Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Family Issues
Problems at home? Can’t seem to get along with your sibs? Get help now!

Family Guide

Posted By:
Ayumi 'Boom' Gal
Ayumi 'Boom' Gal
StarStarStarStarStar
How To Get Along With Your Family
You have either a sister, brother or many, or both. You may have a mother, or father, or grans and nans. You have your cousins, aunties, and uncles. You want to get along? Follow these simple rules and read this guide.
My sister is older than me and my brother is younger than me. So basically, I'm the middle child. Do you middle children get treated like dump? I deal with it. I simply just yell and yell and yell till I get loved like the other runts.
How To Get Along With Your Parents
Does it feel like you and your parents just can't see eye to eye? Are you always fighting with them about YOUR life? Is all the arguing and butting heads stressing you out? Follow these steps to find some peace. Difficulty: Hard Time Required: As much as needed! Here's How: Make a list of the things that you and your parents fight about the most. Identify what it is that gets you so upset or angry - are you mad that your parents disagree with you, or are you upset that they can't/won't see your point of view? Decide on a FAIR compromise - a resolution that you can live with and that you think your parents' will accept. NOTE: A compromise means you give up some of your demands - it does not mean that you get your way. Write down your proposed compromise and read it aloud at least three times to see how it sounds. Set up a time to talk to your parents, do not just bring it up over dinner but make an actual appointment and tell them that you have an important proposal to make. Bring your notes with you to the meeting so you can stay on track if/when emmotions get high. You may even want to consider reading the note to your parents like a speech. Before talking to your parents, take a few deep breaths and think calming thoughts. Make a promise to yourself that you will not raise your voice or get angry even if your parents "turn up the volume." When you have presented your case take another deep breath and let your parents talk. Really listen to what your parents have to say. Even if you do not like what they are saying hold back your anger and keep your ears and mind open. Avoid shutting down or growing frustrated. Avoid interrupting them or jumping in with a rebuttal. Just listen and absorb what they say. If your parents reject your proposal, stay focused and avoid getting emmotional. Thank them for their time and express your disappointment that you could not reach a compromise. If your parents accept your proposal, be grateful and assure them that you will not let them down. Then do everything necessary to show them they made the right decision in going along with you. Whatever the outcome, be sure to do what your parents ask of you. By going along with their wishes you build trust and show your maturity which in turn may make them more willing to relax their stand at a future date. If the topic is a very sensitive one and you still can't see eye to eye, ask your parents what they need from you in order for them to consider your proposal. Make a vow to give them what they need and ask them if you can agree to revisit the subject in a few weeks time. If the outcome disappoints you, do not throw a fit. Go to your room and write your feelings in a journal or go outside and ride your bike or punch a pillow to blow off steam. Tips: As a teenager, you are learning to become more independent, and this may be why there is friction in your house. As you and your parents adjust to your new independent self, the fighting will decrease.
How To Get Along With Your sister
Sisters are best friends. You just need to hang out more often. Follow these steps then you will love your sister! Find some time to spend with her! If you are the older one, she will think it's extremely cool that you would hang out with her. If you are the younger one, be nice to her and don't invade her personal space. Stay on your side if you share a room. She will get to appreciate this. Make a list of all the things you like about her. Keep it handy for when you forget. Remember that even if it seems impossible, you are family and because of that simple fact, you must have a few things in common. It's always easier to build common ground if you start with what you already have. Keep an open mind. Just because you're related, it doesn't mean you'll have a lot of the same opinions, thoughts, or lifestyle. Variety is the spice of life! Be willing to listen to each other. If she keeps on bothering you, ask her why. She may feel lonely and annoying you to get your attention! Remember, you don't have to spend all your time with her, just every once in a while, hang out. If you fight with your sister and always fall out you always got to remember that inside you love them. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. If you stay away from each other for a little while, you'll start to get closer!
How To Get Along With Your brother
They've got the same last name as you, they sorta look like you, and you'd probably risk your life to protect them. So why is it so hard to get along with your brothers and sisters? While sibling rivalry might always be a mystery, how to improve your relationship with them doesn't have to be. Difficulty: Hard Time Required: A Couple Minutes, or the Rest of Your Life Here's How: Before you act, take deep breaths. 10 deep breaths are all you need to regain your temper and keep yourself from saying or doing something you'll regret. If you stay composed, you might actually be able to resolve the argument peacefully. Don't let their words get to you. They're only words, after all. No matter how nasty your brother or sister is treating you, be the mature one: instead of fighting back with more insults, just walk away. Pick your fights. Most fights between siblings aren't even worth fighting. Ask yourself, "Do I really care about winning this argument?" If the answer's no, save your breath. Go to your parents, but only if it's a serious problem that you can't solve yourself. And don't approach them in the heat of the fight. Wait a couple of hours, and if you still want to involve your folks, sit down with them and make your point in a mature, even tone, as if you were an adult, too. Give them space. Living under the same roof as someone can be a big drain, even if you're not related to each other. If you and your sibling want to make it to your college years without going crazy, you'll need to take a couple of hours a day to have sibling-free time. If you don't have your own room, then do some of your homework at the library, or find a spot to volunteer at, or go for a jog. And make a pact with your sibling to respect closed doors. Give yourself a break. There's no use aiming for a perfect relationship with your brother or sister, because perfect relationships with siblings don't exist. Know that it's normal to feel jealous, annoyed or frustrated every once in a while. Cherish the happy times with them, even if they're rare occurrences. Those are the moments that'll really stick with you when you're living on your own. Tips: Just 'cause you're the younger sibling, it doesn't mean you have to act that way. Always be mature, even if your older siblings aren't. Just 'cause you're the older sibling, it doesn't mean you always know best. Give your younger siblings the same respect you want them to give you.
How To Have Fun
Family fun nights! Never had those before? You just need to go out as a family, have dinner, and talk about your day. Come home, drink a cup of tea or coffee and then that is all. But one thing, fun? You think parents are all about work? You just need to give them a break, and then have fun with them because they work all day for you.
If you need anymore help, please ask me.

The Vampire Diaries.

ME DEMON DAMON xD

This show is my life. I love Mystic Fall boys. ♥

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Lets all lie!

Good Night! is it Night there now?

Lets all lie!

TYPE THE FIRST ALPHABET YOU SEE ON KEYBOARD!

The Easiest food to cook:)

Words that start with C.

latest videos