Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

My Mom won't accept that I'm gay.

Posted By:
TymeLawd Lock
TymeLawd
Star
My mom really doesn't want me to be gay. She said that I'm not allowed to be gay and she pulled me out of school and forced me into homeschool because of it! There is literally no way to get though to her! Help!

Posted By:
Teh-Skittals
Teh-Skittals
StarStar
I had a friend who went through the same thing. His mom was in denial for a while, then it finally sunk in. He went through so much trying to get her to understand, but I think your mom may do the same. It might take what seems like forever but she'll realize she loves you because you're her child and you're a part of her. This might be a kind of a "shock" phase that a parent would go through after finding out. How long has she known?

Hello, my name is Alicia and I am new to KW I've been exploring groups and forums but haven't made many friends yet. Hopefully that can change, I am always open to new friends ♥ ~SKITTALS
(I will probabaly change this later because this is the worst signature ever haha)

Posted By:
TymeLawd Lock
TymeLawd
Star

"Teh-Skittals" wrote:

I had a friend who went through the same thing. His mom was in denial for a while, then it finally sunk in. He went through so much trying to get her to understand, but I think your mom may do the same. It might take what seems like forever but she'll realize she loves you because you're her child and you're a part of her. This might be a kind of a "shock" phase that a parent would go through after finding out. How long has she known?
It's been a while though! She say's we'll get though this "problem" (explicitly meaning me being gay) and she's used homophobic slurs towards me and she told me I was "filling other people's heads with poison" by telling them that I'm gay. 

Posted By:
Teh-Skittals
Teh-Skittals
StarStar
There's not much to do, honestly. You can only try to a certain extent, whether she'll finally accept it is her choice. I don't know what it's like in your shoes, but you had the courage to say who you really are. (I haven't even told my parents I'm bisexual and it's been at least three years.) If she doesn't accept you for who you are then you may just have to find a way to live with it, if you love her enough. It took my friend's family over a year to accept it, but if you're mom truly loves you she'll come to see that it's okay. I'm not saying she doesn't but I have faith she'll change her mind. Have you tried sitting down and talking it through with her? 

Hello, my name is Alicia and I am new to KW I've been exploring groups and forums but haven't made many friends yet. Hopefully that can change, I am always open to new friends ♥ ~SKITTALS
(I will probabaly change this later because this is the worst signature ever haha)

Posted By:
TymeLawd Lock
TymeLawd
Star

"Teh-Skittals" wrote:

There's not much to do, honestly. You can only try to a certain extent, whether she'll finally accept it is her choice. I don't know what it's like in your shoes, but you had the courage to say who you really are. (I haven't even told my parents I'm bisexual and it's been at least three years.) If she doesn't accept you for who you are then you may just have to find a way to live with it, if you love her enough. It took my friend's family over a year to accept it, but if you're mom truly loves you she'll come to see that it's okay. I'm not saying she doesn't but I have faith she'll change her mind. Have you tried sitting down and talking it through with her? 
yes I have. She basically screamed at me (btw I was pushed out of the closet to her.) and its been 2 years and she still hasn't accepted it. 

Posted By:
Teh-Skittals
Teh-Skittals
StarStar
I'm sorry. I will be here if you need someone to talk to, I may not be much help but I will try! It might also help if she hears it from someone else that it's okay you're gay. Sometimes it takes more than one person to finally convince someone it's alright.

Posted By:
-GingerSnaps
-GingerSnaps
StarStarStarStar
if you feel that way then let her know tell her about your feelings and make her accept your gay everyone really should even if their your parents smile

Posted By:
FailingToAppeal
FailingToAppeal
StarStarStar
Yeah I know the feels. Just keep your head up high and remember that it gets better and to never give up hope no matter what c: 

Posted By:
jasmin_ballerina
jasmin_ballerina
StarStar
I think it's more that she disagrees than not allowing you!
I don't think it's really anyone's choice to allow you or not allow you for the way you are!
I am bi, and my parents kinda have an idea but don't really know for sure!
I'm proud of you for actually coming out and telling your mom! I'm sure that took a lot of guts!
It's not something that I am ready to do right now!
You're gonna have to deal with whatever your parents do to you until you're 18, and I'm sure it really sucks what you mught have to deal with!
Just keep this in mind that I'm sure it must have been a shock for your mom to find out!
Just imagine if your mom had come out and told you that your family was really aliens!!
Hopefully she will come to understand that you are who you are and things will get better!

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
That's sad because eventually she will lose you.

You cannot and will not stop the right thing from happening. But we all can laugh at you while you whine about it. Devil Tongue

← Previous 1 3

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

The Banning Game

The Banning Game

Omg Help Dx

A Real Creepy Story!.....

Free Gift!!!!

A Real Creepy Story!.....