Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Legs

Posted By:
feverheights
feverheights
Star
Dear Dish-It,
I'm 13 turning 14 this year and I guess this is the sort of age when girls start shaving their legs. Most of my friends have started; but wait, this isn't about fitting in. I brought it up with my Mum because I was feeling self conscious whenever I wear skirts or shorts, and also, having summer just passed, at the beach in my bikini was torture. My Mum is asian though, as she never actually got hair on her legs, so she assumed I was the same, but because my Dad is Australian, I got genes off him too, and she said "You don't need to shave because I never did and you never need to anyway." I've tried to bring up the subject again lately but she drops it as soon as I pick it up. What do I do??
- feverheights

Music is my soul. xxx

Legs

Posted By:
cuttie1123
cuttie1123
Star
well if your mom says no then if you have a self consince about your legs then i wuld go to a friend or your dad or your school gidence consuler because they might help you

hotty

Legs

Posted By:
Kagamine(=^.^=)Rin
Kagamine(=^.^=)Rin
StarStarStarStarStar
I'm reaaally asian, and I have leg hair. Or maybe I don't, I'm just way to self concious I guess. But anyway, I started shaving at 13 without mom knowing, then at 14 I told her. But she kinda knew all along. And she wasn't that mad. She's just afraid I would cut myself

Legs

Posted By:
fabiana Lock
fabiana
StarStarStarStar
I woud say to shave your legs, anyway!
Are you gonna be in trouble if do shave your legs?
If your mother doesn't believe you that you need to shve your legs, then show her the hair on your legs!
Just make sure you use a good razor to do it, and put moisturizer on your legs afterwards!

Legs

Posted By:
cajuncutie12
cajuncutie12
StarStarStarStar

You have leg hair... and your mom is telling you that "you don't need to"? What? I think maybe your mom might be a little afraid. It could be because she thinks you might cut yourself on accident or that you're 'growing up too fast'. You should try, firstly, being direct with her and not asking her if you can shave your legs, but instead saying "I need to start shaving my legs. I feel self conscious."  If that doesn't work and she refuses to budge, maybe go to a friends house and borrow their razor and shave your legs there. If your mom is right about you not needing to, then she won't notice you've shaved your legs. If she does, then obviously, you should be. And that's a point you can prove to her.

#atyourservice
roll the bones

Legs

Posted By:
Pikachu_Loves_Me:3
Pikachu_Loves_Me:3
StarStarStarStar
All I know is we need legs. (too lazy to read what u said)

Hey Dere :3
Ride Dat Alpaca
I'm also Pixeled, so send friend a request to Pixeled!
:3 (/.0.)/ (>.w.)> \(OwO\)

Legs

Posted By:
TotalWeirdo101
TotalWeirdo101
StarStarStar
im mix of black and filipio im ten i shaved i told my mom how i hate how hairy my legs r and i showed her and she said i can shave its not about fitting in for me none of my friends hit puberty yet just me already had my 2 period 

Legs

Posted By:
Dear Dish-It
Dear Dish-It
StarStarStar

Dear feverheights,

Wow! So much change happening for you. Summer coming up and your body growing... It's nice that you're getting a sense of how you want to be in control of your own body. Talk to you mom a little more about what it means to you to be able to shave your own legs. See if you can talk to your friends about how they talked to their moms about it. 

If you stay constant and patient, you and your mom will probably bond about it and i'm sure she'll respect your wishes.

Good luck!

~ Dish-It

Legs

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar
i don't know really, we people never shaving their legs.. when we get 12 or 13 years, we start to wear long cloths Indifferent  

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

What book are you currently reading?

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Funniest Movie?

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

how many languages do you know?

TYPE THE FIRST ALPHABET YOU SEE ON KEYBOARD!

latest videos