Kw-halloween-logo-small

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

I think I have depression.

Posted By:
SpaceKitty14
SpaceKitty14
StarStarStarStar
With nobody to tell!!! I think about suicide a lot and I based a character in a book I'm writing about how I feel sometimes. I'm scared to talk to anyone.

Sixth grade is awesome!

Posted By:
caitlin0504
caitlin0504
StarStarStar
In an experiment a person came name more negative things, then positive things. Think of the positive things in life. Friends, teachers and people who care for you!.
I am going through depression too. What has helped me is telling the teacher about it in break or lunch! Just explain to them or your parents what is making you so depressed and hopefully the teacher/helper should help you. If you do not feel comfortable telling one of your family members tell an adult at school. I would recommend telling your form teacher or a helper around school. Also make it clear that you want it to  stay private.
Hope this helps. Remember if you give up your life then that is truly waste. This may sound harsh but there is starvation in other countries so remember that.
Tell me what happerened on private message.
XOXO

GlitterLover

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
I know I'm going to sound really terrible for saying this, but I don't know why you posted this here. No one online can really help you. If you're truly concerned go talk to a doctor. None of us can diagnose you or do anything for you. You have to help yourself by taking a step and telling an adult, such as a teacher, school counselor, or doctor.
There's a difference between being depressed and having depression. I want to share these quotes with you from an article I read that I think explains it very well.

"I have those times where I start crying while brushing my teeth and I'm not sure why. We've all experienced this to an extent. You go through a patch where staying in bed all day isn't just the better option -- it's the only one. But as blue as things may look at that point, a lot of us are lucky enough to have the ability to say "I'm feeling depressed," as opposed to "I have depression."

There's a big difference between those statements, and the key word is feeling."

"Let's call my friend Hubert. Why? Because Hubert is a funny name, and nothing about this situation is funny.

Hubert went through some life changes. Some things turned out less than desirable for him, but all in all, Hubert would agree that nothing terrible happened to him. This is a common misconception about depression -- you don't have to have a traumatic home life, a horrible experience or witness the death of a loved one to become depressed. Depression has no rhyme or reason. It just happens."

I know in your bio you've mentioned bullying, which leads me to think that is a possible cause for you to feel depressed, but it doesn't cause depression.  I'm sorry that you have to go through that, and that is definitely a concern for you to talk about with a trusted adult. But self diagnosis is almost never correct, on any mental illness or disorder. You know yourself best, but you should leave it to the professionals to guide you through it.

Good luck.

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar

"Kirsteeeeen" wrote:

I know I'm going to sound really terrible for saying this, but I don't know why you posted this here. No one online can really help you. If you're truly concerned go talk to a doctor. None of us can diagnose you or do anything for you. You have to help yourself by taking a step and telling an adult, such as a teacher, school counselor, or doctor.

There's a difference between being depressed and having depression. I want to share these quotes with you from an article I read that I think explains it very well.

"I have those times where I start crying while brushing my teeth and I'm not sure why. We've all experienced this to an extent. You go through a patch where staying in bed all day isn't just the better option -- it's the only one. But as blue as things may look at that point, a lot of us are lucky enough to have the ability to say "I'm feeling depressed," as opposed to "I have depression."

There's a big difference between those statements, and the key word is feeling."

"Let's call my friend Hubert. Why? Because Hubert is a funny name, and nothing about this situation is funny.

Hubert went through some life changes. Some things turned out less than desirable for him, but all in all, Hubert would agree that nothing terrible happened to him. This is a common misconception about depression -- you don't have to have a traumatic home life, a horrible experience or witness the death of a loved one to become depressed. Depression has no rhyme or reason. It just happens."

I know in your bio you've mentioned bullying, which leads me to think that is a possible cause for you to feel depressed, but it doesn't cause depression.  I'm sorry that you have to go through that, and that is definitely a concern for you to talk about with a trusted adult. But self diagnosis is almost never correct, on any mental illness or disorder. You know yourself best, but you should leave it to the professionals to guide you through it.

Good luck.

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
Out of thousands of devils that are plaguing the human soul, depression seems to be the most powerful one. The source of its power comes inevitably out of its correctness and an intellectual mind is bound to become affected by truth no matter how dark it is. Life consists of consecutive phases of melancholia with slight bursts of happiness which seem too powerful for the human soul to bear. If you are lucky enough to experience those rare moments of happiness you find them to be intoxicating and they force you to cling back to life. A few moments afterwards you are again dealing with the same heaviness of depression. With depression you are stuck in a loop, the thoughts are reoccurring and never-ending. You wish for something to break the cycle but nothing happens, you miss deadlines and the pressure grows bigger and bigger as you rot. You wish you were dead but you don’t have the guts to pull-off suicide because you are fooled by the rare moments of happiness. The depressed person possesses eyes that capture the colorlessness of the world and that remains the more realistic way to experience this circus of suffering. In its core the depressed person remains an entity doomed to suffer and the eternal darkness becomes their home. At the end of each painful phase absolutely nothing is changed. No deeper knowledge can be obtained about the nature of it and the whole experience has been suffering without a cause. The analytical mind stands in awe as it can’t decipher the illogical nature of depression. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
You know when the water in the pool is cold but not so cold that you wont get used to it once you are in? If yes you probably have been in this situation where you are standing at the edge of the pool wanting to go in but something is holding you back. All your friends in the pool have fun, you have been trough this a thousand times and you know everything will be okay once you are in but still something inside you makes it hard for you to jump into the pool. 
Depression is like that just with every single thing you do. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Depression is like being in a big deep pit where you have no food and water and can't climb back up. Every time you try to dig little trenches in the side and try to climb back up you just feel yourself slipping and falling back down. You are trapped in the hole for day and night and can't think or do anything but be stuck in the big evil hole. You're tired, hungry, want to leave, but you just can't. Eventually you feel that there is nothing that can be done except rot and die and that is how you're feeling. You just want to die but you can't even do that 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Pretend that you fell asleep at the wheel and were in a severe car accident at night with the people you care about most. You're pinned in the wreckage, and everything around you is dark. Depression is the moment after impact: the shock, the fear, the confusion, the disbelief that what you're experiencing is real. And no one is coming to help you. You can't eat (food tastes like nothing). You can't sleep (there is no escape that way). You can't form thoughts or words. You can't find or rescue yourself. Anxiety and panic overwhelm you. But there is also no accident to blame and no medical tests that confirm your pain. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Imagine being in a dark room with your worst enemy. There are no windows, lights or doors. Your enemy is shouting at you. You don't know why. The room is sadness. The person is your thoughts. You're trapped within your own sadness, with your own thoughts shouting at you. You hear people outside the window. They're telling you to just get out - because you're stupid for being like this. But you can't get out. You just have to sit there and listen to your thoughts screaming at you. You sit in the corner, alone. You don't even remember coming into the room, or what it's like outside the room. You don't remember happiness and there is no way to escape. 
That's the reason why so many people commit suicide. It's because it's the only way to escape 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
Depression is a layer of misery, underlying everything that you do. Any momentary happiness is weighed down by it, and you always know that once that distraction leaves, you will be back where you were, drowning in that sadness and unable to escape. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

if you relate to those, you probably have depression.

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Posted By:
Zelittledoctor
Zelittledoctor
StarStarStarStar
I'm in the same phase as you.
I have no idea what to do.

Southparkified Zelittledoctor
I love Kenny.

WINDOWS 98 RULZ

"Sure I am! Whats your point?"

Godmonster Stole My Bike!
GODMONSTER STOLE MY BIKE

Posted By:
polkadotsrule
polkadotsrule
Star
I kinda feel like i`m all alone. Worried

Hate is Overrated, I may not be strong physically but mental strength is just a good. I`m not a Nerd,A Geek,or A Loser. If anything I`m a Hater Rebel, If you want you can call be Rebel.

Posted By:
polkadotsrule
polkadotsrule
Star
I need someone to tell what goes on inside my head but when i try to tell them they`re like " stop doing stupid sh** because i don`t have time" i`m not trying to judge but how do i get them to believe me. 

Hate is Overrated, I may not be strong physically but mental strength is just a good. I`m not a Nerd,A Geek,or A Loser. If anything I`m a Hater Rebel, If you want you can call be Rebel.

Posted By:
Tamia2013
Tamia2013
StarStarStarStarStar
Yep that's me depression. That's my new name.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Crush

Crush

What if~

Chiken vs Pizza

what are you being for halloween?

50 posts today!

latest videos