Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Can A Brother Really Hate You?

Posted By:
JanetDoe
JanetDoe
StarStarStarStar
I don't know. My brother never talks to me except to tell me to do something or tell all me, and we fight all the time. He is just rude. He won't listen to what I say and my parents never do anything. I just wish he would stop criticizing me so much. He says that I can't do anything, that I'm stupid, that I don't care about anyone but myself and it hurts be so much. I really feel like my brother hates me. He doesn't want anything to do with me. We never talk like normal people, whenever I try to start a conversation he'll just blow me off or start a fight and I'm just tired of it. He never says anything nice. All he does is criticize me. He acts like my mom said my father was like. He acts just like my dad. My dad was always saying bad things about my mom and that's why she divorced him in the first place. I care about my brother, and I don't want him to grow up and be like my dad is now. I don't want that to ever happen to him. I care too much but he makes me feel worthless. He makes me cry, for hours sometimes because I feel like nothing after he insults me so much. I don't know what I can do. I'm not really sure I ever will. 

"As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools."

Posted By:
OhhSammie
OhhSammie
Star
Do your parents understand how it is effecting you ?Because You should have your parents set a family counseling for you two and have your brother explain the reason he treats you like this and you should say everything you are putting here to make him realize how you feel.

*insert favorite tumblr gif*
*insert irrelevant quote*

Posted By:
JanetDoe
JanetDoe
StarStarStarStar

"OhhSammie" wrote:

Do your parents understand how it is effecting you ?Because You should have your parents set a family counseling for you two and have your brother explain the reason he treats you like this and you should say everything you are putting here to make him realize how you feel.

I don't think my parents get that it's even going on. I've tried explaining and they just say, "he doesn't hate you" and my brother just yells at me or goes to his room. Explaining is out of the question. 

"As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools."

Posted By:
wolfiegal
wolfiegal
StarStarStarStar

"JanetDoe" wrote:

"OhhSammie" wrote:

I don't think my parents get that it's even going on. I've tried explaining and they just say, "he doesn't hate you" and my brother just yells at me or goes to his room. Explaining is out of the question. 

Okay. Listen up, girlie, because you're going to tell your parents these things:
-What your brother does to you
-How he acts
When they say, "He doesn't do this" or whatever, keep getting at it. If you can, set up cameras around the house to catch him.
Your parents need to know how your brother effects you.
You should not have to go through this. Your brother has some issues.

Evil Wolf
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?

Posted By:
blakbutterfly
blakbutterfly
StarStarStarStarStar

"JanetDoe" wrote:

I don't know. My brother never talks to me except to tell me to do something or tell all me, and we fight all the time. He is just rude. He won't listen to what I say and my parents never do anything. I just wish he would stop criticizing me so much. He says that I can't do anything, that I'm stupid, that I don't care about anyone but myself and it hurts be so much. I really feel like my brother hates me. He doesn't want anything to do with me. We never talk like normal people, whenever I try to start a conversation he'll just blow me off or start a fight and I'm just tired of it. He never says anything nice. All he does is criticize me. He acts like my mom said my father was like. He acts just like my dad. My dad was always saying bad things about my mom and that's why she divorced him in the first place. I care about my brother, and I don't want him to grow up and be like my dad is now. I don't want that to ever happen to him. I care too much but he makes me feel worthless. He makes me cry, for hours sometimes because I feel like nothing after he insults me so much. I don't know what I can do. I'm not really sure I ever will. 

Your mom is quite true. He doesn't really hate you. No, no brother will hate their family. Sometimes, guys react towards people badly because of the feelings inside him. He may have a problem at school (one indication would be that he gets in fights in school or joining a bad gang of friends or refusing to go to school altogether) or from what you say, he sounds like someone who has loads of bad feelings bottled up inside him. Or maybe its just sibling rivalry which is pretty normal these days. Or as you said, since your Dad was horrible and divorced, maybe the divorce had a bad effect on the boy. Its quite possible.
He doesn't really hate you. Its just the anger he has for something else that he can't but help to pour it all down at you. Sometimes, we pour our feelings, irrelevant to whether its sadness or anger, we pour it on the people who we feel most closest to deep down and know that they will be here for you.
If you both go to the same school, I would suggest you to visit your school counselor and talk to him/her and ask them to talk to your brother as well. If you think your brother will get mad at you for this, ask your counselor to involve your parents in the matter because it does have a bad effect on you plus, at a young age, you might get yourself further from social circles and studies, and I refuse to see that happening to a young girl.

Posted By:
darkueen
darkueen
StarStarStar
i think there are one of two things possible one he inherited to many of your dads traits in which case hes just an ### or two hes just doesn't show that he likes you my cousin always says stuff to and about his sister but even though he says these things he'd beet the crap out of anyone if they hurt her and ether way he still love you hes just not showing it try telling him how you feel if that doesn't work then next time he's mean to you do or say something that will show him he cant mess with you stick up for your self and get done what needs to be done to make your life easier if you don't you'll just be stuck miserable for the rest of your life

Sabrina ;D

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Why do you suddenly hate me, Kidzworld?!

They are driving me insane!

Favorite Video Game?

question

latest videos