Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Religious Decisions and how to Voice Them?

Posted By:
Dementio
Dementio
StarStarStar

Hiya, Dementio here.

Last year, I decided to go from being Christian to Atheist because I wanted to keep an open mind.

But this year I grew tired of not knowing what I believe in and I wanted to seek answers. I have a good friend who invited me to talk to his church's minister. Being open minded and all, I agreed to go. I thought what the minister was saying was really interesting. So I've been trying to learn more about their religion, but I've been doing it under the radar of my family. My friend invited me to go to church with her sometimes, and I want to, so I think it's about time my family knew.

But here are the problems; first off, I don't want them to think that I've been brainwashed. I want them to know that this is my choice; I'm putting a lot of research into it, and not jumping in head-first.

Now here's the super tricky part. My mom thinks that my friend and I are dating. We're not dating, but she thinks we are because we went to the Prom together and we spend a lot of time together. Little does she know that we mostly spend time together when he's inviting me to her church-based events so that I can learn more. Plus, my mom kind of thinks I date all my friends that are girls. I don't want my mom to think that she's forcing this upon me, because she's not. She told me very clearly that I can walk out on the religion at any time, no hard feelings.

Most of all, I'm worried that my mom will think I'm only looking into this religion to impress her. I would never do that, even if I did want to think of her as more than a friend. I'm looking into the religion because it's offering me the guidance I've been seeking.

So here's my predicament .... 
How would I tell my mother about my decision, if she's prejudice about every choice I've made? I'm stumped, and I need some decent advice.. 

I Try to be Something I'm Not,
Just to Make you Smile.
I Try to make you Laugh,
Even When I'm in Pain.
I Try to Make you Happy,
By Lying to Myself …

AnD nOw I've Snapped.

Posted By:
pinkrockgirl
pinkrockgirl
StarStarStarStarStar
Wow. Try telling her everything you just wrote here. You know exactly what she's gonna think and say so tell her something like this: ''No mom those are not my intentions. I'm doing this because-'' and then say exactly what you wrote. You know? Hopefully she'll understand smile

Posted By:
RawrSkittles=)
RawrSkittles=)
StarStarStarStarStar

"pinkrockgirl" wrote:

Wow. Try telling her everything you just wrote here. You know exactly what she's gonna think and say so tell her something like this: ''No mom those are not my intentions. I'm doing this because-'' and then say exactly what you wrote. You know? Hopefully she'll understand smile

Posted By:
Dementio
Dementio
StarStarStar
.. Well.. That's easier said than done. If you had the chance to meet my mother, you would understand my predicament. She's uptight, judgemental, and plain.. Rude, honestly.
I appreciate the incentive in your actions, but.. It seems I don't have much of a choice than to follow your advice, if I want to get this off my chest. 
I guess I just needed some motivation.

I Try to be Something I'm Not,
Just to Make you Smile.
I Try to make you Laugh,
Even When I'm in Pain.
I Try to Make you Happy,
By Lying to Myself …

AnD nOw I've Snapped.

Posted By:
pinkrockgirl
pinkrockgirl
StarStarStarStarStar
Oh I see, sorry. I hope she softens up for you..  

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Should politicians push for free healthcar...

FIFA 14 Good Or Bad

latest videos