Kw-halloween-logo-small

Games

Video Game News
What's going on? Find out here and talk about the newest video game news. Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, DS and PC.

Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
Anti-Princess Peach
Anti-Princess Peach
Member since:
October, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 109
SPOILER ALERT: This contains an easter egg. If you want to look at this stuff yourself, go back. OK, so I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 for a while, and I've got to the Shiverburn galaxy. Well, yeah, since it was new level, I did some exploring. Opon my exploring, I found something-- something very unusual to find in a Mario game. There was these three things looking at Mario. I used first-person mode and looked to the left from the begining of the stage to see it. OK, now, I was pretty creeped out now. I did some researching and found several sources that had the explanation. Someone digged deeper into it and found this: It seems that these alien creatures were designed for a beta level that was scraped in development, called BeyondHellValley. The file for the weird creature picture came out as HellValleySkyTree. It may be a designed for a creature/object in the level. I'm guessing the level was scraped since the game was aimed at younger audiences. And that's not all. Whenever you look to the left from there, you will see these as if they are actually following Mario. We guess this was an easter egg that Nintendo left in there. But these are still interesting to ponder; WHY do they follow Mario if all coding was deleted? We assume that it was left in by a mistake. They do not look like they actually moved from the spot, because it's in order. Big, medium, small. And there's the fact that NOBODY in the game has said anything about them.Even if the game is hacked, you STILL can't get to them. They are textured to always be at a distance Mario cannot get to. Also, there are easter eggs in Super Mario 3D land that may be relevant to this. I don't know which level you can see this in, but if you use the binoculars to find a Toad, you can zoom up a little bit. Wait a minute, then a UFO will be seen. This may be a reference to either the easter egg in Mario Galaxy 2, or the UFOs that can be seen in FaceRaiders. And also, you can see a gjost (not a Boo) if you go to the Ghost House at world 4-4. Finish the level, and go to the end of the stage. Go past the FlagPole, and you'll be infront of the wall. Jump up on the fence part, and wait about 1 minute to 30 seconds, and there will be a ghost. It stays for at leats 5 sconds, then it will go away. This stuff REALLY creeped me and my brother out, and I wanted to see if anyone knew too.

Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
Anti-Princess Peach
Anti-Princess Peach
Member since:
October, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 109
Since Shiverburn Galaxy was textured over BeyondHellValley, there is an obvious reference to the name. "Shiverburn" is a reference to BeyondHellValley. The "Shiver" represents fear, and "Burn" represents pain. So these are the two main things that the title Title of "Beyond Hell" gives off. 

Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
-Skrillex
-Skrillex
Member since:
December, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 5369
That's pretty perculiar...have you seen anything like that in the previous galaxies, or just Shiverburn?

I'm not really sure what to put here.


Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
Anti-Princess Peach
Anti-Princess Peach
Member since:
October, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 109

"-Skrillex" wrote:

That's pretty perculiar...have you seen anything like that in the previous galaxies, or just Shiverburn?
It was only in Shiverburn, since Shiverburn was textured over BeyondHellValley. Either Nintendo left in there for fans to figure out, or by a mistake.

Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
-Skrillex
-Skrillex
Member since:
December, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 5369

"Anti-Princess Peach" wrote:

"-Skrillex" wrote:

That's pretty perculiar...have you seen anything like that in the previous galaxies, or just Shiverburn?
It was only in Shiverburn, since Shiverburn was textured over BeyondHellValley. Either Nintendo left in there for fans to figure out, or by a mistake.
As you said before, it was placed in the BETA version. I suppose it was left in the released version by mistake in some copies.

I'm not really sure what to put here.


Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
Anti-Princess Peach
Anti-Princess Peach
Member since:
October, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 109

"-Skrillex" wrote:

"Anti-Princess Peach" wrote:

"-Skrillex" wrote:

That's pretty perculiar...have you seen anything like that in the previous galaxies, or just Shiverburn?
It was only in Shiverburn, since Shiverburn was textured over BeyondHellValley. Either Nintendo left in there for fans to figure out, or by a mistake.
As you said before, it was placed in the BETA version. I suppose it was left in the released version by mistake in some copies.
Yes, that's probably the case. I'm still doing research on it, and if I find something else I will post it. I get a feeling that BeyondHellValley might come back in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon since it might be rated e-10+.

Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
-Skrillex
-Skrillex
Member since:
December, 2011
StarStarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 5369

"Anti-Princess Peach" wrote:

"-Skrillex" wrote:

"Anti-Princess Peach" wrote:

"-Skrillex" wrote:

That's pretty perculiar...have you seen anything like that in the previous galaxies, or just Shiverburn?
It was only in Shiverburn, since Shiverburn was textured over BeyondHellValley. Either Nintendo left in there for fans to figure out, or by a mistake.
As you said before, it was placed in the BETA version. I suppose it was left in the released version by mistake in some copies.
Yes, that's probably the case. I'm still doing research on it, and if I find something else I will post it. I get a feeling that BeyondHellValley might come back in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon since it might be rated e-10+.
Yes, do try to look into it. You never know, it might be a glitch of some sort or it's part of BETA.

I'm not really sure what to put here.


Freaky Easter Egg in Super Mario Galxy 2

Posted By:
Keldeo
Keldeo
Member since:
July, 2012
StarStarStarStar
Status: Offline
Posts: 207
Well I know who to call now. Ghostbusters! Or at least Luigi with the Poltergust 2000 (or was it 3000) anyway I found that it isnt only just at the begginning, but in fact someone found it at any time if you look up and to the left. Plus, it might just be forced perspective. Since it dark you will only be able see the sillouhette so maybe it could just be some trees in animals placed in  a way that would make it look like a ghost. Well, that is my theory. Now for what other people may believe, GHOSTS ESCAPED FROM LUIGI'S MANSION! Oh, well I saw this on youtube and the sky was HellValleySky the place was ValleyBeyondHell and the tree was HellValleyTree. Still, yikes. Heaven forbid a little kid looks up at that and gets so scared he cries. Well, it's an E rated game so you might expect something like this in a level like this, for background effect. Dark = Scary = Ghosts in every developers minds. Look at Pokemon Ghost - Types appear in Cementaries and abandoned mansions and at night.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Black Veil Brides

Black Veil Brides

Cute ;-)

Black Veil Brides

Cute ;-)

Brave or Tangled?

latest videos