Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

My mom puts FaceBook ahead of her own daughters.

Posted By:
RaylaSan_2562256 Lock
RaylaSan_2562256
Star

I hate Facebook with a passion. It has always annoyed the living day lights out of me and this is why. My mom has an obsession with Facebook, she checks it everywhere she goes, you name it! The mall, at work, in the bathroom, inside restaurants, during a red stop light! Its gotten to the point where I get calls from her bosses telling me that she's been to preoccupied on her phone that its starting to effect her work! If one of my sisters and I were to interrupt her on Facebook she will scream.
What annoys me the most is how she seems to honestly care about Facebook more than she does her own family. I mean just two days ago, I was sobbing in front of my mom begging her to let me finish High School in America, since I'm currently Junior now, and I don't want to move half way across the world to Philippines! She than tells me useless reasons, such as, "You're my daughter!" "You cant take of yourself!" Even though I currently have my own job, get only A's and B's in school, and have gotten several college requests, and more. During my sobbing, I asked my mom why she wasn't listening to me, she told me she was, even though she was staring at her Facebook page probably looking at pictures of puppies! What makes matters worse was when I mentioned the issue of bullying at the new school since I'll be a foreign student, she just brushes it off, even though I was brutally bullied for three years in Elementary school for being the new kid! Oh yeah, she was listening to me all right, she must really love her daughter so much to completely ignore her tears, only to be preoccupied with her Facebook page. I thought for once I might be able to actually talk to her in eqaul standing where she'll actually listen to me instead of at her Facebook page, I guess not. Its unfair I'm almost an adult and she treats me as if I don't understand simple rules like "Dont talk to strangers."

So now I want you guys to give me advice on what should I do...
I want help and I want it now...
Is there anyone I can call?
Is there a sort of person out there who will make my mom have no choice but to actually look at me and listen?
Because I'm scared... I'm scared if I try anything risky such as running away, my mom will just find me and than put me under house arrest for doing something so stupid. All I want is my mom to listen, but I know if I do anything like hide her phone or block Facebook she'll just beat the crap out of me!

Posted By:
donteatcarrots
donteatcarrots
StarStarStarStarStar

"RaylaSan" wrote:

I hate Facebook with a passion. It has always annoyed the living day lights out of me and this is why. My mom has an obsession with Facebook, she checks it everywhere she goes, you name it! The mall, at work, in the bathroom, inside restaurants, during a red stop light! Its gotten to the point where I get calls from her bosses telling me that she's been to preoccupied on her phone that its starting to effect her work! If one of my sisters and I were to interrupt her on Facebook she will scream.

What annoys me the most is how she seems to honestly care about Facebook more than she does her own family. I mean just two days ago, I was sobbing in front of my mom begging her to let me finish High School in America, since I'm currently Junior now, and I don't want to move half way across the world to Philippines! She than tells me useless reasons, such as, "You're my daughter!" "You cant take of yourself!" Even though I currently have my own job, get only A's and B's in school, and have gotten several college requests, and more. During my sobbing, I asked my mom why she wasn't listening to me, she told me she was, even though she was staring at her Facebook page probably looking at pictures of puppies! What makes matters worse was when I mentioned the issue of bullying at the new school since I'll be a foreign student, she just brushes it off, even though I was brutally bullied for three years in Elementary school for being the new kid! Oh yeah, she was listening to me all right, she must really love her daughter so much to completely ignore her tears, only to be preoccupied with her Facebook page. I thought for once I might be able to actually talk to her in eqaul standing where she'll actually listen to me instead of at her Facebook page, I guess not. Its unfair I'm almost an adult and she treats me as if I don't understand simple rules like "Dont talk to strangers."

So now I want you guys to give me advice on what should I do...

I want help and I want it now...

Is there anyone I can call?

Is there a sort of person out there who will make my mom have no choice but to actually look at me and listen?

Because I'm scared... I'm scared if I try anything risky such as running away, my mom will just find me and than put me under house arrest for doing something so stupid. All I want is my mom to listen, but I know if I do anything like hide her phone or block Facebook she'll just beat the crap out of me!

There is a phone line you could call called Childline. They may give you some tips and advice on problems like this. If you have a computer, check out their website, or if not, look in library books to do with stuff like bullying. There is often services to call, which usually includes ChildLine. I hope your mother changes her ways, and I wish the best for you.

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
It's a tad unethical for HER bosses to be calling her child about her work performance no?

Don't talk ABOUT me when I'm not here, because you weren't worthy of talking TO me when I was.

Don't talk negatively about other people's looks when you're too much of a coward to show your picture for others to do the same.

Lastly, and most importantly -

I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
Blind Faith
Blind Faith
StarStarStarStarStar
FB is lame.

Jeffery and Darrel

Posted By:
hydia 5456
hydia 5456
StarStarStarStar
If your mom won't talk to you in the real world. Get a fb account and talk to her there. If that doesn't work. Call Child Services,because what your mother is doing is unexceptional.She's supposed to be the role model and take care of her kids. Not blindly take care of them and on FB 24/7. If your mom doesn't care like you said she doesn't than she won't care if you're taken away from her.

♪Maybe this year I won't be sad on Christmas
Maybe I'll have a happy holiday.
Replace my heart ache and my pain,
With mistletoe and candy canes
This Christmas, could go my way♪

Posted By:
Scourgeheart
Scourgeheart
StarStarStarStarStar
Wow. That's sad. And she really only goes on to look at puppies, you say? Might sound dumb, but what if you guys got a dog? Do you have any pets? Also, how long has your mother been doing this, exactly? It could be a fit of depression. Does she have problems like that? Also, do you have any relatives to maybe go to? If not, it might, yes, like donteatcarrots was saying, be best to call child support/child line. 

Jase and Etrigan
Cain

When I enter a party v v v

Everyone is beautiful, special, and has a purpose in this world. Yes, even you

Posted By:
hydia 5456
hydia 5456
StarStarStarStar

"-Allie-" wrote:

It's a tad unethical for HER bosses to be calling her child about her work performance no?

♪Maybe this year I won't be sad on Christmas
Maybe I'll have a happy holiday.
Replace my heart ache and my pain,
With mistletoe and candy canes
This Christmas, could go my way♪

Posted By:
Aarjan
Aarjan
StarStarStarStarStar
Needs to be fixed. You should guide her through a lesson. her fav place FB is the best place. You have to make a good *lesson*

“To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.”

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

Help for Newibe's

new people

How Many Of Your Friends Are Online?

What/How are you feeling right now?

Math Quiz

Winter!!!!!!shooo nmmm.......FLU.....

latest videos