Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Should i tell?

Posted By:
xXKylaXx13
xXKylaXx13
StarStarStar
Ive been depressed lately. My parents have been asking me if i am but i tell them no. But i feel like i should tell them. Should i? I dont want them to ask me a bunch of questions thou 0.o. But i think i need help.

Normal is boring!!!

Should i tell?

Posted By:
disney princess
disney princess
StarStarStarStarStar
ya should, they are your parents after all and love you

♡Sarah♡

Enjoy life ❤

LET IT GO
Let it Go

Mulan GIF
Be True to your Heart
Frozen GIF 5
Be happy today, and always remain so! ^.^

♥ ❤ ❥ ❣ ♡ ღ ۵ ❦ ❧

Should i tell?

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
ya

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Should i tell?

Posted By:
xXKylaXx13
xXKylaXx13
StarStarStar

"disney princess" wrote:

ok but im scared....then theyll kno i havnt told them everything

Normal is boring!!!

Should i tell?

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar

"xXKylaXx13" wrote:

"disney princess" wrote:

they will be happy you spoke up and admitted it though... and they won't have to worry because they can help you..

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

Should i tell?

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
I know I'm going to sound really terrible for saying this, but I don't know why you posted this here. No one online can really help you. If you're truly concerned go talk to a doctor. None of us can diagnose you or do anything for you. You have to help yourself by taking a step and telling an adult, such as a teacher, school counselor, or doctor.
There's a difference between being depressed and having depression. I want to share these quotes with you from an article I read that I think explains it very well.

"I have those times where I start crying while brushing my teeth and I'm not sure why. We've all experienced this to an extent. You go through a patch where staying in bed all day isn't just the better option -- it's the only one. But as blue as things may look at that point, a lot of us are lucky enough to have the ability to say "I'm feeling depressed," as opposed to "I have depression."

There's a big difference between those statements, and the key word is feeling."

"Let's call my friend Hubert. Why? Because Hubert is a funny name, and nothing about this situation is funny.

Hubert went through some life changes. Some things turned out less than desirable for him, but all in all, Hubert would agree that nothing terrible happened to him. This is a common misconception about depression -- you don't have to have a traumatic home life, a horrible experience or witness the death of a loved one to become depressed. Depression has no rhyme or reason. It just happens."

I know in your bio you've mentioned bipolar, so if you're diagnosed wouldn't they be monitoring you anyway? Also, periods of depression is normal with bipolar; it's a part of the illness. I'm sorry that you have to go through that, and that is definitely a concern for you to talk about with a trusted adult. But self diagnosis is almost never correct, on any mental illness or disorder. You know yourself best, but you should leave it to the professionals to guide you through it.

Good luck.

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

Should i tell?

Posted By:
JennyD
JennyD
StarStarStarStarStar
Tell them! You're depressed 0.0 and you shouldn't be.. Tell everyone that can help you. You shouldn't be sacred to tell them since they are your parents and depression isn't a bad thing compared to doing dr.

Converse!
Converse.

Should i tell?

Posted By:
Hayhayits_DeAnna
Hayhayits_DeAnna
StarStarStarStarStar

"brunostar" wrote:

"xXKylaXx13" wrote:

"disney princess" wrote:

they will be happy you spoke up and admitted it though... and they won't have to worry because they can help you..

"It's funny how people say to be yourself but yet they judge you " BTW if you think I'm gay just bc I have a rainbow in my siggy I'm NOT!!! Okay?! Thank you.

Should i tell?

Posted By:
samanthapandaw
samanthapandaw
StarStarStarStarStar
You need to tell them. I didn't tell my parents when I felt depressed, I just shut everyone out of how I really felt. But they found out through my sister who stole one of my journals and read part of it, and she told my mom. My mom was livid, not because I was depressed, but because I never told her. So yes, it's terrifying to tell your parents, but the longer you put it off, the worse it will get. It's better to just tell them as soon as possible, because they can help you.

am i mad 1

jennifer lawrence

Should i tell?

Posted By:
Jay_00
Jay_00
Star
I think u should totally tell them..so that way they can help or support you.when u do don't be afraid to tell them ur not up to answering a bunch of questions.... be completely honest..they should understand 

If I die today tell them I was here yesterday. if i die tomorrow tell them i was here today. If I don't die tell them I never will.

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Gender Stereotypes

Gender Stereotypes

Gender Stereotypes

Gender Stereotypes

Inspiration - Motivation

Inspiration - Motivation

latest videos