Kw-logo-smaller

Dear Dish-It

Friends
Whether you’re digging them or dissing them - here’s a place to dish about your BFF's or not.

I want to help my friend

Posted By:
i_love_ducksss
i_love_ducksss
Star
I have two best friends. One is young for her age and a lot like me, the other is very upset and self conscious about her body. I really want to help her but she'll get annoyed if I stick my nose in too much as well.

She wants to learn how to ride a bike as she has just attempted when she was younger and fallen. She wishes she could ride a bike. I told her I'd teach her but she's afraid of looking like an idiot. She finds it hard as she carries a lot of weight and she would have to cope without stabilisers. I tell her it's normal to fall and that she just has to persevere. 

this happens with a lot of things. She doesn't want to do things because she's afraid of what she will look like. She finds her life boring as her mum restricts her a lot. She isn't aloud to do art as it's too messy. She finds it hard to do a lot of things. She enjoys swimming. She's says she's rubbish at everything. She's not. I want to help her and bring out her happy side. I want to encourage her to live life a bit more by going out of her comfort zone but I'm worried I'll be pushing it too much. She has life plans for the future. Her family never take her out so she's at home with her video game obsessed brother and her grandma. She would love to try new things but always refuses and I've figured out it's because she's worried about the way she looks at the bottom of it all. I want to help her. I want to make her happy. I don't want her to throw away her years of being young. She may have different views of adventure to me but I she's said herself this is what her life lacks. She got bullied a few months ago with boys teasing her lots asking if she'd go out with them being mean. They did it all the time and this has knocked her self confidence a lot. I want to help but I'm worried I'll be sticking my nose in to what is her life. Should I just leave her to it or has she told me all this because she wants my help?

I want to help my friend

Posted By:
AlphaT
AlphaT
StarStarStarStarStar
With self conscious people, do the opposite of what they say.

The only absolute knowledge attainable by man is that life is meaningless -

I want to help my friend

Posted By:
brunostar
brunostar
StarStarStarStarStar
just keep working with her, don't give up - she needs a good friend like you in her life. 

maybe ask for sleepovers or going to each others houses more often? or even show her embarrassing stuff online, it may make her laugh and know this crazy stuff happens to everyone - but it may also make it worse... 

just keep giving her ideas of what to do, and just do them with her. 

Devil TongueHangoverFrustrated NoseWink GrinCool GrinEnragedHurtAngel Wink

DevilShoutBlushWink GrinCool TongueEmbarrassedGrinClown

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

Fall Out Boy

What/How are you feeling right now?

E-DATING going on Kw

Nickelodeon Vs Disney

Favorite Youtubers :D (2014)

What/How are you feeling right now?

latest videos