Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
dogfobia
dogfobia
Member since:
December, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 592
For those who already don't know, I have overprotective parents. I'm already 13 and I'm still not allowed to do somethings that lower aged kids are allowed. And most kids my age already get to do these stuff. I've already talked to them but they still think I'm too young. And I have good grades and super mature for my age.
List of things I'm not allowed to do: go outside alone, go to the backyard alone, go to movies, wear makeup, get a pet, date, have a phone, have fa-book, eat things without asking, buy things, go on youtube, call my friends, go to friends house, invite friends over,etc
Like seriously how am I supposed to live my childhood right without doing any of these things. I've already talked to them a bunch of times and they say I can do it when I'm 18. Please help me!!!

louDumb PeasantLouliam and louis slipping

And I'll be gone gone tonight
The fire beneath my feet is burning bright
The way that I been holdin' on so tight
With nothing in between ~ Story of My Life by 1D


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
missy_ballet
missy_ballet
Member since:
September, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 225

"dogfobia" wrote:

For those who already don't know, I have overprotective parents. I'm already 13 and I'm still not allowed to do somethings that lower aged kids are allowed. And most kids my age already get to do these stuff. I've already talked to them but they still think I'm too young. And I have good grades and super mature for my age.

List of things I'm not allowed to do: go outside alone, go to the backyard alone, go to movies, wear makeup, get a pet, date, have a phone, have fa-book, eat things without asking, buy things, go on youtube, call my friends, go to friends house, invite friends over,etc

Like seriously how am I supposed to live my childhood right without doing any of these things. I've already talked to them a bunch of times and they say I can do it when I'm 18. Please help me!!!


You should consider a lot of things!
To you they may seem over protective, but I'm sure that they have your best interests in mind! They are just looking out for you and want to make sure that you stray out of trouble and don't do wrong things or get involved with wrong things!
As far as your friends saying that they can do this or that they can do that, I'm sure that you friend's parents have restriction, too. That's usually one of the big bragging rights, at 13, with your friends. Saying that their parents let them do this or let them do that!
In a way, be glad that your parents have restrictions n what you can and cannot do.
And the last thing is that you should calmly, and I emphasize CALMLY, talk to them about your restrictions and the rules! Maybe f you discuss with them why they have set these rules, you can understand them and they can understand you!


DANCE
"The body says what words cannot."
-Martha Graham

thanks for reading my post!! please add me!!!!!


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
Member since:
February, 2012
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 11728

"missy_ballet" wrote:



"dogfobia" wrote:


For those who already don't know, I have overprotective parents. I'm already 13 and I'm still not allowed to do somethings that lower aged kids are allowed. And most kids my age already get to do these stuff. I've already talked to them but they still think I'm too young. And I have good grades and super mature for my age.



List of things I'm not allowed to do: go outside alone, go to the backyard alone, go to movies, wear makeup, get a pet, date, have a phone, have fa-book, eat things without asking, buy things, go on youtube, call my friends, go to friends house, invite friends over,etc



Like seriously how am I supposed to live my childhood right without doing any of these things. I've already talked to them a bunch of times and they say I can do it when I'm 18. Please help me!!!


You should consider a lot of things!
To you they may seem over protective, but I'm sure that they have your best interests in mind! They are just looking out for you and want to make sure that you stray out of trouble and don't do wrong things or get involved with wrong things!
As far as your friends saying that they can do this or that they can do that, I'm sure that you friend's parents have restriction, too. That's usually one of the big bragging rights, at 13, with your friends. Saying that their parents let them do this or let them do that!
In a way, be glad that your parents have restrictions n what you can and cannot do.
And the last thing is that you should calmly, and I emphasize CALMLY, talk to them about your restrictions and the rules! Maybe f you discuss with them why they have set these rules, you can understand them and they can understand you!

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

SPOILER
CLICK IT
I KNOW YOU WANT TO
JUST CLICK IT BEFORE I STAB YOU WITH A SPOON
DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
Member since:
April, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Online
Posts: 10706

"brunostar" wrote:



"missy_ballet" wrote:








"dogfobia" wrote:




For those who already don't know, I have overprotective parents. I'm already 13 and I'm still not allowed to do somethings that lower aged kids are allowed. And most kids my age already get to do these stuff. I've already talked to them but they still think I'm too young. And I have good grades and super mature for my age.







List of things I'm not allowed to do: go outside alone, go to the backyard alone, go to movies, wear makeup, get a pet, date, have a phone, have fa-book, eat things without asking, buy things, go on youtube, call my friends, go to friends house, invite friends over,etc







Like seriously how am I supposed to live my childhood right without doing any of these things. I've already talked to them a bunch of times and they say I can do it when I'm 18. Please help me!!!


You should consider a lot of things!
To you they may seem over protective, but I'm sure that they have your best interests in mind! They are just looking out for you and want to make sure that you stray out of trouble and don't do wrong things or get involved with wrong things!
As far as your friends saying that they can do this or that they can do that, I'm sure that you friend's parents have restriction, too. That's usually one of the big bragging rights, at 13, with your friends. Saying that their parents let them do this or let them do that!
In a way, be glad that your parents have restrictions n what you can and cannot do.
And the last thing is that you should calmly, and I emphasize CALMLY, talk to them about your restrictions and the rules! Maybe f you discuss with them why they have set these rules, you can understand them and they can understand you!


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
Macbarbie09
Macbarbie09
Member since:
May, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 828
my mom= Over protective. 

WHY IS MY MOM OVERPROTECTIVE?? 


My Mom wears my stuff
She makes me chase her
She treats my family like we are a Bunch of Slaves!!


Hey guys! welcome to my forums! Here are some
pics to explain my forums:
Heart With Pedals!!! :)

Nyan Cat eatin Donuts!!

Triangular art

rainbow

those are few of my photos to explain my threads
a bit. subscribe to my forums! It's Free, Ya know!


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
JennyD
JennyD
Member since:
June, 2013
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 1240
My parents are protective. They can be overprotective but in a good way. They care about me crossing the streets alone. I still get to go to my friend's house and the movies though. Once my friend's birthday party included going to the movies.

Converse!
Converse.


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
PinkySarah
PinkySarah
Member since:
December, 2013
StarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 43
I am so sorry ! I'm only nine, and I'm allowed to do lot's of things from your list ! I definitely can go to the backyard alone, and I can wear makeup, but with my mummy's permission of course. I am getting a phone in April, I have FB, lot's of my friends and cousins younger than also have FB. I can invite my friends over with my parents' permission and can definitely go on YT. Sorry if I made you feel bad by posting this, but I simply had the urge to do it. I feel really sorry for you.  Big Frown

Peace out !


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
AngelThumbelina
AngelThumbelina
Member since:
September, 2013
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 349
tooooooooooooo much overprotective!!!!!!!!!! thats one of the reasons that i hate my parents.........they r making my life boring for this attitude......i know i am not that old but i am old enough to do such things.......




Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
Lia4Ever
Lia4Ever
Member since:
December, 2013
StarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Oh this is a hard one,well try showing them the things your NOT allowed do with out asking them,show them u can do it maturly.well i don't know if this will work but try.



♥Lia's Life Coaching♥
♥Have A Problem? ♥
♥Ask Me For Advice♥
♥I've Experienced It All ♥


Why I have super overprotective parents?

Posted By:
marinecorplover
marinecorplover
Member since:
March, 2013
Star
Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Ok I'm 16 nd my parents are very overprotective too like I have to ask them permission to date someone nd if me nd my friends want to go to the movies by ourselves a parent has to go with us etc.

#youngwild&free


play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

crazy

crazy

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Why do boys get to post in Girls only

Somebody call 911!

Somebody call 911!