Kw-logo-smaller

Games

Video Game News
What's going on? Find out here and talk about the newest video game news. Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, DS and PC.

Review: Sonic Generations [Xbox 360]

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar
Sonic Generations

Hey guys, I'm gonna do my not-so-professional (but better than GameInformer's)
review of Sonic Generations.

I played the Xbox 360 version, which I think is identical to the PS3 and PC versions.

Anyways, on with the review...

Sonic's had a bumpy history.  From his good games like Triple Trouble and Sonic & Knuckles, to his not-so-good games like Sonic '06 and Secret Rings...Sonic has been through a lot. GameInformer and Gamesradar spare him no mercy in their biased criticism.  Though I think Sonic Generations is a major turning point for Sonic and his animal friends.

Sonic Generations is a mixture of the Daytime stages in Sonic Unleashed (called "Boost2Win" by fans) and the classic 2D platformer style (seen in the Genesis and Game Gear games).  Also, it brings back new and old stages from past games to play on in both styles.  You get to play as the new lanky green-eyed Sonic who was introduced in Sonic Adventure in 1998, or the original light-colored potbellied Sonic from the original games (you know who the purists like better).

The gameplay in this game is amazing, I totally didn't expect it when I first played it.  It's an improved version of both playstyles (Classic and Boost2Win).  Classic Sonic is about momentum and platforming, while Modern Sonic is about speed and precision (I like Modern Sonic better).  Each stage has multiple paths (which can lead to Red Coins which unlock bonus stuff).  While there was too many scripted events, it was very stunning to look at.

The graphics are outstanding, both Sonic's stages really "pop" and show so much depth.  It's the prettiest Sonic game to date.  Seaside Hill is glorious in it's execution.

The story leaves...much to be desired.  I know that Gameplay > Story but the plot should've had a little more depth.  Also, Sonic's friends don't do anything but just stand there and talk (except in the missions, which range from fun to tedious).  The voice acting is phenomenal, though.  Roger Craig Smith is a better Sonic than Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith.  I wish Classic Sonic was voiced by Jaleel White, like in AoStH.

The game was a little on the short side.  The boss's were kinda easy, and most of the levels were not that difficult, but I kept getting killed unintentionally by random objects in certain stages (LOOKIN' AT YOU, ROOFTOP RUN).

All-in-all, Sonic Generations is a must-buy for any Sonic fan.  It pleases to both sides of the fandom.  While the story is lacking, the gameplay and graphics are the best of any Sonic game.

Never stop running, Sonic.

OVERALL SCORE: 4.5 Stars

I sell propane and propane accessories

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar

"AquaGGR" wrote:

Hey guys, I'm gonna do my not-so-professional (but better than GameInformer's)

review of Sonic Generations.

To clarify what I mean here, GameInformer's review of Sonic Generations was extremely biased and unfair.  They dropped the game down to a 6/10 just because it had levels from games after Sonic Adventure...seriously? 

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
If that is true.
That is stupid.
Why would they drop it down just because of that?

Check out this thread on KW

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar

"naruto200" wrote:

If that is true.

That is stupid.

Why would they drop it down just because of that?

GameInformer is known for being biased against Sonic.

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
I thought they liked Sonic.
They gave Sonnic colors a decent score.

Posted By:
Skeith Lock
Skeith
StarStarStarStar
As long as sonic can drift it good

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
I couldn't review this game. My brother got it at like 12:00am and I beat it at 5:00am. I was very pissed by the time I was done beating it. I didn't like it. It was repetitive and expected. The bosses, like every Sonic game, was a pain. The story was "eh". I don't much care for the story when it comes to Sonic games. They don't really need a story at least not for that game. We already know what's going to happen. I don't know, if I played it again I might be a little more passive but, I doubt it. Sonic games have always been a pain for me and my brother. 

Destiny Concept Art

Posted By:
Macodragon
Macodragon
StarStarStarStar
I just posted a review of this game on PC! I think you did better though. But the question I want to ask is what is your favorite level in the game? (Classic or Modern)

HELLPPPPPP..........
Why Didn't you help?

Not everyone is cute.
Except me. I'M GORGEOUS!

Anyone else feel like crud right now?
Take that and multiply that by 5000
CONGRATULATIONS! You found out how I feel on a Saturday night!

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
I liked the modern stages. 2D stages especielly 3rd and above were a pain.

Posted By:
AquaGGR
AquaGGR
StarStarStarStar

"Macodragon" wrote:

I just posted a review of this game on PC! I think you did better though. But the question I want to ask is what is your favorite level in the game? (Classic or Modern)

The best level is probably Seaside Hill.

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

One Direction VS One Republic

A song I wrote...

who is excited for mockingjay

A song I wrote...

A song I wrote...

Can't look through friends.

latest videos