Kw-logo-smaller

Games

Video Game News
What's going on? Find out here and talk about the newest video game news. Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, DS and PC.

Pokemon Lavender Town BGM. A Setup?

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
Okay, I am pretty sure I am the only person that has heard of this but, the Lavender Town BGM (Background Music) in Pokemon Red and Green made kids 7 - 12 commit suicide. The age group is that way because, kids that age had ears that were not fully developed. The high pitch, eerie music was later transcribed and was telling the kids to "Leave Now!" This event killed over 200 kids in Japan. Now, my brother said that the people who made Pokemon had some kind of clue about this, since eerie music was used a lot in horror movies. They knew that his would capture the scene of Lavender Town. Do you think it was a setup?

Never Let Someone Kill Your Dreams And Make You Feel Gloomy Or Down Just Because They Think You Can't Do It

Fuji GT-R Rain

Just Head For The Light And Never Let Anyone Bring You Down

BR-Z Surreal

(Both Photos Edited By Me)

Posted By:
parrotmad
parrotmad
Star
Hi, You are not the only person to hear of this. Since the kids' ears weren't fully developed, they were very sensetive. The children could hear a high pitched sound which stayed in their heads. The children could not bear this sound anymore and killed themselves. Also, how could the music be transcribed? And if you play Pokemon red/green/fire red/leaf green, didn't you find this whole lavender town thing a bit creepy?                                                                                                   

Katya L

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar

"parrotmad" wrote:

Hi, You are not the only person to hear of this. Since the kids' ears weren't fully developed, they were very sensetive. The children could hear a high pitched sound which stayed in their heads. The children could not bear this sound anymore and killed themselves. Also, how could the music be transcribed? And if you play Pokemon red/green/fire red/leaf green, didn't you find this whole lavender town thing a bit creepy?  
Wow, I remember this post. Anyway, I myself haven't played Pokemon. I happen to see a video with a creepy Jigglypuff picture so I went there and my brother remember the place and game because he played. We went on the web and saw what the song was doing.  The song could be transcribe because, apparently, it was telling the kids to kill themselves. It sounded crazy and a little believe since the audio could actually have talked to kids. It drove crazy and they just killed themselves because, it was constantly telling them that. I'm not sure how but, I don't know much about audio. 

Never Let Someone Kill Your Dreams And Make You Feel Gloomy Or Down Just Because They Think You Can't Do It

Fuji GT-R Rain

Just Head For The Light And Never Let Anyone Bring You Down

BR-Z Surreal

(Both Photos Edited By Me)

Posted By:
parrotmad
parrotmad
Star
You should play pokemon, it's a fun game. Where did you see the creepy jigglypuff picture? Btw, in pokemon fire red/ leaf green they apparently erased the message- if you are wondering if I am alive! Anyway, go on youtube, and have a look at the Lavender Town Theory. The dude will tell you everything that is about it.

Katya L

Posted By:
Masterzero4
Masterzero4
StarStarStarStarStar
Yes in the pokemon green game which was only released in japan the lavander  town theme gave kids headaches and even caused suicide 

Masterzero4 new logo A Very Good Band. The Beatles are a great band.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

_thumb_100x100

We have all played the famous game Sudoku, now play it online with this Classic ...

latest forum posts

LAST 1 TO POST WINS ! ! :D

Indian TV Serials

Who's the cutest celeb