Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
petpalace
petpalace
StarStarStar
When I was little my dad used to smoke but he quit. Then a few months ago I found  a lighter in my dad coat. He said my uncle has asked my dad to carry it and had forgot to get it back i believed him. But  i have seen him smoke and I don't know what to do. If I tell my mum they might get a divorce because she wouldn't put up with it. I'm so mad at him I'm not going to speak to him. What do I do ? Should I tell my mum ? Should  I tell my sister ?

Petpalace

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
jordand08
jordand08
StarStarStarStarStar
Just ask your dad about it...

"If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
- Henry David Thoreau

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
petpalace
petpalace
StarStarStar
I asked why , he said it's relaxing. I ca

Petpalace

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
laura562
laura562
Star
You should tell an adult you trust. This is very important and you should not keep it to yourself

Lolo

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
hugebear
hugebear
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Im sorry for saying this but your Dads the adult. He knows what hes doing. Hopefully he will get through this phase fast. 

Talk to him if you can and tell him how its upsetting you. But its not that serious unless he smokes for the long period of time and then theres the chance of getting cancer. 

from classicalmusicisepic for mesiggy

hugebearkeep calm and hug ted

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
purplelou12
purplelou12
StarStar
 Well, I would tell my dad that it's bothering me, that it's not good for him, and no one except for him is happy about him smoking. If he says he understands those points but isn't willing to quit, deal with it, don't tell your mother, and try to ignore it. 
I hope you figure this out.

Yo people!! Enjoy my awes-fast-abu-ful forum posts!
Iris

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
ps3master
ps3master
StarStarStarStar
Cool, props to him, what brands he use?

The Marine

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
Kirsteeeeen
Kirsteeeeen
StarStarStarStarStar
You don't need to tell anyone. He's an adult and he can make his own choices, albeit some may be mistakes. He's only human. It is his life and his body he's choosing not to respect. In all honesty, it's his business not yours. I get you're concerned and I understand, but it seems like one of those issues you can just leave be.

Name

Signature

I Support Equal Rights

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
kaykay2002
kaykay2002
Star

"ps3master" wrote:

Cool, props to him, what brands he use?
    u seriously think thats cool?

keep calm and love puppies

My dad started smoking

Posted By:
Teh_Skittlez
Teh_Skittlez
StarStarStarStarStar

"Kirsteeeeen" wrote:

You don't need to tell anyone. He's an adult and he can make his own choices, albeit some may be mistakes. He's only human. It is his life and his body he's choosing not to respect. In all honesty, it's his business not yours. I get you're concerned and I understand, but it seems like one of those issues you can just leave be.

On the other hand, however, I think if there's anyone who has a right to tell someone else that they should stop smoking it's the child of a parent.  I don't think it's fair to expect a child to watch their parent go through the negative health effects of smoking, to have to suffer through the potential side effects of second and third hand smoke, or to have to keep a secret that would potentially break up their parents relationship. Yeah, there's the whole right to bodily autonomy thing, but someone else's right to bodily autonomy ends where mine begins, in other words, you lose your right to do whatever you want with your body when it starts to affect me. I'm not advocating a ban on smoking, I just don't think that it's the morally conscious decision for a father to pick up smoking. 

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Big_icon_(5)

Tic Tac Toe is back!

latest forum posts

Another Problem! HELP!

CONTINUE THIS STORY

3 Facts About You!

speak about the above user

latest videos