Kw-logo-smaller

Roleplay Central

Fantasy
Create your own Fantasy RP or join one that's already made!

Writing Fate (Limited slots, First Come First Served)

Posted By:
Winter_Mage
Winter_Mage
StarStar

Welcome, to a war waged in secret. A war of heroes and villains. A war of magi and the unfortunate mundane. A war waged in secret among seven participants, each summoning a great hero of the past to serve their will and fight their battles. But not all heroes are virtuous and when a wish is at stake, anything can and will happen. 

This is a war over the Grail, a mystical object that selects seven 'masters' to control a hero of one of seven classes. Each master is marked by a unique rune on their dominant hand, and each master has a right to the grail as long as a 'servant' - one of the heroes - is under their control. Each rune also allows a trio of unbreakable orders to be issued to a servant - though after all three are used, the rune fades away  -  In fact, it's easily possible to trade control of servants to another - or steal it off their corpse.

Wizards don't always play nice after all. Past wars have featured serial killers, hired killers, treachery between masters, and the deaths of many participants. There are however, certain rules that are never violated, for they threaten the war itself.

The first is simple - once someone is no longer a master, they are no longer fair game.
Second - no revealing the war to the mundane world. To do so marks you for death among the magical community at large. Cover-ups aren't cheap or easy to do.
Third - All fighting must take place at night. This makes it easier to enforce the second rule and also forms a time that masters can rest and plot - or make alliances, or simply do whatever. 
Fourth - Keep casualties to a minimum. This rule isn't exactly official, in all honesty none of them are 'official' to say, but came into being after one particularly determined master killed another one by bombing the hotel he was staying in. He killed his target but also brought the entire building down, killing hundreds of innocents. 

Of course, there's the classes themselves; which are as follows:

Saber; Hero of the Sword
Archer: Hero of the Bow
Lancer: Hero of the Spear
Rider: Hero of the Mount
Caster: Hero of the Mystic Arts
Assassin: The Hero Killer
Berserker: The Maddened Warrior

Posted By:
Winter_Mage
Winter_Mage
StarStar

And with that out of the way, down to RP rules - 
Be nice, no text talk, no godmodding, no sues. I'm the final arbitrator of your fate - if I say you died, you died etc. Standard stuff.

I'll be assigning a Hero to all of you. Each have their own special weapons and abilities relating to what they did in legend. They'll be under my control as NPC's (And picked by myself) to prevent obvious overpowering, and to keep yourselves from guessing other players hero's identity at first. Plus, it allows me to make sure Berserker acts like a Berserker, Assassin like an Assassin, ETC. For that matter, each class has hidden aspects and abilities beyond the obvious aspect of what sort of fighting style they favor. So keep an eye out. This is as much of a strategy game as a roleplay. Fight smarter, not harder. The identity of a hero is invaluable... which is why I'll PM them along with a basic ability rundown to the Masters. 

Do note that sometimes, myths can have hidden aspects to them. These characters won't be 100% accurate to their historical or mythical counterparts - what fun would that be after all? The entire purpose of this is to have fun, create a suspenseful and tense game full of twists and turns, and above all, have FUN.  I can not state that one enough.

Spots -
Master of Saber:
Master of Archer: Kimples
Master of Lancer: Stagger Lee
Master of Rider: Paladindotexe
Master of Caster: BobertJoe
Master of Assassin: 
Master of Berserker: King Sparky

Sheet:

Name:
Master of:
Magical Abilities (Be creative, but don't make anything extremely powerful or unfair): 
Backstory (Your wish, your likes, why you're participating, that sort of thing): 

You can have a faceclaim if you want.

Posted By:
BobertJoe
BobertJoe
StarStarStar
I am highly interested. We have talked before.

Name: Lewis Brown
Master of: Caster
Magical Abilities: Creating and manipulating puppets. I can elaborate if you wish, though I would prefer that you allow me this large of an Origin.
Backstory: Born and raised in complete isolation, his family never allowed him to talk to any other children, forcing him to instead devote his life to his craft. As a result, he is not at all accustomed to speaking with people, and suffers from chronic social anxiety. He was trained to be the best, though it was never truly his goal. To remedy his constant loneliness, he chose to create, and eventually animate, puppets. With them now being the focus for everything he works with, he has become quite skilled at manipulating them. He joins the Grail War after insistence by his parents. They wish for the fame and prosper of the family. He wishes that he had had a normal childhood.

Posted By:
Winter_Mage
Winter_Mage
StarStar
Seems harmless enough, approved.

Posted By:
Staggerlee
Staggerlee
Star
NameBig Frownarl Münchhausen
Master of:Lancer
Magical AbilitiesDazedpecializes in bolstering and inspiring his allies, be it through enhanced capabilities, driving back fear, or even allowing them to fight on beyond their normal limits. Argues that half of the effect comes from his stories, with the magic just "giving it a little oomph"
Backstory: Carl's childhood was filled with books, magic, and strict tutelage. He was trained by a rather unforgiving teacher, who allowed him tragically little time to actually be a kid. his only source of play came from his uncle, who would tell the young Carl countless stories of all of his adventures, that, while almost unanimously tall tales, were enough to inspire Carl at the age of 15 to abandon his studies and go out to see the world. Carl's greatest passion is to tell stories, fables, and folk tales to others, and spends much of his time looking for new stories to tell. He believes strongly in doing the right thing, and to never take the easy way out. He believes rather strongly in the concept of chivalry, honor, and heroism. In his younger years, Carl was a skilled duelist, and rather athletic to boot, but alas, those days are long behind him, and he can no longer achieve the feats he used to. He entered the Grail War as a last hurrah of sorts, and he plans on settling down and to give up adventuring after he has finished this. If he acquires the grail, he plans on using his wish to "Bring chivalry back to the world.", and hopefully to keep it away from any who would use its power for ill.

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Posted By:
Winter_Mage
Winter_Mage
StarStar
...In. Interesting concept stagger.

Posted By:
Staggerlee
Staggerlee
Star
how rude, It auto-emoticon'd my text. 

The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Posted By:
Staggerlee
Staggerlee
Star
out of curiosity, Interesting as in good or bad? Its my first time trying a forum RP, and Im open to critisism.

Posted By:
BobertJoe
BobertJoe
StarStarStar
By the way, how do you plan to be doing combat? Will you roll or such, or will you simply let us roleplay it out and come to a conclusion on our own?

Posted By:
Paladindotexe
Paladindotexe
Star
I'm rather new so I might not be good at this but I'll give it a shot.

Name: Mark Lestor
Master of: Rider
Magical Abilities: Hearthstone (capable of returning to place of habitation at a moments notice, must be applied to new locations, only one location can be set at a time)
Backstory: Mark was born into a family of paranoid and pragmatic magi, as the first born of the family he inherited the families magic and the responsibility of becoming the heir of the Lestor family this however proved to be too much for Mark and he began to isolate himself from the outside world. Mark is a shut in and spends little to no time outside the family estate since becoming the head, he prefers the company of his books and has little trust for anyone but the characters in his favourite novels.

Mark is participating in the holy grail war to have the oppertunity to meet a hero who has had their deeds immortalised in written word as well as to have his wish for a "more fantastical world" to be fulfilled.

← Previous 1 3 4

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Rate The Profile Pic Above You.

Nicki Minaj or Iggy Azalea??

Nicki Minaj or Iggy Azalea??

Kw's SISTER SITE :')

latest videos