Taking place 70 years after the events of "Avatar: The Last Airbender," this story follows the adventures of the Avatar after Aang - a passionate, rebellious, and fearless teenage girl from the Southern Water Tribe named Korra. With three of the four elements under her belt (Earth, Water, and Fire), Korra seeks to master the final element, Air. Her quest leads her to the epicenter of the modern "Avatar" world, Republic City - a metropolis that is fueled by steampunk technology. It is a virtual melting pot where benders and non-benders from all nations live and thrive. However, Korra discovers that Republic City is plagued by crime as well as a growing anti-bending revolution that threatens to rip it apart. Under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin, Korra begins her airbending training while dealing with the dangers at large.
- She isnow an elderly woman, is one of the few surviving characters of Avatar: The Last Airbender
and Korra's waterbending tutor.
- She is the student of Aang, and is a 17-year-old from the Southern Water Tribe, described as a "headstrong and rebellious girl". She has already mastered waterbending, earthbending, and firebending, but must learn airbending under the tutelage of Tenzin. Taken
- She is Korra's female "polar bear dog" and animal guide.
- He is Korra's airbending teacher. He is the youngest child of Aang and Katara, and the only accomplished airbender. With his wife Pema and his three airbender children, he lives on Air Temple Island, a sanctuary Aang built after the Hundred Years war.
- She is Tenzin's wife, a non-bender, and the mother of Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo.She is also expecting their forth child
- She is Tenzin's eldest daughter and an avid reader.
- She is Tenzin's youngest daughter, his second child, and described as "fun, crazy, and a fast talker".
- He is Tenzin's only son and the youngest of his three children.
Chief Lin Beifong
- She is Toph Beifong's daughter and the head of the Republic City police. The police use metalbending to subdue criminals, taught to them by Toph herself.
- He is a firebender and one of Korra's friends, who he is in love with. He has a younger brother named, Bolin, but he participates in pro-bending tournaments in the hopes of winning the big jackpot. Saved for Alex
- He is another of Korra's friends, an earthbender, and Mako's younger brother. In contrast to Mako, Bolin is often lighthearted and humorous. He also participates in pro-bending, the most popular sport in Republic City.
- He is Bolin's fire ferret (a black-footed red panda ferret). He is mischievous and assists Bolin in pranks on Mako
No form (But if you want to make your own, make your own form.)