Back left
Back right

Is it still worth it?

Celebs cartoon
Posted 4 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
 I have this friend, I'll call her Kate. Kate has been my BFF since second grade, but she's a bit of a jerk. Some of the things she's done are:

-Side with the girl who bullied me last year.
-Say that she'd put up with me for several years without complaining.
-Say that the girl who bullied me didn't do anything wrong.

There's more, but I won't list it. Last month, I sent her an email telling her I didn't want to be friends anymore and just saying a lot of stuff. She decided to be overdramatic about it and say that she wasn't going home with me, like she was supposed to, and just walking home. My mom and I found her while she was walking, and she told my mom. I got grounded for two weeks. This was basically a repeat of what happened last year, when I wrote a note about this whole thing and gave it to her. She's really mean to me, but everyone thinks she's the nicest girl in existence. Fast forward to today, and I'm still angry. Kate was deciding what to do for her birthday, and she settled on going with me and this other friend of ours to an Egyptian museum. What happened was that I had spent that day at the other friend's house, I'll call her Anna. So, when my mom came to pick me up from Anna's house, Anna's mom was asking if I was coming to the museum the next day. It turns out, my parents thought it would be a definite yes and told Kate's mom that I'd come. In the car, I told my mom I didn't want to go, and I basically broke down crying. I didn't go, thankfully, and we told Kate's parents that I had gotten sick. According to Anna, I've "broken up" with Kate forty-six times, and still came back to her after. I'm beginning to think there's no point in even bothering to explain anything to Kate and to just leave her and just stop talking to her.

Posted 4 months ago

Posted By:

Thumb
No. If someone is willing to put you through so much pain and hurts you so deeply, they are most certainly not worth it.

I don't know how to help you get out of this friendship for good, but I can safely say that you need to. "Kate" seems toxic, and you seem like a nice person who deserves much better friends than that.

I wish you the best of luck. Stay strong. 

News Feed

To view your full News Feed please Login using your Username and Password or Register with Kidzworld!

Forum Activity