Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Major Family Issue! Need Advice!

Posted By:
fabiana Lock
fabiana
StarStarStarStar

My grandmother back in Brazil is really sick or so she thinks she is!
Last night she was taken to the hospital!
So far, today, the doctors can't find anything medically wrong with her, but she's complaining about being weak and she says that she is ready to die.
She is 80 years old, which is old, but not that old.
I am very close to her, and I always have been!
She is the one that gave me my name, Fabiana, which means "little bean" as what she said I lokked like when I was born! Yeah, I know that's kinda silly, but it's true!
It was so hard to leave her when we moved here this past december!
My father and mother are going down to see her. My father is a doctor, and she is also my father's mother.
I want to go see her, too, cause I am afraid that it may be the last time I get see her!  Frown
But, my younger brother doesn't want to go!
My parents have said that I can stay here and watch him. I am able to do that, and my parents trust me doing this! I can do the housework, cook, clean, do laundry, and make sure he is off to school on time, an take care of the both of us even though I'm only 13! My sister is in college only about 40 minutes away if we need her for any emergencies, and my BF is only 5 minutes away and he is older, so taking care of my brother would not be a problem.
But  want to go see my granmother also!
The only other option, if I go with my parents, is for my sisiter to take off of college for at least a week and stay here and take care of my brother, and my parents and my sister think that that is a bad idea.
My parents insist taht I stay her and take care of my brother!
Trust me, we've been discussing tis for the last 2 days!
We don't have any family up here, so there is no other choice!
My father doesn't think that it's anything really serious, but I just have this feeling that it is!
Sorry to be so long about this!
Please keep my family, especially my grandmother in prayer!

Posted By:
ILMDGRL
ILMDGRL
StarStarStarStar
Your answer is pretty much in the question. You need to make make you parents sit down and listen too you. Say all the facts you listed in here plus a few things. Here are the things you should consider saying:
1) This could be the last chance to see he
2) She's 80!!! (That's longer than most my family lived)
3) She even gave you your name
4) You college sis can take off and have someone in her class tell her what to study if it's such a big deal!
5) When people say and think they are going to die, normally they loose their will to live and die that way.
6) The face of one of her grandchildren will cheer her up A LOT!
7) A 13 yr old BY LAW and COMMON SCENCE is totally unfit to care for a younger sibling by a log shot!
Hope my advice helped and everything is resolved quickly smile

P.S. I am totally crazy !!

Posted By:
Massabesicgirl
Massabesicgirl
StarStar
 oh I do think you should see her. She is your yia yia (sorry im a little Greek) and you think she's close to fuffiling destiny. If your parents think and im not douting you but you may take care well but if something mager happens I highly dought that you will be able to handle it and you sister is close but also far it doesn't take long for things to happen and your bf may be older but old can also be young hope this helped

We cut flowers because we think their pretty, we cut ourselves because we think we're worthless.
-Haliesmile

Posted By:
fabiana Lock
fabiana
StarStarStarStar
thanks for all of the replies to this!!! I guess I should have followed up on this!
My parents came back and brought my grandmother up here to stay with us for at least until the end of summer! It is soo awesome to have her with us!! She doesn't like the cold, but I told her that it will warm up soon!

Posted By:
nikole84029
nikole84029
Star
hey peeps of dish it my mom and dad are divorced and my dad got remarried but he died in 2006, my mom remarried too and I live with my mom and step dad, but they don't really get along and I don't care for him much either because of the way he treats my mom, what do i do?

Posted By:
AliceStar123
AliceStar123
StarStar
nikole84029: you try to talk to your mom and tell her how you feel about her getting a divorce, having a new husband and what you think about her new husband. if you have relatives nearby your house or good friends that you tell everything to, ask your mom for a sleepover for a few days and tell them about your step-dad. it usually helps to say out loud the things that are bothering us. hope this helped. smile

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

help

Pitbull vs. Mackelmore

Good night

Quote the above user.

NEW AND OLD USERS READ! How to chat/post o...

Breaking Benjamin or Rise Against?

latest videos