Kw-logo-smaller

Random

General
Want to talk with your buddies without clogging up the rest of the forums? This is the spot to do it!

TRY TO PUT A WORD ON HERE THAT DOESN'T HAVE AN VOWELS AND IS MORE THAN 3 LETTERS

Posted By:
Funny_Person_LOL
Funny_Person_LOL
StarStarStar
It's hard.

~ Funny_Person_LOL

TRY TO PUT A WORD ON HERE THAT DOESN'T HAVE AN VOWELS AND IS MORE THAN 3 LETTERS

Posted By:
-Allie-
-Allie-
Junior Mod
StarStarStarStarStar
Rhythm.

Don't talk ABOUT me when I'm not here, because you weren't worthy of talking TO me when I was.

Don't talk negatively about other people's looks when you're too much of a coward to show your picture for others to do the same.

Lastly, and most importantly -

I Support Equal Rights

Posted By:
TheAverageJC
TheAverageJC
StarStarStarStarStar
Myth

All We Love We Leave Behind

Posted By:
WithTheWildThings
WithTheWildThings
StarStarStar
If it doesn't have a vowel it isn't a word ._. 

Y is a vowel. 

"I'm just a
Would've been
Could've been
Should've been
Never was
And never ever will be."

~And The Snakes Start To Sing by Bring Me The Horizon

Posted By:
TheAverageJC
TheAverageJC
StarStarStarStarStar

"WithTheWildThings" wrote:

Y is a vowel. 

There are words without vowels. Like myth.
And no, Y is not a vowel.

Posted By:
WithTheWildThings
WithTheWildThings
StarStarStar
Then where in the world did they"and sometimes y, " thing go for cases like "rhythm " and "myth"?

and the "it isn't a word without a vowel" thing? 

or have they been feeding me lies? 0.o  XD

"I'm just a
Would've been
Could've been
Should've been
Never was
And never ever will be."

Posted By:
TheAverageJC
TheAverageJC
StarStarStarStarStar

Then where in the world did they"and sometimes y, " thing go for cases like "rhythm " and "myth"?

and the "it isn't a word without a vowel" thing? 

or have they been feeding me lies? 0.o  XD

Yeah, you've been spoon fed bovine fecal matter.

Posted By:
WithTheWildThings
WithTheWildThings
StarStarStar
I take back what I orginally had here and replace it with a dictionary.com article:

The letter Y stands for a consonant in "yoke" but for a vowel in "myth." The answer to the question is that Y is the only letter commonly used as both vowel and consonant in English. A consonant is a sound in spoken language (or alphabetic letter denoting the sound) that has no vocal sound of its own but relies upon a nearby vowel with which it can sound. Consonant is from the Latin words con 'with' and sonant 'sound'. A vowel is a sound in spoken language that has a vocal sound of its own; it is made by a fairly open configuration of the vocal tract. The letter Y is probably used more often as a vowel, but in the role of vowel it is often interchangeable with the letter I. They overlap, so Y is often pronounced like short or long I ("myth," "fly"), although sometimes like long E ("messy") and occasionally as a schwa ("myrtle," "satyr"). In "say" and "boy," Y forms a single sound with the preceding vowel, similar to the double-vowel combinations in "paid" and "void." The consonant soundY is not consistently represented in English spelling by any other letter, which is probably why we tend to think of it mainly as a consonant. It has just one sound, the y of "youth" and "yearning." Around AD 100, about 700 years after the Roman alphabet had been created, the Romans added the letters Y and Z. They were copied directly from the Athenian Greek alphabet of the day and this was done to help in transliterating Greek words into Latin. The use of Y as a consonant goes back to medieval French and it was forcibly imported to England with the Norman Conquest of AD 1066. 

I didn't actually readit all, but the beginning was helpful enough XD

"I'm just a
Would've been
Could've been
Should've been
Never was
And never ever will be."

Posted By:
Funny_Person_LOL
Funny_Person_LOL
StarStarStar

"TheAverageJC" wrote:

Y is a vowel. 

There are words without vowels. Like myth.
And no, Y is not a vowel.

Um...so you're trying to tell me...that Rhythm and myth are not words...I think are.

~ Funny_Person_LOL

Posted By:
Baby260
Baby260
StarStarStarStarStar
rhyme

← Previous 1 3 4

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

Ow_fright_ad_100x100

Explore the world or hang out with friends in your own condo. Get a unique look,...

latest forum posts

Telekinesis... Is it real?

Telekinesis... Is it real?

Give me the color of ur Shirt now:)

What was the last thing you ate?

The Hunger Games or Twilight

The Hunger Games or Twilight

latest videos