Kw-logo-smaller

Games

Video Game News
What's going on? Find out here and talk about the newest video game news. Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, DS and PC.

Pokemon Lavender Town BGM. A Setup?

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
Okay, I am pretty sure I am the only person that has heard of this but, the Lavender Town BGM (Background Music) in Pokemon Red and Green made kids 7 - 12 commit suicide. The age group is that way because, kids that age had ears that were not fully developed. The high pitch, eerie music was later transcribed and was telling the kids to "Leave Now!" This event killed over 200 kids in Japan. Now, my brother said that the people who made Pokemon had some kind of clue about this, since eerie music was used a lot in horror movies. They knew that his would capture the scene of Lavender Town. Do you think it was a setup?

BladeDancer

Beautiful lethality, relentless style

Posted By:
parrotmad
parrotmad
Star
Hi, You are not the only person to hear of this. Since the kids' ears weren't fully developed, they were very sensetive. The children could hear a high pitched sound which stayed in their heads. The children could not bear this sound anymore and killed themselves. Also, how could the music be transcribed? And if you play Pokemon red/green/fire red/leaf green, didn't you find this whole lavender town thing a bit creepy?                                                                                                   

Katya L

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar

"parrotmad" wrote:

Hi, You are not the only person to hear of this. Since the kids' ears weren't fully developed, they were very sensetive. The children could hear a high pitched sound which stayed in their heads. The children could not bear this sound anymore and killed themselves. Also, how could the music be transcribed? And if you play Pokemon red/green/fire red/leaf green, didn't you find this whole lavender town thing a bit creepy?  
Wow, I remember this post. Anyway, I myself haven't played Pokemon. I happen to see a video with a creepy Jigglypuff picture so I went there and my brother remember the place and game because he played. We went on the web and saw what the song was doing.  The song could be transcribe because, apparently, it was telling the kids to kill themselves. It sounded crazy and a little believe since the audio could actually have talked to kids. It drove crazy and they just killed themselves because, it was constantly telling them that. I'm not sure how but, I don't know much about audio. 

BladeDancer

Beautiful lethality, relentless style

Posted By:
parrotmad
parrotmad
Star
You should play pokemon, it's a fun game. Where did you see the creepy jigglypuff picture? Btw, in pokemon fire red/ leaf green they apparently erased the message- if you are wondering if I am alive! Anyway, go on youtube, and have a look at the Lavender Town Theory. The dude will tell you everything that is about it.

Katya L

Posted By:
Masterzero4
Masterzero4
StarStarStarStarStar
Yes in the pokemon green game which was only released in japan the lavander  town theme gave kids headaches and even caused suicide 

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

likeing 1 boy but not telling him

What book are you currently reading?

what are your hobbies and interests?

Death Of Friend/family member

I'm Kinda New But Add Me Here

How old are u now??

latest videos