Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Tattoos

Posted By:
adorkable_kelsey Lock
adorkable_kelsey
Star
So lately I've been thinking about tattoos. My mom is completely against them she says "they'll get infected" and im like only if you go to someone who doesn't know what their doing and if you don't take care of it. I really want one (we'll actually two) and they have really good meanings behind them. Their also really pretty. Im also really strong into art and love to draw and design and feel this would be a great way to express who I am. What should I do?

I love you Jordan

Tattoos

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar
Well if your mom doesn't want you to, you really have no choice until you're older. You're under 18, so by law you can't get a tattoo without both of your parents consent.

Tattoos

Posted By:
adorkable_kelsey Lock
adorkable_kelsey
Star
Well yes, but is there anything I can say or do to convince her to let met get one?

I love you Jordan

Tattoos

Posted By:
Karri Iero
Karri Iero
StarStarStarStarStar
Depending on where you live, it may be illegal to get tattoos as a minor, even with permission from your parent.
If it is legal, that is your choice, but you should also value your parents' thoughts on it.
If you do get a tattoo/tattoos, make sure you get it done in a sanitary environment, take care of it properly whilst the area heals and to get something you won't regret later on.

Tattoos

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar

"adorkable_kelsey" wrote:

Well yes, but is there anything I can say or do to convince her to let met get one?

All you can really do is ask her nicely and tell her reasons for why you want to get them. But if she already said no, I don't think it's a good idea because you'll just be getting on her nerves. 

Tattoos

Posted By:
adorkable_kelsey Lock
adorkable_kelsey
Star
Well when I first talked about it she said their stupid, you can get am infection and said nobodys getting one. As in even if im 18 she doesn't want me to get one but by then its my choice and their really isn't anything she can do. I don't want to go against what she said but at the same time this is something I really want.

I love you Jordan

Tattoos

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
I would wait until you can consent.
Not only would it be bad to go against your parents wishes, but you have to remember tattoos are supposed to be permanent. What you love now might be what you hate by the time you're an adult. In my opinion it's best to wait until you can definitely decide on something you'd like to live with forever.

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

Tattoos

Posted By:
Hippiegirl97
Hippiegirl97
StarStarStarStar
You do need to listen to your parents, but when your old enough to get tattoos on your own, it's your choice, after all it is your body, but I would wait if I were you. In the meantime, maybe you could draw on fake tattoos with markers, it's the next best thing

I love God, because God loves me.
God loves me, because he made me.
God made me, because he makes people.
God makes people. because he wants some one to love.
God wants some one to love, because he is love.

Tattoos

Posted By:
mainmuffin
mainmuffin
StarStarStarStarStar
I think you should just wait so you don't get something you regret. 

Tattoos

Posted By:
Dear Dish-It
Dear Dish-It
StarStarStar

Dear Adorkable_kelsey,

Tattoos! What fun! I think tattoos are a great way to express who you are. Your mom gets to make the call right now while you're still a kid, but if you want one after you turn 18 then I think getting one could be fun! 

It's important to do it the right way! Be safe.

It's also good to wait so you know you really do want it! 

Hope this helps.

-Dish-It

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

Should we bring back the death penalty?

Favourite book

Finish the story

ThE WoRd GaMe

latest videos