picture, the number of species going out stayed about the same, but the species coming in stopped entirely.

And yes, I am Catholic.

*You wanna know what the most important part of a joke is?
^Sure, what's the mo-
*TIMING!!


Posted By:
hugebear Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
hugebear
Member since:
February 2007
Status:
Offline

Posts: 30521
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"MOTBS" wrote:

I haven't read through the whole forum so here is my response to just the topic.  First off, Christianity had already spread far and wide by the time such events happened, so even if it did die off in the area, it would have probably made a revival. Second, having religion helps people get through the darkest times. I will assume your not religious because if you were then you would know that being religious really does give you hope in life, and I'm not trying to insult you. Third, with the base of your question you could easily replace 'Christianity' with 'English monarchy'. I realize that the English government has greatly changed throughout the years but so has Christianity. I mean, you haven't seen many Christians hunting witches lately, have you?

So, to summarize, it had been around too long, affected too many people and has adapted to much to have 'died'



I agrees with this and I does hope the Christian religon does evolve more to be more tollerant. Its way behind on somethings like the accepting that female priests [in catholic churches] and the  gender equality and gay marriages.  Its mostly the gender related things what the Christian religion needs to evolve in.

Im not the expert but this is me observations 

___________________________
hugebear from gracie and mia
classicalmusicisepicdonethis for me siggy :love thank you

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy


hugebearkeep calm and hug ted


Posted By:
MOTBS_2299819 Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
MOTBS_2299819
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 78
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago

"hugebear" wrote:

"MOTBS" wrote:

I haven't read through the whole forum so here is my response to just the topic.  First off, Christianity had already spread far and wide by the time such events happened, so even if it did die off in the area, it would have probably made a revival. Second, having religion helps people get through the darkest times. I will assume your not religious because if you were then you would know that being religious really does give you hope in life, and I'm not trying to insult you. Third, with the base of your question you could easily replace 'Christianity' with 'English monarchy'. I realize that the English government has greatly changed throughout the years but so has Christianity. I mean, you haven't seen many Christians hunting witches lately, have you?

So, to summarize, it had been around too long, affected too many people and has adapted to much to have 'died'


I agrees with this and I does hope the Christian religon does evolve more to be more tollerant. Its way behind on somethings like the accepting that female priests [in catholic churches] and the  gender equality and gay marriages.  Its mostly the gender related things what the Christian religion needs to evolve in.

Im not the expert but this is me observations 


As far as Catholics go, we really never will have female priests or same-### marriage.  Men and women are different, and from the beginning of the church we haven't hid it, we've celebrated it.   As much as our society likes to tell us that there is no absolute truths, the ##### are different. Our bodies, our hormones, our emotions, we're different. When Jesus designated some jobs for men and some for women, he wasn't insulting our abilities, he was giving us the jobs that would best enhance our natural talents.  I'm sure you'd never be able to find a catholic woman who had a strong calling to the priesthood, they might have a calling to religious life as a sister or consecrated v!####, and I thinks that's why, in protestant churches without these vocations for women, women feel the call to being a pastor because there is no other religious roles for women.
   As far as same ### marriage goes, Catholics have always believed that men and women were created to compliment and complete each other. That's why we physically and emotionally fit together. We believe that same ### relationships really are going against nature, and therefore God's law. That's not to say that all Catholics believe that "all gays are evil sinners," far from it. God created us to love one another and we as imperfect people have no right to look down on anyone for any reason (or lack thereof.)   

So, I guess what I'm saying, is that, though Catholics have changed some of their practices, we have never and more than likely will never change any of our beliefs. Not out of stubbornness or arrogance, but because we truly believe that our beliefs are the truth. And you can't change the truth.

*You wanna know what the most important part of a joke is?
^Sure, what's the mo-
*TIMING!!


Posted By:
Alekhine Lock e1691472cafece64304be81c5c9c507a93800d3a6cd5948297266277351b71ef
Alekhine
Member since:
November 2012
Status:
Offline

Posts: 440
Star 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1eStar 771721baa52164faab3e80914eb3e8e418513288f39d7ccffd0d5c4f8d045d1e
Posted over 4 years ago
I don't care about the rest of your post, but this part needs addressing:

  As far as same ### marriage goes, Catholics have always believed that men and women were created to compliment and complete each other. That's why we physically and emotionally fit together. We believe that same ### relationships really are going against nature, and therefore God's law

Gays feel attracted to people of the same gender naturally. It is not an unnatural / artificial thing that makes them that way. Not all men are compatible with women, just like not all women are compatible with men, hence the very existence of gays, ultimately meaning that it's not an absolute truth (as you're asserting) that women were made to compliment men or vice versa. 

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=


Latest Forum Posts

Choose a word to describe yourself?

Basketball or Soccer

Choose a word to describe yourself?

Last one to say pineapple wins!!!!

Last one to say ''Ice'' wins.

LAST ONE TO SAY LOL wins!!!!-moved

Last one to say cake wins-moved

last one to say 'cats' wins!

do you think girls can play basketball

BOMB! | It's back!

Latest Videos

Play Online Games