Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Troubles

Posted By:
awesomekittiespitty
awesomekittiespitty
Star
Ok my mom does not believe in depression. She thinks it's In my head. So did my dad before he died. Lately I'm out of focus and I try to explain to my mom that I'm feeling sad all the time. I think I do have depression. I tell her I NEVER want to get out of bed. Not because of regular teenage laziness because I don't know if today anybody would drop dead all the sudden and I I'm scared. Please help. Worried

Troubles

Posted By:
InternetOwl
InternetOwl
StarStarStarStar
Tell your mum depression is very much REAL and is can be very difficult to cope with without help. Go to a doctor first though, to make sure you do have depression.
Just because you're feeling sad, does not always mean depression - always go to a doctor to check. 
Try to calmly explain to her the difficulties of depression and perhaps show her some things about it on the web. Sitting down and talking about it mostly helps and show her how hard it has been for you. Perhaps you could talk to someone at school about it, too, like a school counselor or a best friend. It's always good to get things like this off of your chest. 
But go to a doctor so you can get diagnosed too, she can't deny it then and the doctor will give you things (tablets or therapy) to help cope wit the sadness. 

Don't Blink.

Troubles

Posted By:
JennyD
JennyD
StarStarStarStarStar
I've never dealt with this but I hope I can help! I've seen and read some articles on depression and I think you should check them out if you have not. Also calm yourself down with music.

Converse!
Converse.

Troubles

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
If you're truly concerned go talk to a doctor. None of us can diagnose you or do anything for you. You have to help yourself by taking a step and telling an adult, such as a teacher, school counselor, or doctor.
There's a difference between being depressed and having depression. I want to share these quotes with you from an article I read that I think explains it very well.

"I have those times where I start crying while brushing my teeth and I'm not sure why. We've all experienced this to an extent. You go through a patch where staying in bed all day isn't just the better option -- it's the only one. But as blue as things may look at that point, a lot of us are lucky enough to have the ability to say "I'm feeling depressed," as opposed to "I have depression."

There's a big difference between those statements, and the key word is feeling."

"Let's call my friend Hubert. Why? Because Hubert is a funny name, and nothing about this situation is funny.

Hubert went through some life changes. Some things turned out less than desirable for him, but all in all, Hubert would agree that nothing terrible happened to him. This is a common misconception about depression -- you don't have to have a traumatic home life, a horrible experience or witness the death of a loved one to become depressed. Depression has no rhyme or reason. It just happens."

If you don't want to get out of bed because you're afraid someone is going to drop dead, that's a whole different issues all together. That's not depression. I'm sorry that you have to go through that, and that is definitely a concern for you to talk about with a trusted adult. But self diagnosis is almost never correct, on any mental illness or disorder. You know yourself best, but you should leave it to the professionals to guide you through it.

Good luck.

/// ♡ ///

fob siggy

Troubles

Posted By:
country_gurl16
country_gurl16
StarStarStar

I live with my dad & he always threatens to take my mom to court for child support. but my mom is barely making it own on her own.  I wish I could live with my mom because she  knows how to have fun.

-southern born and raised-

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

LAST ONE TO SAY ICE CREAM WINS-moved

Last Person to say "Merry Christmas" Wins!

Last 1 to say 'India' wins!!!!!

Last one to say Diamond Sword wins!!!!