Kw-logo-smaller

Kidzworld Help

Homework Help
Need help with math, geography, science or any other school work? Post your questions here! Or maybe you are an expert. Share you knowledge here.

ew maths

Posted By:
classicalmusicisepic
classicalmusicisepic
StarStarStarStarStar
so, last year at school i literally had no problem with maths.
now, it's a real struggle.
I mean, at the start it was fine. algebra and stuff was no problem to me, but now as we're moving onto geometry it's getting complicated.
my teacher is great. she explains stuff, but its hard if you dont ask. sometimes she just runs through it, not much explaining going on.
like, she's waffling on about axioms when i dont even know what an axiom is. 
help?

bring me the horizon ♥

ew maths

Posted By:
Alverdine Lock
Alverdine
StarStarStarStar
Start telling yourself that you completely understand the stuff while you're doing your lesson, even if you don't understand a thing about it. If you tell the brain something enough, it's very gullible, and eventually you'll be able to force yourself to learn it! 

Everyone has a different way of learning things. It seems like you haven't found your way yet! Try a bunch of different things - do a lot of example problems. 

ew maths

Posted By:
Yeliak
Yeliak
StarStarStarStarStar
Sounds like my math teacher and yours could be twins. Great, but over explains the dumb stuff and sky rockets over the complex stuff. And it's hard when you don't understand something, but don't even know what question to ask, because it's so dang confusing!

Uh, I realized I have no help for you, even though I'm in the same situation. But I'm not struggling. And I'm not in Geometry. Does your teacher have a free period where you can talk to her? If not, I'd highly suggest getting a tutor. Better to fix the prob early on than to wallow in your suffering.

ew maths

Posted By:
woahitskar
woahitskar
StarStarStarStar
I agree with telling yourself that you understand it, as your words are very powerful over your mind and you can reprogram yourself. Have you thought about seeking a tutor, or asking your math teacher to see you during lunch, before school, or after school? Don't be afraid to ask for help when you don't understand. If you don't understand a vocabulary word, then raise your hand and ask about it.

Do me a favor: look in the mirror, and observe the reflection that's staring right at you. Do you see that? That's an alive, breathing, human being, that deserves to be happy, like anybody else in this world. That's a human being that deserves love. A being that's went through so much, but stood so strong. I'm so proud of you.

ew maths

Posted By:
RedBengalTiger
RedBengalTiger
StarStarStar
Unfortunately, I have the same math teacher dilemma  Frown  What I do is, even if I missed a class or if I don't understand how they're doing it, I just do the work anyways. This might not work as well for geometry, but in algebra there's usually a pattern to it, or one particular skill being taught at a time (or one 'set' of skills). Therefore, just follow the pattern, even if you don't know why or how it works. It doesn't matter if you get it wrong the first few times. Eventually, it's good to see the reasoning behind the method, but overall understanding comes first. Also socialize with your table group (if you have one). Even if they don't get it either, trying to audibly work it through can help. Pretend you know the subject, and the subject will come to be known.

I never really bothered with people much. Maybe I can learn.

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...

latest forum posts

Name your top 5 bands.

if you had a horse, what would you name it??

REALLY ANNOYING MCDONALDS AD!!!-moved

What's your pets name?

What's your forum post count?

Favourite Animals

latest videos