Kw-logo-smaller

Games

Video Game News
What's going on? Find out here and talk about the newest video game news. Nintendo Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, DS and PC.

We need more Platformers, Fighting, and Racing games...

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
It seems the most popular games are 1st person Shooters like Call Of Duty, Halo and a few others. There are some over-looked genres that use to be popular and I am going to give reasons why I think we need more games from each genre. Racing: We need more racing games because most of the racing games on current generation consoles are not so good, even though the graphics are "Amazing" they are not as fun as they use to. Hm.... maybe Microsift and Bungie could make a game called "Super Halo Kart 360"? Platformers: Not only is this my FAVORITE genre out of all genres, It was also my first genre i've played. Platforming games are where you jump to pplatform to platform collecting items defeting enemies and getting to the end of the stage. We need more platforming games because their the main reason the playstation came to life. And who could forget Super Mario 64, or Sonic heroes, and most importantly Super Mario Bros the game that started all platforming games. Fighting: If you remeber old arcade fighting games in the current generation nothing changed except the graphics. Take Dead or alive 4 or Naruto The Broken Bond for an example. If you have enjoyed Mortal Kombat or Naruto clash of Ninja revolution or Super smash bros and so on.... Even though this probally failed with most 360 and some PS3 players I just wanted to attemp prove that the current generation was not as good as the last even with the technology.

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
StarStarStarStar
BORING GENRES BRO

I am a furry little kitty. =^.^=

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
Well, in my opinion if It wasn't for any of these genres, video games wouldn't have as fun. What I don't understand Is why does Halo, Call of Duty Battle field, Modern warefare (Which is also part of the Call Of Duty series) Any ways, I plan on bringing these kind of games back i'm going to show the gaming indenstry that platforming games and racing and fighting games are just as good (If not better ) then 1st person shooters.

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
StarStarStarStar

"naruto200" wrote:

Well, in my opinion if It wasn't for any of these genres, video games wouldn't have as fun. What I don't understand Is why does Halo, Call of Duty Battle field, Modern warefare (Which is also part of the Call Of Duty series) Any ways, I plan on bringing these kind of games back i'm going to show the gaming indenstry that platforming games and racing and fighting games are just as good (If not better ) then 1st person shooters.

IT'S NOT A MATTER OF BEING BETTER OR NOT, BRO. IT'S ABOUT THE MARKET. AND THE MARKET RIGHT NOW WANTS FIRST PERSON, CASUAL, ARCADE SHOOTERS LIKE CALL OF DUTY AND HALO. 

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
And do you know why? Because they don't make as many platformers as they use to so the buyers are used to Call Of Duty by now. And I am getting bored of it.

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
StarStarStarStar

"naruto200" wrote:

And do you know why? Because they don't make as many platformers as they use to so the buyers are used to Call Of Duty by now. And I am getting bored of it.

Or maybe because people's tastes shifted, lol. You don't go from a lot of platformers to few platformers because "they make less of them," if they're still selling. 

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
Lets see last November 2011 they made and released a lot of platforming games such as Sonic Generations, Rayman Orings and more. And they selled very well. I bet if they developed as much platforming, Racing , And Fighting games it was sell just as well as 1st person shooters.

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
StarStarStarStar

"naruto200" wrote:

Lets see last November 2011 they made and released a lot of platforming games such as Sonic Generations, Rayman Orings and more. And they selled very well. I bet if they developed as much platforming, Racing , And Fighting games it was sell just as well as 1st person shooters.

Except those games are selling well / very well by platforming standards, not by top level shooters like CoD/Halo. They're way out of their league. It has NOTHING to do with how many are made, it has everything to do with what the market wants. The market wanted shooters, hence the diminishing of platformers.

Most of the reason is probably just because of multiplayer, anyway. 

Posted By:
naruto200
naruto200
StarStarStarStarStar
In that case i will just have to make a difference in the future.

Posted By:
Alekhine
Alekhine
StarStarStarStar

"naruto200" wrote:

In that case i will just have to make a difference in the future.

Good luck with that. You follow what the market wants, or your company dies / isn't prosperous. That's kind of how businesses work. 

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

FAV SUBJECTS

Lets all lie!

TYPE THE FIRST ALPHABET YOU SEE ON KEYBOARD!

Its a never ending game!

ThE WoRd GaMe

FAV SUBJECTS

latest videos