Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
SOPHlE
SOPHlE
StarStarStarStar
My grandma is visiting for 6 months and the whole time, she's been bossy and mean. Whenever I have my hair down, she'll demand for it to be put up. She thinks it's in my face, but it's not. Once, I told her that I liked it down, and she said "I don't care, I hate it and I don't feel comfortable being seen anywhere near you when it's like that". She says something like this every time I try to disagree with her. Occasionally, I'll sit with slightly bad posture and my grandma yells "sit up!" at me and pushes me hard in the back or pulls me by the head until I sit the right way, according to her standards. Every once in a while, I'll make the mistake of not doing something right (cleaning something, not fast enough). She'll yell at me "I thought you were smarter!" or "I know you can do better than that". Another bad thing is that she tells me what to wear. For example, I'll put on a blue shirt that I love and she'll comment "I don't like that, change it right now". Someone please help, I honestly am going insane.

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
SOPHlE
SOPHlE
StarStarStarStar
P.S. she curses and swears a lot.

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
27CansOfHamOnTheWall
27CansOfHamOnTheWall
Star

I know how you feel. It's not my grandma (actually, it's an aunt), but she acts the same way. There's not a lot you can do, if your grandmother is stubborn, but what you can do is talk to a parent or the grandparent yourself. Maybe she will understand. Hope this helped!

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
CrazyCleats
CrazyCleats
StarStarStar
I know this might sound a bit crazy, but maybe she wants you to be successful or expects a lot from you. Since talking to her doesn't seem to work, maybe try to talk to your parents.i hope this helps Frustrated 

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
donteatcarrots
donteatcarrots
StarStarStarStarStar
Oh dear... Have you talked to your parents about it, for they may do something to help/sort it out... But maybe there's a reason she's been snappy (family problems, coping with deaths etc). Though, if you don't mind me sayin', she's a bit OTT. Maybe even talk to your grandma, with a gentle tone, and ask her why she's always bossin' you about, being mean etc.

-Good Luck-

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
Ashleexo
Ashleexo
StarStarStarStar
My granny is not mean like yours but she can be mean and she doesn't swear at me or put me down. She is strict when we don't listen to her or talk back to her. On time when my parents went away we were over there for a long weekend and I talked back to her and she said "if that was your mom that said that I would tan her behind." Being stupid I said she can't and no she won't. You don't want to know what happened.

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
SOPHlE
SOPHlE
StarStarStarStar
I'm kind of scared to talk to my parents about her... o-o

Mean Grandma

Posted By:
donteatcarrots
donteatcarrots
StarStarStarStarStar

"SOPHlE" wrote:

I'm kind of scared to talk to my parents about her... o-o
o-o

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

What will you be when you grow up?

Life Of The Party by Shawn Mendes

What is your favorite Pokemon?

last one to post a number wins

latest videos