Kw-logo-smaller

Random

General
Want to talk with your buddies without clogging up the rest of the forums? This is the spot to do it!

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar
Okay so I have Hughes Net, and I get 250 MB a DAY.
But, I can't watch videos or listen to music because it uses up all of the MB. 
I'm just curious why all of these other internet carriers say that you can surf the web and stream movies and videos and listen to music etc, on 10 or 15 MB a month.. 
I don't get it Frustrated 

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
StarStarStarStar
They're most probably saying 10/15 gb a month

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:

Idk, maybe.
Is that more? o.o 

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
TheAverageJC
TheAverageJC
StarStarStarStarStar
gb is more than mb

All We Love We Leave Behind

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
StarStarStarStar

"Betzy123" wrote:

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:

Idk, maybe.
Is that more? o.o 

1gb = 1000mb

In your situation it's 250mb a day * 28 days in a month = 7gb/month to use

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar
You have limit on your internet daily? You have a limit on your internet? I don't have a limit. I download stuff 10 MB Per Sec. It seems like your internet is similar to phone's data plans. If that is that case, your should have about 15-20 GB a month like TearInTheRain said. But, that internet method is not very practical for home services. 

BladeDancer

Beautiful lethality, relentless style

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
TearsInTheRain Lock
TearsInTheRain
StarStarStarStar

"Team Audi #46" wrote:

You have limit on your internet daily? You have a limit on your internet? I don't have a limit. I download stuff 10 MB Per Sec. It seems like your internet is similar to phone's data plans. If that is that case, your should have about 15-20 GB a month like TearInTheRain said. But, that internet method is not very practical for home services. 

I think ISP's in the US have a bandwidth cap, though I've only ever heard of it being monthly and generally around that ~15-20GB range, but that's just anecdotal stuff from the rural area I live in. It shouldn't be that bad unless your cap is absurdly criminally low hers with 7gb/mo though

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
Team Audi #46
Team Audi #46
StarStarStarStarStar

"TearsInTheRain" wrote:

"Team Audi #46" wrote:

I think ISP's in the US have a bandwidth cap, though I've only ever heard of it being monthly and generally around that ~15-20GB range, but that's just anecdotal stuff from the rural area I live in. It shouldn't be that bad unless your cap is absurdly criminally low hers with 7gb/mo though

Well, that makes since. That would explain why playing games online would lag or watching videos would take forever when my dad was on using #####. That was before we upgraded anyways. Now it's decent. If ISPs start putting caps on download usage like you can only use a certain amount of MBs a day, I don't know what I would do. 

BladeDancer

Beautiful lethality, relentless style

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar

"Team Audi #46" wrote:

Yeah like we have like meter thing, and at the beginning of the month it fills up to the top, which is 100%, then if me or my mom gets on the internet, depending on how much mb we use up, it goes down. And then when we're not on the internet, it gradually fills back up. 
lol yes I have a limit on my internet. 
I live in the middle of nowhere, and big internet serices that offer unliminted don't service our area. 
Well good for you.
No I don't, I have 250.. 
Well it's the best thing we've found so far.  

Okay I'm confused.

Posted By:
Betzy123
Betzy123
StarStarStarStarStar
bump

← Previous 1

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

Big_icon_(7)

Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

Hour-of-code-tumb

Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

Big_icon_(4)

You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

Big_icon_(6)

The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!

latest forum posts

new people

What does your name mean?

awnser the question the person above you asks

awnser the question the person above you asks

latest videos