Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Self-Harm & Eating Disorder

Posted By:
ShaysBrokenPromises
ShaysBrokenPromises
Star
Okay, yesterday, as I was talking to my mom, she noticed the cuts on my wrist and said "You're so stupid, why do you do that? We've given you everything you've wanted." And I knew what she was referring to. To cover it up, I lied and said "There was this pointy things at school in the hallway and I kind of hit my arm on it while I was walking." She seemed to go with it. My ex, whos now my Best Friend and act like my boyfriend ;-; asked for my blades.. I gave him 32 of my blades.. 2 from board cutters, 3 from a shaving thing, 2 from this other shaver whatever, 5 as normal razor blades, 10 from an exacto knife set. And another 10 from an exacto knife set... I already miss them and it's only been one day..Later that night my mom said "You better not cut again, I knew you were lying." Then threatened to hit me if I did. I was hanging out with my best friend and she threatened me again that if I continue to hang out with him, that she will hit me and tell my family I cut. She's taking advantage of my cutting. What should I do?
-
-
-
-
I have anorexia an I've had it for a couple months now. I passed out from lack of food 2 times in one day and that was the only time my mom had cared or noticed. Not eating can cause to miss your period. Which I missed for 2 months, but ate a little to make it continue. I eat a couple bites of breakfast an never eat lunch. My mom forces me to eat dinner, and I just throw it up later. I currently weigh 100 pounds. 103 to be exact. I'm trying to get back on track an ive been eating a full meal here an there, but is there any way I could possibly get back on track a little faster? Every time I would try, I eat junk food and then stop because I know its bad and then go back to starving myself.

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
Firstly, you should not cut. There's plenty of other things you can do instead. She's not actually taking advantage of your cutting, she's talking about doing you a favour.
Secondly, anorexia doesn't quite work like that. You don't "have it for two months and miss your period for two months then eat a little to make it continue". In order to be anorexic, you have to have no period for at least three cycles. What you're describing is more of bulimia or EDNOS. There's no fast track to recovery. You just have to keep pushing forward every day. Try your hardest to eat properly and solve the underlying issues. For me, eating with people helped a lot. My friends would encourage me to eat the same as them and in turn it got easier and easier. At the same time I was working on underlying problems. Chances are you have some control issues to deal with. Good luck.

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
CaptainChubs
CaptainChubs
Star
Why cut urself when you can just cut something like cheese? Dosnt hurt anyone and you can eat it after. kill two birds with 1 stone lol.

Theirs just nothing too it.

Posted By:
-SkittleBaby-
-SkittleBaby-
StarStar
I have a self harm problem and I'm trying my best to get over it just like my eating habits. I barely eat anything. I would not call it anorexia but for the lack of better  words i will. Anyways, I started cutting when I was 13 and haven't stopped since. I never actually bothered to get help. Idky, but i just didn't. Only help I have is my friend Nicole. She has helped me a lot. I haven't did it in almost 3 weeks but i'm still having a hard time not to do it.. as for my eating habit. I JUST DON'T LIKE FOOD, and I am so small for my age. atm I weigh 85 pounds and i'm 15. My parents are always on me about eating but I never listen to them, I just can't help it.

Posted By:
i luv slim shady
i luv slim shady
StarStarStarStarStar
I'm a person who is still recovering from self harm. I always will. I'm almost seven months clean and I feel like the reason I have survived is to help people who have gone through things similar to me. My mom is the same way about self harm. She feels it's selfish and dumb so I, like you, was alone. What worked for me, and I'm not saying this will definitely work, is find out exactly why you're self harming and try to get rid of the triggers in your life. Next, throw away all your blades and instead grab out a pen and some paper and write down exactly what you feel next time you want to cut. As sloppy as you want to. Tear the paper up and flush it down the toilet. All those bad thoughts are gone. Then write good thoughts, just one if it's all you can do, and save it. Do the same thing each time you're triggered and read over all the good thoughts. Don't be afraid to talk to a friend or a school councilor. Know that someone does care and it will work out. You might relapse and that will be okay. Relapse is a part of recovery. Just don't give up. Keep fighting. Because one day, you'll be okay.

Look in the mirror and fix yourself up. Wash away those tears Be strong honey Suck it up No one else can know Paint on your smile and walk away. You have to pretend your fine.

If it didn't matter you wouldn't be thinking about it.

Posted By:
missy_ballet
missy_ballet
StarStarStarStar
I've never been a cutter, so I really don't understand why someone would wanna hurt themselves!
I can just say that it can't be a good thing to cut yourself, and I hope that you get some help.
What if one day you accidentally cut yourself too bad and you die?

DANCE
"The body says what words cannot."
-Martha Graham

thanks for reading my post!! please add me!!!!!

Posted By:
CandyDreamer Lock
CandyDreamer
StarStarStarStarStar

"Kirsteeeeen" wrote:

Firstly, you should not cut. There's plenty of other things you can do instead. She's not actually taking advantage of your cutting, she's talking about doing you a favour.

Secondly, anorexia doesn't quite work like that. You don't "have it for two months and miss your period for two months then eat a little to make it continue". In order to be anorexic, you have to have no period for at least three cycles. What you're describing is more of bulimia or EDNOS. There's no fast track to recovery. You just have to keep pushing forward every day. Try your hardest to eat properly and solve the underlying issues. For me, eating with people helped a lot. My friends would encourage me to eat the same as them and in turn it got easier and easier. At the same time I was working on underlying problems. Chances are you have some control issues to deal with. Good luck.

Posted By:
Jazmine4littleM Lock
Jazmine4littleM
StarStarStar

"missy_ballet" wrote:

I've never been a cutter, so I really don't understand why someone would wanna hurt themselves!

I can just say that it can't be a good thing to cut yourself, and I hope that you get some help.

What if one day you accidentally cut yourself too bad and you die?

You feel like you're releasing all the pain in side you, it feels wonderful.
That's what my best friend said; she's a cutter.

Love me. Hate me. I don't care. But you will respect me.

Posted By:
Terrorr
Terrorr
StarStar
You need to realize What or Who is causing you to hurt yourself and conquer that or ,cut that person out of your life.A friendship is not worth you hurting yourself.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

We the Kidz

Should respect be based on age? ( I am old...

Friends

Friends

What was the last thing you ate?

Should respect be based on age? ( I am old...

latest videos