Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

My struggle with Lifelong Depression

Posted By:
bubbasmack
bubbasmack
StarStarStar

I'm just going to write about my ongoing struggle with depression here.

Before I start going into a boring and depressing rant, let me get some things straight:

*I AM NOT GOING TO #### ## ####!!! I may say several times that I want to die, but that's because (due to autism) i have alot of trouble discussing and interpreting my own feelings into a conversation.

* I DO NOT HATE ANYONE, NOR DO I DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN A RACE OR RELIGION!!!

* I don't judge you, but I am more than ok with you judging me. Actually, i prefer it. Go ahead and say something mean to me or something, or point out a flaw i have. Beleive it or not, but when you point out my flaws in a mean way, it makes it easier for me to correct them. So please, don't hesitate to bash me.

*I would greatly prefer that no one respond to my post. No one at all. Im not requesting a pity party, so dont you dare try to tell me how sorry you feel for me, or how terrible my life is. It drives me crazy when people do that.

*Dear Admin: PLEASE excuse the occasional slip of the finger while I type this. While recounting some of my hardest moments in life, I find it very difficult to control my self while creating this, and i dont pay muh attention to the words I write.

Well, Here goes. This will take a long while to read, so don't feel obligated to even start. I just need to vent. (i have autism, dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, and OCD)(im also a self-diagnosed sociopath, but thats more of a hobby)

I grew up as a military brat. I have lived generally all over America and been to other parts of the world. My father was a special forces task leader and a medic. Growing up, we never lived in one place for more than two or three years, so I never really got the chance to make any real freinds. When I did make a freind, I always ended up moving soon aftwerwards. This continued until last year, when we finally settled down in North carolina after my dad got a job as a medical software program and server maintainer.

While in the army, my father was always gone in other countries for two years or more, so I rarely got to see him. When I did, we were always in the process of moving to a new state, so until I was 12 years old, I never spent any time with him. Many nights when he WAS home, he would be very ##### and very angry.

My mother was home for us most of the time. She was usually very tentative to me and my sister's needs. She performed everything that needed doing, and she was the one person that has kept our family together over the years.

My father developed extreme PTSD while in the army, so he often woke up screeming in the middle of the night. I remember one time he was sleep walking, he walked into my room, picked me up and slung me over his shoulder as if I was a wounded soldier. He sprinted down the hall of our house and ran into the window and broke the glass, which gave me several scars on my back. When he woke up, he took me to the emergency room.

My father was very ##### all the time when he was home, so he was ften very irrational. Many times, he would go on and on to me about how much he was dissapointed to have me as a child, and that he wished I would die. That, combined with constantly moving and having no freinds left me feeling very abandoned.

When I was 8 years old, I found myself standing in the kitchen one night with a chunk of a broken wine glass that i had cut my foot on. I dont know why I had the impulse to, but i dug the ragged peice of glass into my fore-arm and scratched one long trail of blood from the middle of my arm up to my shoulder. This one thing (cutting myself) felt so good bacause it was the only thing that I felt I had control over. I decided to hide it under my pillow-case, and i would sometimes cut gashes along my thigh when I felt overwhealmed by life. To this day, I still have the same chunk of glass under my pillow case however, I rarely use it as I have found more effective and safe ways to control my stress.

When my father returned home about 5 months later, he was sent to a mental hospital for two years, because he had become homicidal and was deemed "a danger to society" until his condition was cured. After he was released from the mental hospital, he decided to leave the military.

We moved to a small brick house on a country highway when I was 10 years old. We lived on the bare minimum of money my dad received in compensation for his service to America while my dad went through collueage.

After my dad left the army, he became much more pleasant to be around, and now we have a beautiful father-son relationship. He doesnt rememebr anything he said or did to me when he was serving in the army.

When I was thirteen, I met a very beautiful girl in the seventh grade. Soon, we both became great freinds and developed a very (very) intimate relationship. We both were drawn to each other because of our similar experiences with parents hating us. Today, I still consider her to be the best thing that has ever (and brobably will ever) happen to me.

She had a gay brother that was three years older than her, and her parents were "Catholic". Because they were "Catholic," they hated him, and they hated their daughter because she supported her brother. Beacuse we lived in a very 'country' area, racism and the hate of gay people was very strong, so most people hated her brother.

The new emotional experiences I had while dating my girlfreind pushed me towards writing poetry. However, I rarely wrote anything about the god experiences in my life.

After dating her for about a year and a half, her aunt got custody of her and she moved to maine. Here is what happened:

I mentioned earlier that she had a gay brother several years older than her. I also mentioned that her damned "Catholic" parents hated both of them. Well, her brother commited suicide by hanging himself after being beaten by a group of college kids who were for the 'white-supremacy', and his ####### hateful "Catholic" damned parents WOULDNT GIVE HIME A DAMNED FUNERAL because he was ####### gay!!! So, her aunt took custody of her form her abusiive parents and she move to maine. Out of my life, just like that. Forever.

And I hate myself so musch for it, because I was so selfish that I cared more about my self and how I would feel when she left than I did about her brother commiting suicide and having to leave, and i never tried to help her once. I was so selfish, and I hate my self for it, and I want to die so that I wouldnt have to live with the guilt of letting her go without ever considering her feelings.

I started high school, and we moved to Raleigh because my dad got a medical software maintenence jobs paying very good money. I wanted to play footbal, but the season had already started and so i couldnt play, so i started running track.

About a weak into the school year, I had to get surgery to have an extra tooth removed from my sinus cavity. Later, i developed a sinus infection in that same spot, which spread up to my brane and down into my esouphogus, which put me into the hospital for 6 months and almost killed me. Because i was in the hospital for so long, my grades fell.

So far, thats everything that happened to me.

Suicide is terrible. If you arent part of the solution, your are part of the problem.

Spread kindness, be a lost soul's solution.

Give someone a reason to live

I am begging you all.

Posted By:
Gingerkissx
Gingerkissx
StarStarStarStarStar
...wow.

Ginger|Melissa

Posted By:
missmarilyn
missmarilyn
Star
Hi, My name is Jessi and i have depression as well. Mine is due to my health. its is seriously a struggle every day. just getting up out of bed sometimes is hard. but i'm trying to learn to cope with it. your a really strong person. I am very happy that your relationship with your dad is better. Its cool to meet someone who understands you. It makes me so angry that people did that to your friends brother. I know better times are coming for you. If you ever just need to talk, i'm all ears. smile

jessi

Posted By:
bubbasmack
bubbasmack
StarStarStar
I posted this more for myself that I did to show other people. I just had to tell someone about (most of) what has been going on thats been bugging me, and I can't tell people in real life because they would look at me like im different, and I hate it when people do that. I didnt post it so that people would feel sorry for me, I posted it so I could get it off my chest, lose a little stress, and stop feeling sorry for myself. Its complicated.
Btw, thx for sharing whats happened to you. Its nice to know that other people have gone through at least remotely similar things as me. Im glad you didnt just post to say how sorry you feel for me.
This was just the gist of whats been irking me though, there is alot more to me than whats up here, and im sure the same goes for you.
Thx for sharing, though. Btw, there is nothing wrong with being bisexual. Im not exactly the straightest branch on the tree myself :P
Take care

Bubbasmack

Suicide is terrible. If you arent part of the solution, your are part of the problem.

Spread kindness, be a lost soul's solution.

Give someone a reason to live

I am begging you all.

Posted By:
21inkiepielover
21inkiepielover
StarStarStarStarStar
My grandfather passed away at March 6th 2011,It's hard for me because I rly missed him and I had no ############# Jade).Now I do.

Rest in Peace,Robin Willams ;-;

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
advice too you?

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Posted By:
superkewlgurl4lyf
superkewlgurl4lyf
StarStarStarStar
You are brilliant. People are beautiful. 

kitty

Posted By:
Hannarr_Jellybabyy
Hannarr_Jellybabyy
StarStar
PixelyPixel, this depression thing is not funny

that's what i said

Posted By:
noordinarygirl
noordinarygirl
StarStarStarStarStar
Well, look at this. What a sad, little pity party for all of us this is turning out to be.

I don't trust myself to say too much for various reasons, but here's what I will.

People are people. Maybe they're posting these things for attention, maybe because they think they're helping, maybe they're doing it with subconscious ulterior motives. You don't want us to reply and you don't want sympathy, and yet you put it in the boards. Your post says not to respond, but yet a bunch of "inconsiderate" (to quote Annabeth) people responded, myself included. And for what? It seems like just another big jumble of human mess, which I see quite often online nowadays.

What does relating experiences do? Are we trying to find a scrap of bad in our lives and twist it to pretend we can all somehow understand each other?

True, some are heartfelt sentiments, and some (or one, that Pixel fool, for starters) are just idiotic. But they bring important things to our attention. We're not the only ones hurting. There are others who have it worse. We need to do something.

I guess that concludes my stupid ranting for now, and I should probably sum it up with some nice fortune cookie words of wisdom. For once, I really have none. I just hope it gets better for all of us, and for those of us who have it coming.

"Knowledge itself is power."
-Sir Francis Bacon

Posted By:
IhascupquakeJR
IhascupquakeJR
StarStarStarStar
My life has been ok I guess but whilst I'm here I should say why I feel depressed.
I have a horrible and life controlling phobia. I am a huge hypocondriac so everytime I

Hipster, Geek, Feminist, Tomboy, Nerd, Daredevil,
Crazy,Cool,Foodie,Weird

Gay

Gay is ok

Stewie

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Lions Or Tigers

Pancakes Or Waffles

Justin Bieber or Austin Mahone ?

How do you feel today ?

What's ur best colour

What came first the chicken or the egg?

latest videos